Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Anniversary flyer Oct. 8-14

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Renderthal

Renderthal

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:05 PM

I didn't plan on getting Castlevania Lord of Shadows, at least not until it hit $20. It's a 3D Castlevania game from Western developers, I had a lot of doubt. When Konami attached Kojima Productions to the title, it got me mildly interested. Now that I've waited for the reviews, I still wasn't completely sold, at least until a sale.

Anyways, I was at EB today and saw that Splinter Cell Conviction is a Most Wanted for $30 TIV. I went across the street to Best Buy, picked up Conviction for $20 and then used it for a Power Trade towards Castlevania Lord of Shadows. I hate how EB charges $64.99 for Castlevania when it's $59.99 elsewhere. But I spent $40 for Castlevania so it's pretty decent for a new game with some good reviews. The Power Trade ends on Sunday, but there are other Power Trades like Vanquish, DJ Hero 2, Sims 3, WWE 2011, Forced Unleashed 2. NBA2K11 and NBA Jam Wii are also Power Trades that ends on 10/10.

hmm I wish they would put Fallout New Vegas on the power trade list especially since EB feels the need to charge an extra $5 dollars on it

#32 Hyunkel

Hyunkel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:05 AM

Can I use a power trade to preorder a game? Say I want to power trade Modern Warfare 2 (~$20) for Force Unleashed 2 tomorrow. Is that possible or does the game have to be released? Thanks in advance.

#33 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:15 AM

Long answer: Power trades bonuses can go towards any title on the list as a preorder (when they get on the Power trade list) and up to a week after they're released (or whatever time period).

Short answer: Yes (since it's on the list)

#34 Renderthal

Renderthal

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:44 AM

Long answer: Power trades bonuses can go towards any title on the list as a preorder (when they get on the Power trade list) and up to a week after they're released (or whatever time period).

Short answer: Yes (since it's on the list)

Just to clarify, but if i used a game on the most wanted list for a power trade i would get the improved TIV and the extra 50%? So if i used Splinter cell i would get $45 off?

#35 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:57 AM

Answer:

Anyways, I was at EB today and saw that Splinter Cell Conviction is a Most Wanted for $30 TIV. I went across the street to Best Buy, picked up Conviction for $20 and then used it for a Power Trade towards Castlevania Lord of Shadows. I hate how EB charges $64.99 for Castlevania when it's $59.99 elsewhere. But I spent $40 for Castlevania so it's pretty decent for a new game with some good reviews.

(there is only one TIV for each game; "Most Wanted"s are just pointing out hot recently released titles they want other people to trade in)

Anyways, 30 TIV + 50% = 45 TIV
Cost of CV 65 - 45 PTIV = 20$
. . 20 (+tax for cost for Splinter Cell)
+ 20 (the difference needed for CV new)
= 40$ (actual dollars spent)

That clear as dirt?

Or:
Posted Image

#36 Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:00 PM

Thanks, I picked up GTA: Episodes from Liberty City for $20 that was my price point I wanted.
Posted Image

#37 Afrodiziak

Afrodiziak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:57 PM

Picked up Splinter Cell yesterday. Also grabbed a copy of Saints Row 2 for $10