Lone_Prodigy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Door Crasher: Oct. 8-10 ONLY

360 Arcade (NOT Slim) $99.99
360 Controller $39.99

Rest of the deals:

GTA4, Splinter Cell Conviction, Assassin's Creed 2 $19.99 each (PS3/360)
Kane & Lynch 2, FFXIII, Trauma Team, Bioshock 2, 3D Dot Game Heroes $29.99 each
Madden 11, NHL 11 $59.99 each
RDR with Legends and Killers DLC $59.99
800 Reward Zone points for pre-orders (Fallout, SW Force Unleashed 2, Fable III)

Wii with Speed $209.99
DSi XL with Picross 3D $169.99
PS3 Greatest Hits 2 for $40
CoD MW2, Transformers WfC, God of War III $39.99 each

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SuperbadPinoy']Eh? Please elaborate[/QUOTE]

Don't you think if he could have elaborated he would have?

edit: upon further review, it looks like the 'free' item w/ RDR is a voucher for the 'Legends and Killers' DLC, and the other game for $29.99 is 3D Dot Game Heroes.

edit2: just stumbled across the scan on RFD, and noticed directly below Lone's post is QQQ with the correct info as well, just wanted to clarify I didn't take that information and post it as my own, I was able to figure it out for myself :D

Last edited by a moderator:
i think i'm going to grab Transformers and GoW3. My $20 in reward zone points will help out as well. I doubt we'll ever see GoW3 cheaper than $40 until it becomes a greatest hit title

[quote name='kyle071785']i think i'm going to grab Transformers and GoW3. My $20 in reward zone points will help out as well. I doubt we'll ever see GoW3 cheaper than $40 until it becomes a greatest hit title[/QUOTE]

When FS had GoW3 and Uncharted 2 on sale for $60 together, I PM'ed it at Best Buy for $56... sweet deal. I have seen GoW3 for 29.99 before as well, though it was rare.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Don't you think if he could have elaborated he would have?

edit: upon further review, it looks like the 'free' item w/ RDR is a voucher for the 'Legends and Killers' DLC, and the other game for $29.99 is 3D Dot Game Heroes.

edit2: just stumbled across the scan on RFD, and noticed directly below Lone's post is QQQ with the correct info as well, just wanted to clarify I didn't take that information and post it as my own, I was able to figure it out for myself :D[/QUOTE]

Ah my mistake. What I meant about the elaboration is that I wasn't sure what he meant by the "one I can't tell" part.

I guess the "with something free" part was just curiosity speaking for itself. Haha my bad.

Thanks for all the info though, from you and the OP. Much appreciated :D

Pretty lame 360 controller "door crasher"

if this was a preorder for the new D-pad controller then sure... whatever BB. some birthday party you're having!!!

Does the 2 for $40 Greatest Hits only apply to certain titles or all GHs? I'm wondering if it applies to the newly announced Greatest Hits...

[quote name='sharkie88']Does the 2 for $40 Greatest Hits only apply to certain titles or all GHs? I'm wondering if it applies to the newly announced Greatest Hits...[/QUOTE]

shows MAG, Rachet: A Crack in Time, Uncharted, Killzone 2, LBP, GT5:p, GOW collection and inFamous.

If people are worried about red cases.. the Crack in Time I got from amazon.ca is the original case/art, but with a red sticker across the top *outside* the cellowrap saying "greatest hits". Never saw anything like that before.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']
RDR with Legends and Killers DLC $59.99
[/QUOTE]

I really want to pick RDR up. But I think i'll wait until Rockstar package all the DLC together.

[quote name='TripleQ']If people are worried about red cases.. the Crack in Time I got from amazon.ca is the original case/art, but with a red sticker across the top *outside* the cellowrap saying "greatest hits". Never saw anything like that before.[/QUOTE]
I've seen that at Walmart when a game first becomes a GH. They just put a sticker on the outside on all the old stock until they get the red cased new stock.

It's not stated, but I'm guessing the 29.99 Games are both PS3 and 360?
Seems like a great price point to finally pick up FFXIII for PS3

[quote name='TripleQ']If people are worried about red cases.. the Crack in Time I got from amazon.ca is the original case/art, but with a red sticker across the top *outside* the cellowrap saying "greatest hits". Never saw anything like that before.[/QUOTE]

Back in the day the PSP Greatest Hits games were repackaged black labels with the red GH label cellophaned on the outside. I guess Sony is getting more creative with stickers ^_^

Eh, red stickers over black label games isn't really anything new. Sony did that with PS2 games for as long as I can remember the system was in circulation and I still see copies of Shadows of the Colossus with either a red sticker on it or rewrapped with a second insert that has the red label at HMVs/Walmarts/etc.

Wow, I take it that Arcade at $100 is a YMMV thing? It's not even on their website anymore :p With a dead, out-of-warranty ex-box on my desktop, I'm very tempted to blow a tank of gas on this.

