Avatar 3-Disc Extended Special Edition Blu-ray SteelBook

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
This deserve their own thread for Avatar Special Edition on Blu-ray IronPak, Metalpak or SteelBook. I know other countries are releasing this, hopefully USA & Canada will get this treatment.

So far we have Japan version with picture, price & date but shipping kills the deal.

Japan - Extended Blu-ray Collector's Edition

Price: $67.81 (¥ 5,631)
Shipping: $24.09 (¥ 2,000)
Total: $91.91 (¥ 7,631)
Release Date: November 25, 2010
Link: Amazon.co.jp

51E5gV5sbkL.jpg

61YkOh8OGdL..jpg

518dOJ0PX9L.jpg

51sJ0rUxzrL.jpg

51HKKTxRO3L.jpg

510qq0SeVUL.jpg

91$? really? i don't see how anyone with any kind of priorities or common sense would spend 91$ on a steelbook.

[quote name='styl3s']91$? really? i don't see how anyone with any kind of priorities or common sense would spend 91$ on a steelbook.[/QUOTE]

I agree. These are just aluminum cases. People spent a lot of money on things like the ultimate matrix or alien sets in the last decade. Those special DVD sets had special cases and cheap plastic toys in them. Now they are about worthless since BD is out. Anyone spending extra money on a stupid aluminum case or plastic toy either has more money than common sense or they don't learn from history (and in this case, recent history where they got burned).

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']

So far we have Japan version with picture, price & date but shipping kills the deal.

Japan - Extended Blu-ray Collector's Edition

Price: $67.81 (¥ 5,631)
Shipping: $24.09 (¥ 2,000)
Total: $91.91 (¥ 7,631)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, SURE, its the SHIPPING that kills the "DEAL"

LMAO. theres nothing wrong with the $68 pricetag? !! HAHAHA.

this shit doesnt even BELONG in this forum, probably not even this site.
perhaps you should repost elsewhere... oh like lets say a collectors forum. or maybe a high def forum? maybe even a blu-ray.com forum? i mean, what drug were you on when you felt that a cheap ass DEAL forum was a good place to post a $92 movie, shitty aluminum case or no? cause damn, i want whatever stuff youre on.

[quote name='postulio']Yeah, SURE, its the SHIPPING that kills the "DEAL"

LMAO. theres nothing wrong with the $68 pricetag? !! HAHAHA.

this shit doesnt even BELONG in this forum, probably not even this site.
perhaps you should repost elsewhere... oh like lets say a collectors forum. or maybe a high def forum? maybe even a blu-ray.com forum? i mean, what drug were you on when you felt that a cheap ass DEAL forum was a good place to post a $92 movie, shitty aluminum case or no? cause damn, i want whatever stuff youre on.[/QUOTE]

so much anger!

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I am still pissed off that they are reselling this .[/QUOTE]

What do you expect!? It's fucking James Cameron. They re-released the movie IN THEATERS! I don't even remember the last time that happened. Of course they'll double dip on the Blu-Ray. Next Christmas, they'll triple-dip. Mark my words.

Honestly, there were so many better movies released this year. While the movie was good, it wasn't great, and it pandered to so many cliched movie stereotypes it wasn't even funny. Also, "unobtainium".

[quote name='Cmosfm']What do you expect!? It's fucking James Cameron. They re-released the movie IN THEATERS! I don't even remember the last time that happened. Of course they'll double dip on the Blu-Ray. Next Christmas, they'll triple-dip. Mark my words.

Honestly, there were so many better movies released this year. While the movie was good, it wasn't great, and it pandered to so many cliched movie stereotypes it wasn't even funny. Also, "unobtainium".[/QUOTE]

Not even Christmas. I believe that February or April is getting the 3D version, which you can bet will be loaded with exclusive features. It'll have another release.

I understand the frustration of double dipping, but the first week it was released, wasn't the Blu Ray like $15 at Target anyways? It was a way to get the film out quick for people who wanted to enjoy it in their homes a few months after the theatrical release, and besides... It's better than waiting 11 months to own a copy at all...

What do you expect!? It's ing James Cameron. They re-released the movie IN THEATERS! I don't even remember the last time that happened. Of course they'll double dip on the Blu-Ray. Next Christmas, they'll triple-dip. Mark my words.

