Steam - Left 4 Dead 1/2/Bundle - 66% off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
cool figured this would be the case.. great for any Mac owners that don't have these games yet as L4D2 will be available for OSX today and L4D1 shortly after. Free DLC too today!!!

Will definitely be picking up L4D1 at that price, as I didn't bite during the summer sale (and didn't have a worthwhile gaming PC at that point). Already have L4D2.

Also, isn't it depressing that Valve can discount the full games plus their free expansion content on the PC, to the same price they have to charge on the 360 for JUST the new "The Sacrifice" campaign?

I already bought L4D on my old Steam account.. and they won't let me transfer it to my new one.

Thus, I just won't own the first game. It's probably dead now anyway.

I'm down for a four-pack if anyone is interested in L4D2.

I bought L4D1 during the summer sale and I'm glad I didn't get the second one then so I just bought it now. Still, I wish I could've saved the extra $3 and change.

Oh, wow. I was all down to get L4D2, then I saw the bundle. Even though I got L4D1 on 360, I couldn't resist the bundle, just so I can get the free DLC. And I love steam.

Definitely in for L4D2 at that price to go with my L4D1 I already had. I play them on the 360, but also like to play them on PC for the mods and free DLC.

The newest DLC, "The Sacrifice," costs $7 anyways (if I'm doing my math right) on XBL. If your computer can run this, might as well buy it on PC.

If L4D1 worth buying if I played it on 360 (didn't play that new campaign though)? I don't really need it, but it's only $7...

Good buy, I am wondering if it is fun to play with other people on steam. Usually I know that I am better with a controller for this game than a keyboard and mouse.

I can't even begin to add up how much money I have been spending on all these Steam deals. Ow well, can't go wrong at all these prices. I am in.

[quote name='aosora13']Good buy, I am wondering if it is fun to play with other people on steam. Usually I know that I am better with a controller for this game than a keyboard and mouse.[/QUOTE]

I tend to jump around a lot of public games and most of the people I end up with are fun to play with. Lots of ragers and quitters, but not really any worse than the 360's crowd; some silent teams, some very communicative teams. I'd say about half of the players I come across use headsets.

Also, a official wired Xbox 360 controller is pretty much plug and play with L4D2 (and I'd assume L4D1) with the same control setup as the 360's version, and you can make the 360's wired headset work with steam through the controller! KB/M is vastly superior to a controller, though. ;)

[quote name='Skizye']Do a lot of people still play L4D?[/QUOTE]

Oh, yes. Both games are still in the top 20 on Steam. Valve = Steam, Valve = L4D. It's a lovefest on Steam, as with all Valve games.

You might find this chart helpful:
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

List of the top 100 games being played on steam. Updated hourly. The stats for L4D and L4D2 will be a little wonky (high) because of the new free DLC, but usually L4D2 is in the top 10 and L4D is in the top 20.

Regardless, the game is not very much fun with strangers. Your best bet is to buy a 4-pack and team up with your friends. Strangers are OK, but they don't usually play well as a team. Sometimes you get jerks, especially in Scavenge mode.

Bit on it, thanks OP. Was feeling a zombie game with the release of dead rising 2 (haven't got that yet due to some poor reviews, prolly drop to $25ish before xmas at this rate.) Can't go wrong with 2 zombie games for ~$5 each (bundle)

[quote name='rudiger94949']Bit on it, thanks OP. Was feeling a zombie game with the release of dead rising 2 (haven't got that yet due to some poor reviews, prolly drop to $25ish before xmas at this rate.) Can't go wrong with 2 zombie games for ~$5 each (bundle)[/QUOTE]

These games are awesome with a good group of people. I highly doubt you will be disappointed.

Holy crap this is an amazing price! I have literally been waiting well over a year for this as I only now have a PC capable of running it (just upgraded).

So that said... what is a good resource for this game for total newbies? Or should I just jump in and hope for the best. :D

[quote name='funsocaltiger']Holy crap this is an amazing price! I have literally been waiting well over a year for this as I only now have a PC capable of running it (just upgraded).

So that said... what is a good resource for this game for total newbies? Or should I just jump in and hope for the best. :D[/QUOTE]

I would join the CAG steam community if you haven't already.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CAG

After that just look for people to play and let them know you're just starting out and you should be good to go. My steam name evildeadjedi1981 go ahead and add me if you want and I hope to play this evening (depending on if I can install since the servers are getting pounded right now).

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I would join the CAG steam community if you haven't already.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CAG

After that just look for people to play and let them know you're just starting out and you should be good to go. My steam name evildeadjedi1981 go ahead and add me if you want and I hope to play this evening (depending on if I can install since the servers are getting pounded right now).[/QUOTE]

yea the server is getting annoying. I bought L4D2 a while back but it wont let me play it right now because of the map update that i cant dl due to the server. I also bought L4D with this deal.

P.S Im going to add u. My ID is serate

[quote name='killerthrust']yea the server is getting annoying. I bought L4D2 a while back but it wont let me play it right now because of the map update that i cant dl due to the server. I also bought L4D with this deal.

P.S Im going to add u. My ID is serate[/QUOTE]

All right I just saw your request and added you on my list.

I already had Left 4 Dead 2, Left 4 Dead however... *buy*

Its available on both Windows and OSX now, and my five year old computer with a 3 year old video card runs Left 4 Dead 2 great on medium settings. There is no reason now why no one should own both of these games now.

Do you think it's worth the bundle even if I own both games on 360?
Any advantages on PC over 360, besides the graphics and the fact that DLC's are free?

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Do you think it's worth the bundle even if I own both games on 360?
Any advantages on PC over 360, besides the graphics and the fact that DLC's are free?[/QUOTE]
ico_singlePlayer.gif

Single-player

ico_multiPlayer.gif

Multi-player

ico_coop.gif

Co-op

ico_achievements.gif

Steam Achievements

ico_leaderboards.gif

Steam Leaderboards

ico_cloud.gif

Steam Cloud

ico_commentary.gif

Commentary available

ico_cc.gif

Captions available

ico_stats.gif

Stats

ico_hdr.gif

HDR available

ico_vac.gif

Valve Anti-Cheat enabled

ico_controller.gif

Controller enabled

ico_sdk.gif

Includes Source SDK

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Do you think it's worth the bundle even if I own both games on 360?
Any advantages on PC over 360, besides the graphics and the fact that DLC's are free?[/QUOTE]

Constant updates and mods.

[quote name='henrylin22'] ...

[/QUOTE]

I don't see any of that being advantages over the 360 version.
Hm, tough decision.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Constant updates and mods.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I forgot that Valve updates them pretty often.

Any advantages on PC over 360, besides the graphics and the fact that DLC's are free?[/QUOTE]You honestly just answered your own question. ;)

[quote name='sherisdoppel']I don't see any of that being advantages over the 360 version.
Hm, tough decision.

Thank you, I forgot that Valve updates them pretty often.[/QUOTE]

No problem :)

so many games on my backlog...esp. Valkyria Chronicles 2 just got released. I guess I would be better off waiting for Left 4 Dead 3 to come out before I can finish the backlog

I know what i'm doing when i get home! I have the first, been wanting to get the 2nd for a good price. Perfect time now! thanks op!

bread's done
Back