Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/17/10 to 10/23/10)

• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#61 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:51 AM

Though I know that you would like to do things by the book, unfortunately ads leak out all the time, so the best thing you could, and should do, is adapt.

I just don't think you should outlaw other people from posting deals that aren't listed in your thread, especially if they are willing participants to help you out.

Can't think of an actual solution to this problem, but the resolution definitely is not to restrict people from trying to help out in the community, especially when they do have something to show us that we are not aware of.

I hate to flip flop, but in this case, I would say not to merge it with the Kmart thread then, since it seems that Josh's hands are tied from his own corporate stand point, and CAG do like to know ahead of time about certain ads, that way they can effectively plan their purchases around those ads.

If you find more ads in the future like this, as long as you check it's not in the Kmart thread already, definitely post them up for the CAG community to see.

Not trying to blame Josh, but this is how it has to be apparently.

It's just the right thing to do.

My defense of the main thread is FOR CAG's. Not many retailers are given approval to provide advanced notice of ads like I have been doing so I am sure you can imagine how difficult it has been to get this to happen. Just asking for a little help on this one.

Ad deals will be posted in enough time for everyone. Just my two cents, I obviously do not own the site or have any way to restrict this from happening.

Edited by SHC-Gamer, 11 October 2010 - 02:11 AM.

#62 imanerd0011

imanerd0011

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:06 AM

The $20 off deal that comes with Kirby, do you have to buy the other game (Metroid Other M, NSMB, Sin & Punishment) at the same exact time, or do they give you a coupon to use on those games in the future? I'm wondering because if you have to buy it at the same time it isn't as good of a deal, as I won't be able to stack another coupon along with the $20 one from Kirby.

#63 akalboy

akalboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:24 AM

The $20 off deal that comes with Kirby, do you have to buy the other game (Metroid Other M, NSMB, Sin & Punishment) at the same exact time, or do they give you a coupon to use on those games in the future? I'm wondering because if you have to buy it at the same time it isn't as good of a deal, as I won't be able to stack another coupon along with the $20 one from Kirby.

The way the deals have worked is that you had to buy the two games in the same transactions. So yes, you won't be able to stack the $20 from Kirby, but you can stack any other coupons you have.

#64 imanerd0011

imanerd0011

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:35 AM

The way the deals have worked is that you had to buy the two games in the same transactions. So yes, you won't be able to stack the $20 from Kirby, but you can stack any other coupons you have.

Dang, well here is what I am going to do.

Buy Kirby Epic Yarn and use $15 coupon from Wii Party and $15 coupon from Fall Out Coasters. Pay $20 and receive $20 credit toward Metroid: Other M. Pay $30 for Metroid:Other M, so my total for these two is $50. This is still a great deal, but it is a step down from this past weeks deals. I was hoping that the $20 coupon from Kirby would be one that would last 6 weeks, so I could use it on Donkey Kong Country Returns.

#65 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:40 AM

Buy Kirby Epic Yarn and use $15 coupon from Wii Party and $15 coupon from Fall Out Coasters. Pay $20 and receive $20 credit toward Metroid: Other M. Pay $30 for Metroid:Other M, so my total for these two is $50. This is still a great deal, but it is a step down from this past weeks deals. I was hoping that the $20 coupon from Kirby would be one that would last 6 weeks, so I could use it on Donkey Kong Country Returns.

I'm about to post this ad in the main thread. There is more to the Kirby deal.

You can save $20 instantly on the titles listed in the post yes, but you will also receive a $20 coupon towards your next purchase. It's the same concept as the Halo Reach deal that we ran previously.

#66 imanerd0011

imanerd0011

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:41 AM

You can save $20 instantly on the titles listed in the post yes, but you will also receive a $20 coupon towards your next purchase. It's the same concept as the Halo Reach deal that we ran previously.

HOLY CRAP DUDE, YOU ARE THE MAN! That is the most epic (not pun intended) video game deal ever!!!

#67 akalboy

akalboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:42 AM

If you want the $20 off Metroid Prime: Other M, you should buy it in the same transaction as Kirby. You'll also receive a $20 coupon for a future purchase from Kirby. So it'd be buy Kirby and Metroid Prime ($100 total), and then save $20 from the promo, and then save another $30 from your coupons, a total of $50 for the two. Then you'd also receive a $20 coupon at the end.

#68 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:43 AM

HAHAHA beat Kmart themselves to the punch. I love ya Josh but wait till your BF ad is online before you are ready to release it. :P

I was hoping for some kind of Mario Kart Wii related tie in with either Kirby, Donkey Kong or Mickey or HINT! :D

#69 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:41 AM

$10 credit when you buy 4000 points? I see stores selling out next week. If there is ever even $3 off these things people jump for the moon :lol:

Wait, seriously? There was a $20 off special a few weeks back and they didn't sell out most places. $10 off the $20 cards was also offered during that same week. Nice that there's another deal, but definitely not as good as the last one.
-Michael

Posted Image

#70 imanerd0011

imanerd0011

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:10 AM

If you want the $20 off Metroid Prime: Other M, you should buy it in the same transaction as Kirby. You'll also receive a $20 coupon for a future purchase from Kirby. So it'd be buy Kirby and Metroid Prime ($100 total), and then save $20 from the promo, and then save another $30 from your coupons, a total of $50 for the two. Then you'd also receive a $20 coupon at the end.