Honestly, there were so many better movies released this year. While the movie was good, it wasn't great, and it pandered to so many cliched movie stereotypes it wasn't even funny. Also, "unobtainium".

This is something that always gets me, as well. A little off topic, but why do people bitch so much about "Unobtanium"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unobtainium

Not only is it an actual term, but it's also better than "Pandora's crystallized jizz" or "Pandiamonds". It was a technically superb film that took well into a decade to finally get it from script to screen, and can you tell me one other horrible big budget James Cameron film? Aliens? Terminator or Terminator 2? Titanic? Even True Lies is fun. Meh, guess some people can't be satisfied.

That steelbook cover is the same design as the normal extended release cover:

51pa%2BdQfl9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Overpriced and lazy...

Also: I didn't realize the extended cut was only about 16 minutes of added in-movie footage. I was thinking an hour for some reason. This whole fiasco is ridiculous. I'll just buy the regular barebones blu/DVD on black friday for

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']...
[/QUOTE]
lol. Even with free shipping, the price would kill the deal (what deal?) for me.

[quote name='styl3s']91$? really? i don't see how anyone with any kind of priorities or common sense would spend 91$ on a steelbook.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='typical guy']I agree. These are just aluminum cases. People spent a lot of money on things like the ultimate matrix or alien sets in the last decade. Those special DVD sets had special cases and cheap plastic toys in them. Now they are about worthless since BD is out. Anyone spending extra money on a stupid aluminum case or plastic toy either has more money than common sense or they don't learn from history (and in this case, recent history where they got burned).[/QUOTE]
People probably argue the same about one of your hobbies of choice: playing video games. :joystick::shock:

[quote name='Vader582']People probably argue the same about one of your hobbies of choice: playing video games. :joystick::shock:[/QUOTE]
huge difference in paying X-60$ for a video game and 90+ for a fucking case

as for the 200$+ rambo steelbook comment posted earlier that is just sad

[quote name='styl3s']huge difference in paying X-60$ for a video game and 90+ for a fucking case

as for the 200$+ rambo steelbook comment posted earlier that is just sad[/QUOTE]

I think he was implying that you may spend extra cash for a collectible of a favorite game of yours -- even though it's useless shit.

Some people like having those cases on their shelves.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I think he was implying that you may spend extra cash for a collectible of a favorite game of yours -- even though it's useless shit.

Some people like having those cases on their shelves.[/QUOTE]
Did i say i buy collectibles of a favorite game of mine? i never buy collectors editions, limited editions or super duper editions, if i do i buy it used online or on craigslist for less then what the standard retail edition cost and if i don't own the game.

i will never spend more then 60$ on a video game and i rarely spend 60$, he can imply whatever he wants but to me spending 100$ on a case is retarded and to me means you either don't have your priorities straight or have too much money, same for people who spend 150+ on a video game like the halo 3 legendary but im not going to judge anyone who does it i just find it a waste

i would rather spend that money on bills, food, gas, put it in my savings or buy other things, i collect blu-rays and movies like most here but im not gonna spend that much money i think it's outrageous and ridiculous but to each to own i guess, some say spending 50-60$ on a video game is ridiculous or spending 5$ a day on something that kills you faster is ridiculous (smokes) so ill end this long pointless rant of mine and end it on one note, everything we buy that isn't a necessity is a waste if you really think about it but i still will never spend that much on a case just like how i wont spend 300$ on a phone or mp3 player or hundreds for a pair of shoes. :bouncy:

[quote name='styl3s']Did i say i buy collectibles of a favorite game of mine? i never buy collectors editions, limited editions or super duper editions, if i do i buy it used online or on craigslist for less then what the standard retail edition cost and if i don't own the game.