I got this on LittleBigPlanet PSP. I was pretty surprised.

a little side question about BB...

anyone not have their reward zone points properly paid out at the 36 day mark as they should? I have around $15 sitting in limbo waiting to be paid out and its currently been 44 days since I made the purchase. I contacted the BB Reward Zone people 2 days ago and still nothing (which is typical as they say you'll get an answer in 24 hours). Just a little aggravating as I wanted to pick up a few things today and looks like I'll have to wait on them for a while more

[quote name='kyle071785']a little side question about BB...

anyone not have their reward zone points properly paid out at the 36 day mark as they should? I have around $15 sitting in limbo waiting to be paid out and its currently been 44 days since I made the purchase. I contacted the BB Reward Zone people 2 days ago and still nothing (which is typical as they say you'll get an answer in 24 hours). Just a little aggravating as I wanted to pick up a few things today and looks like I'll have to wait on them for a while more[/QUOTE]

I've been having issues with the points even getting added to my account recently. I emailed them about my points for Halo Reach and the 800 bonus points for having preordered, and all they asked for was the number off the purchase receipt and they added the points. Somewhere along the line they screwed up though, as the points got added under 'Goodwill', and then the actual purchase showed up with the points as well. Bonus for me.

But, I've picked up a couple of movies and things and none of the points for those have showed up either. I'll probably end up trying to 'Get Missing Points' on the site, or emailing them again. Seems rather stupid to use the card, and then have to manually do everything anyway. They must be updating their system or something again :S.

stickers also happened with gamecube games, lucky me im not picky since i dont trade or sell my games unless its a second copy. damn sweet price for an arcade if i hadnt already convinced the wife to let me upgrade to a slim in a few months id be jumping all over that since my disc drive is getting louder every week just get a buddy who lives in canada to ship it for me. lucky canadians getting a sweet deal

According to the website they've got the new Alice in Wonderland on DVD for $6.99 as well. Pretty darn cheap considering it's only a few months old.

Just to point this out but the GTA is not GTA4, but is GTA: Episodes from Liberty City. According to the BB site GTA4 is $19.99 regular price.

I didn't plan on getting Castlevania Lord of Shadows, at least not until it hit $20. It's a 3D Castlevania game from Western developers, I had a lot of doubt. When Konami attached Kojima Productions to the title, it got me mildly interested. Now that I've waited for the reviews, I still wasn't completely sold, at least until a sale.

Anyways, I was at EB today and saw that Splinter Cell Conviction is a Most Wanted for $30 TIV. I went across the street to Best Buy, picked up Conviction for $20 and then used it for a Power Trade towards Castlevania Lord of Shadows. I hate how EB charges $64.99 for Castlevania when it's $59.99 elsewhere. But I spent $40 for Castlevania so it's pretty decent for a new game with some good reviews. The Power Trade ends on Sunday, but there are other Power Trades like Vanquish, DJ Hero 2, Sims 3, WWE 2011, Forced Unleashed 2. NBA2K11 and NBA Jam Wii are also Power Trades that ends on 10/10.

[quote name='Mr.']I didn't plan on getting Castlevania Lord of Shadows, at least not until it hit $20. It's a 3D Castlevania game from Western developers, I had a lot of doubt. When Konami attached Kojima Productions to the title, it got me mildly interested. Now that I've waited for the reviews, I still wasn't completely sold, at least until a sale.

Anyways, I was at EB today and saw that Splinter Cell Conviction is a Most Wanted for $30 TIV. I went across the street to Best Buy, picked up Conviction for $20 and then used it for a Power Trade towards Castlevania Lord of Shadows. I hate how EB charges $64.99 for Castlevania when it's $59.99 elsewhere. But I spent $40 for Castlevania so it's pretty decent for a new game with some good reviews. The Power Trade ends on Sunday, but there are other Power Trades like Vanquish, DJ Hero 2, Sims 3, WWE 2011, Forced Unleashed 2. NBA2K11 and NBA Jam Wii are also Power Trades that ends on 10/10.[/QUOTE]hmm I wish they would put Fallout New Vegas on the power trade list especially since EB feels the need to charge an extra $5 dollars on it

Can I use a power trade to preorder a game? Say I want to power trade Modern Warfare 2 (~$20) for Force Unleashed 2 tomorrow. Is that possible or does the game have to be released? Thanks in advance.

Long answer: Power trades bonuses can go towards any title on the list as a preorder (when they get on the Power trade list) and up to a week after they're released (or whatever time period).

Short answer: Yes (since it's on the list)

[quote name='poiuiu']Long answer: Power trades bonuses can go towards any title on the list as a preorder (when they get on the Power trade list) and up to a week after they're released (or whatever time period).

Short answer: Yes (since it's on the list)[/QUOTE]Just to clarify, but if i used a game on the most wanted list for a power trade i would get the improved TIV and the extra 50%? So if i used Splinter cell i would get $45 off?

Answer:
[quote name='Mr.']
Anyways, I was at EB today and saw that Splinter Cell Conviction is a Most Wanted for $30 TIV. I went across the street to Best Buy, picked up Conviction for $20 and then used it for a Power Trade towards Castlevania Lord of Shadows. I hate how EB charges $64.99 for Castlevania when it's $59.99 elsewhere. But I spent $40 for Castlevania so it's pretty decent for a new game with some good reviews.[/QUOTE]

(there is only one TIV for each game; "Most Wanted"s are just pointing out hot recently released titles they want other people to trade in)

Anyways, 30 TIV + 50% = 45 TIV
Cost of CV 65 - 45 PTIV = 20$
. . 20 (+tax for cost for Splinter Cell)
+ 20 (the difference needed for CV new)
= 40$ (actual dollars spent)

That clear as dirt?

Or:
51dFvlzg%2BKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

bread's done
Back