Apple TV

[quote name='Husky Pale Guy']they don't cost 99 (game consoles)[/quote]
No shit, they aren't solely media extenders. Try comparing the DMA2100 or a Slingbox or a product that at least targets the same market.

[quote name='Chunky White Fellow']you have to take the content and duplicate it and put it on those systems[/quote]
how 2 am i do media server?

[quote name='Large Caucasian Male']they give you all kinds of stuff to play around with (referring to a/v settings) [/quote]
holy shit theres like 8 settings jesus chrisssssssttttttttt the ability to repeat music!?! UNSANE.

Other shit:
No component.
No RCA.
No S-Video.
Hope you have a few adapters laying around since this thing doesn't have any of this stuff built in. No mention of this in the "review".

Comparatively, the DMA2100 has all of those things in addition to HDMI. Its the same price.

Your "review" was terrible. You discuss the features clearly oblivious to the other offerings on the market neither praising nor condemning the Apple TV as you highlight features. If this was pitched as an overview of things all media extenders do then we'd have something. There's nothing in the video that makes this a review, unless you want to count those last couple of sentences on the end. "All in all, I think this device is the bee's knees." Wonderful, just wonderful.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rodeojones903']My Roku does tons more. Ill just stick with that for now.[/QUOTE]

QFT
I love my Roku. And the for less money, you get a device that does more.

Although the future of these stand alone boxes doesn't look all that promising. More and more tv's are now internet connectable offering the same services. I wouldn't doubt that within a couple of years you'll be able to buy a tv that will stream media straight from your pc.

My deepest apologies, I didn't intend to invoke or trigger a hasty fanboy response.

My posting of the video I made was only intended to inform anyone considering the new device.

Clearly I created some angst there. Oops.

I don't get quoted to often, that was cute.

trying to think of ways you might have avoided stoking the fanboy flames. I think this would have been better in the blogs with a more informative title than just "Apple TV"

bread's done
Back