15 replies to this topic

#1 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:00 AM

Good Price for a Good Game. Eligible for free shipping with Prime

http://www.amazon.co...86330374&sr=8-1

P.S - Available from couple of other sellers through Amazon for 10 pennies less.
You can use them to buy 10 guides from Best Buy

#2 mrbomb

mrbomb

A Tasty Classic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:08 AM

Picked one up, thanks OP I've been wanting this game for a while.
Posted Image

#3 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:20 AM

Fantastic game at a fantastic price.

#4 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:32 AM

Just so everyone knows this game is being included free with new copies of Dead Space 2 for PS3 (and only PS3) when it hits in January, so if you were planning on getting Dead Space 2 you might want to hold off.

#5 Archfiend

Archfiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:23 AM

Just so everyone knows this game is being included free with new copies of Dead Space 2 for PS3 (and only PS3) when it hits in January, so if you were planning on getting Dead Space 2 you might want to hold off.

So will it be a ps3 version or the wii version? I thought this was wii only game?

#6 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:48 AM

Wouldn't you have to buy the PS Move at some point before being able to play the PS3 version? It'll probably look better though.

#7 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:49 PM

Wouldn't you have to buy the PS Move at some point before being able to play the PS3 version? It'll probably look better though.

No, the Dead Space Extraction PS3 version will not required the PS Move. They mentioned this some time ago that you can use a standard controller. But overall, its a good price on the Wii version.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV).

#8 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:20 PM

It's a DECENT game at a DECENT price IMO. Entirely skipable even if you like the original, but...it's okay. Obviously it's not even 1/4 as fun as the real game, and there are issues in it where the forced camera or controls are doing the wrong thing, but it's not without some merit.

EDIT: But yeah, if you're buying Dead Space 2 anyway, just get it for Playstation to play a better version of the same thing...which...well, at least that'll be free and look better.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#9 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:33 PM

Fucking AWESOME game! Worth every dime on any platform. No, its not a traditional Dead Space game, its a different game, and meant to be different. If you want to play more Dead Space 1, then start a new save file.

The PS3 version is an exclusive PSN and LE pack-in (for now, no telling what the future holds) with graphical upgrades, and as mentioned can be played with or without Move. Here is a link to what an HD upgrade looks like for this game:
http://www.joystiq.c...scue-operation/

Its a good game. Its not meant to replace DS1, or be a sequel, it is something different, and wonderful in its own right.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#10 thefearsomefearful

thefearsomefearful

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:39 AM

Dead Space extraction is currently $12.49 at Amazon, sold by Gameroom Deals and Prime eligible. Had to bite at that price. Not bad, as it is back up to 29.99 at NewEgg.

http://www.amazon.co...88924599&sr=8-6

#11 CGlade

CGlade

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:41 AM

I enjoyed this. Worth the asking price!

#12 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:45 AM

I was honestly pretty underwhelmed by this game. I may just ultimately be uninterested in rail shooters but I bought at a BF sale last year or year before and almost beat it.

It does have a pretty excellent production value for a Wii game and while I loved Dead Space I still didn't think the universe helped carry the stale mechanics. That said, if you are a horror fan, Dead Space fan, or are looking for a solid light gun game it's a pretty good price for the game.

#13 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:51 AM

No, the Dead Space Extraction PS3 version will not required the PS Move. They mentioned this some time ago that you can use a standard controller. But overall, its a good price on the Wii version.

It probably won't play as good with the DS3 since it's an on rails shooter, but it's nice knowing we can play it if we don't have move.

#14 crzyjoeguy

crzyjoeguy

King of Beers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:22 AM

oh what the hell. $12 for a discontinued game that i liked quite a bit. ill pick it up again. thanks op
Posted Image

#15 wolve

wolve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:30 AM

Price is down to $12.36. Looks like price war among marketplace sellers... lulz. ;)

#16 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:57 AM

Only the Limited/Collector's Edition ($20 more) will have the port included, so not all versions.

Edited by Dranakin, 05 November 2010 - 06:39 AM.