i will never spend more then 60$ on a video game and i rarely spend 60$, he can imply whatever he wants but to me spending 100$ on a case is retarded and to me means you either don't have your priorities straight or have too much money, same for people who spend 150+ on a video game like the halo 3 legendary but im not going to judge anyone who does it i just find it a waste

i would rather spend that money on bills, food, gas, put it in my savings or buy other things, i collect blu-rays and movies like most here but im not gonna spend that much money i think it's outrageous and ridiculous but to each to own i guess, some say spending 50-60$ on a video game is ridiculous or spending 5$ a day on something that kills you faster is ridiculous (smokes) so ill end this long pointless rant of mine and end it on one note, everything we buy that isn't a necessity is a waste if you really think about it but i still will never spend that much on a case just like how i wont spend 300$ on a phone or mp3 player or hundreds for a pair of shoes. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I wasn't implying anything besides that other people DO infact like these enough to spend more cash than you (or I for that matter) am willing to spend on them

[quote name='styl3s']Did i say i buy collectibles of a favorite game of mine? i never buy collectors editions, limited editions or super duper editions, if i do i buy it used online or on craigslist for less then what the standard retail edition cost and if i don't own the game.

i would rather spend that money on bills, food, gas, put it in my savings or buy other things, i collect blu-rays and movies like most here but im not gonna spend that much money i think it's outrageous and ridiculous but to each to own i guess, some say spending 50-60$ on a video game is ridiculous or spending 5$ a day on something that kills you faster is ridiculous (smokes) so ill end this long pointless rant of mine and end it on one note, everything we buy that isn't a necessity is a waste if you really think about it but i still will never spend that much on a case just like how i wont spend 300$ on a phone or mp3 player or hundreds for a pair of shoes. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

You kind of just made the point that all "unnecessary" things are a waste of money. That leads a person to wonder why you brought this up at all if you're going to sweep over it with that arguably true generalization. It seems like someone disagreeing with you should have made that point, not you lol.

If they get more enjoyment out of a more expensive purchase than you would, that makes them different -- not retarded. And contradicting yourself in the same sentence is very impressive.

And yes, everything that isn't food or shelter is technically a waste of money. That's a very boring way to go about life though.

[quote name='styl3s']huge difference in paying X-60$ for a video game and 90+ for a fucking case

as for the 200$+ rambo steelbook comment posted earlier that is just sad[/QUOTE]
It's not a "huge difference" to someone who doesn't play video games.
They'll think both are a waste of money. How ever you try to rationalize what you like, there's always someone who thinks it's stupid/a waste/etc.
Just sayin'...
Perspective: It's sorely lacking these days.

since my original post was deleted, I'll summarize:

this isn't a deal, its a stupid price and doesn't belong in this forum. perhaps a steebook collectors forum, or an a/v forum, definitely not in a forum dedicated to finding the most cost effective way to buy movies. this stupid case is equivalent to like 10 BDs in November.

i don't care who buys or collects these, we all have our vices (i spent 80$ on a soundtrack once; and regularly pay 50-100$ for art books), but the bottom line is, this doesn't belong here. Full price is not a deal, nor is it being Cheap Ass (in case someone forgot the website they're on).

[quote name='postulio']since my original post was deleted, I'll summarize:

this isn't a deal, its a stupid price and doesn't belong in this forum. perhaps a steebook collectors forum, or an a/v forum, definitely not in a forum dedicated to finding the most cost effective way to buy movies. this stupid case is equivalent to like 10 BDs in November.

i don't care who buys or collects these, we all have our vices (i spent 80$ on a soundtrack once; and regularly pay 50-100$ for art books), but the bottom line is, this doesn't belong here. Full price is not a deal, nor is it being Cheap Ass (in case someone forgot the website they're on).[/QUOTE]You do seem to care, since you keep harping on the point that you don't think it needs to be here.

As you have your higher-cost vices, steelbooks are the higher cost vices for other people.

You can just leave it be and move along.

You guys are basing $91 on exchanging rates? Stupid/Flawed thinking. Well guess what? Most imports are this way! You can't go by exchange rate on product prices. It doesn't work like that! As you already said, there is NO US version so if released in US it's definitely no where near $90!!! Plus, chunk of that $90 is from very expensive shipping on top....

[quote name='Vader582']It's not a "huge difference" to someone who doesn't play video games.
They'll think both are a waste of money. How ever you try to rationalize what you like, there's always someone who thinks it's stupid/a waste/etc.
Just sayin'...
Perspective: It's sorely lacking these days.[/QUOTE]

My favorite argument for that is asking them how many times they'll watch an average movie they bought in a year. Most people say 5 ish. Assume the movie's 2 hours. That's 10 hours for their money. Then I hold up one of my many RPGs. Yeah, 100+ hours. Makes a lot (not all) games look like an awesome value! (especially if you're not a tard who just pays retail).

[quote name='Vulgarism']I understand the frustration of double dipping, but the first week it was released, wasn't the Blu Ray like $15 at Target anyways? It was a way to get the film out quick for people who wanted to enjoy it in their homes a few months after the theatrical release, and besides... It's better than waiting 11 months to own a copy at all...

This is something that always gets me, as well. A little off topic, but why do people bitch so much about "Unobtanium"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unobtainium

Not only is it an actual term, but it's also better than "Pandora's crystallized jizz" or "Pandiamonds". It was a technically superb film that took well into a decade to finally get it from script to screen, and can you tell me one other horrible big budget James Cameron film? Aliens? Terminator or Terminator 2? Titanic? Even True Lies is fun. Meh, guess some people can't be satisfied.[/QUOTE]

+1. Couldn't agree more. I make my Cameron-hating friend say "James Cameron makes badass movies PERIOD" cause the sh!t is true :)

[quote name='Cmosfm']What do you expect!? It's fucking James Cameron. They re-released the movie IN THEATERS! I don't even remember the last time that happened. Of course they'll double dip on the Blu-Ray. Next Christmas, they'll triple-dip. Mark my words.

Honestly, there were so many better movies released this year. While the movie was good, it wasn't great, and it pandered to so many cliched movie stereotypes it wasn't even funny. Also, "unobtainium".[/QUOTE]

Ummm...They announced from the very beginning that there would be three versions.
1. Theatrical cut with nothing else on the disc to ensure the best possible audio/video
2. The Extras verstion in november
3. A 3d version "later".

It hardly the same thing as normal double/triple dipping if they are upfront from the beginning and tell people ahead of time their release plans.

If you felt burned for buying two versions thats your fault. Anyways each version has its own advantages, so its not like any one version is now worthless.

[quote name='Zaku77']My favorite argument for that is asking them how many times they'll watch an average movie they bought in a year. Most people say 5 ish. Assume the movie's 2 hours. That's 10 hours for their money. Then I hold up one of my many RPGs. Yeah, 100+ hours. Makes a lot (not all) games look like an awesome value! (especially if you're not a tard who just pays retail).[/QUOTE]

People who aren't children will watch the same movie 5 times in a year?

[quote name='Mixer236']People who aren't children will watch the same movie 5 times in a year?[/QUOTE]
All the time. :D
Is there anything you do that we can criticize? I'm guessing not...

I don't remember the last time I re-watched a movie, I guess I just assume most people are like me and watch a movie once and then never watch it again unless it's over-the-top balls-to-the-wall fantastic. I guess with the advent of Netflix, the thought of watching a movie twice is ridiculous, which is why I own only 4 movies:

Purple Rain
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
Scarface
Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo

[quote name='Cmosfm']I don't remember the last time I re-watched a movie, I guess I just assume most people are like me and watch a movie once and then never watch it again unless it's over-the-top balls-to-the-wall fantastic. I guess with the advent of Netflix, the thought of watching a movie twice is ridiculous, which is why I own only 4 movies:

Purple Rain
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
Scarface
Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo[/QUOTE]

amazing collection

Incredipinoy, they've got the same Korean version selling at Yesasia for cheaper at $46.99 with free international shipping.

But the DVDs I've ordered from them in the past have been packed in bubble mailers so I don't know if they'll be as careless with steelbooks.

[quote name='Mixer236']People who aren't children will watch the same movie 5 times in a year?[/QUOTE]
I could say the same thing about people who aren't children playing video games but that would be an ignorant statement as well.

People who love films, well.. most at least watch films multiple times, for instance i have seen the original dawn of the dead atleast 50 times in my life, i have seen the shield complete series, every season at least 5-6 times each over the past couple of years, every dvd/blu-ray i own i have atleast seen them 5-6 times each, i buy stuff i love.

why buy dvd/blu-rays if you are only going to watch them once a year? get netflix if that is the case, why are you in the dvd/br section if you think only children watch films more than once a year you obviously are too cool not to and should be renting instead of buying because whats the point?

bread's done
Back