Exactly! Talk about a freaking bargain! $50 for two of the newest high end Wii releases as well as a $20 coupon on a future purchase, which I hope to use on Donkey Kong Returns next month, or on Epic Mickey if it lasts that long.

Unreal!

#71 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:13 AM

Exactly! Talk about a freaking bargain! $50 for two of the newest high end Wii releases as well as a $20 coupon on a future purchase, which I hope to use on Donkey Kong Returns next month, or on Epic Mickey if it lasts that long.

Unreal!

Glad you like it :)

Posted these deals in the main thread.

#72 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:56 AM

Glad you like it :)

Posted these deals in the main thread.

You handle situations masterfully. If only my store's managers had your finesse.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#73 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:13 AM

You handle situations masterfully. If only my store's managers had your finesse.

haha I thought the same thing when I read his replies. Handled with class even though he was probably fairly ticked off by it. And isnt this thread redundant now? The deals are posted in the previously stickied thread.

Edit: Thanks for posting it anyway OP

#74 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:13 PM

Wow, the shit hit the fan pretty fast huh? Time to jump in the deep end.

What somebody said about Black Friday - it's great what Josh is doing but I've been coming here for a couple of years now for special and deal news in advance - I reckon I started coming here 2 yrs. ago for Black Friday deals (I may be a dick but I try not to be an asshole) - and I doubt even Josh can change everyone's behavior overnight. If we can't post Kmart news then it isn't fair to post their competitors ads and this site becomes a moot point as we all sit around Sun. mornings waiting for the newspaper. CAG=old west, Josh=new sheriff?

I for 1 am glad this thread got posted. I personally was hoping - before this thread got posted - that there would be a new thread every week to focus on the new deals. There were already over 100 pages in the last thread, I want to start at the beginning for each weeks ads to compare and contrast with other stores deals.

After coming here for 2 years I still don't know what you are talking about with the "stickied". (Some type of link back to last weeks thread but I don't see a link anywhere?)

I was looking forward to Kirby plus $20 coupon next week so I'm even more glad that info got posted and discussion got started on that topic as it seems to-good-to-be-true that I could buy Kirby for $50, another new good game for $30, and still get another $20 coupon. Longwinded B1G1 deal I suppose which requires a future game purchase.

PS - Oh come on, that "Josh gets pwned" tag was totally uncalled for (admittedly funny at first site but untrue upon further reflection). Give the guy a break and please don't bite the hand that feeds us. (Yes I'm aware CAG was here long before Josh and will likely be here long after he's gone but I see no reason to hasten his departure).

Edited by rjejr, 11 October 2010 - 01:21 PM.
update

#75 dax93

dax93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

thanks

#76 Altanis

Altanis

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:24 PM

You know, at first I was thinking this should be part of the KMart thread. Then I read that these deals weren't listed in that thread. Then I thought it was great for us to have this thread, because we have more time to decide, discuss, and actually have all of the deals for that week before that week starts.

Josh, unfortunately has not realized that ads get leaked no matter what. A company with 5 employees or 50,000 will have the same problem. It doesn't matter whether internally you were given the OK to release an ad. That doesn't matter to us. What matters to us is that we get the deals, and know about them early enough to plan properly.

That ends my soapbox moment.

#77 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:45 PM

Well, just as a point to SHC-Gamer... I'm glad that you are posting the deals, but I must say that Gamererik jumping the gun actually turned my business to K-Mart (even though it is actually <i>your</i> sale. I was all set to do the TRU B2G1 yesterday for Metroid and placeholder to get Kirby, but didn't make the trip because I'm going to K-Mart now (which in my opinion is a better deal--and less hassle--because I really want SW:TFU2 also, which is now a K-Mart purchase when it's released). If this deal was not posted when it was, I would have bought my games at TRU and then not wanted the hassle of returning them, even though K-mart is a better deal. Timing is everything. I can understand wanting to keep things under wraps when you're the leader, but in this case knowing the K-mart ad earlier turned out to be a great pre-emptive move against the TRU sale.

#78 beaus27

beaus27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:24 PM

I just want to make sure I got this right. Buy K.E.Y and then save $20 on one of the following; NSMW,M:oM or S&p plus get a $20 game coupon.
I am there!
... and broke

#79 asianhaircut

asianhaircut

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:02 AM

Does anyone knows about a new TRU coupon $5 off of $25?

#80 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:18 AM

Oh I wasn't talking about the guide. I was talking about the B2G1 Free thing.
http://home.bigcrumbs.com/nobody
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee
Current money earned from cashback: $88

#81 RoyalT7

RoyalT7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:31 AM

Elmo and Cookie games I'm sold. K-Mart is shaping up to be the place you buy games when they first come out and not GS.

#82 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:15 PM

man i was gonna wait to get FO: NV, but that kind of deal is hard to pass up...

SteamWidget.PNG

#83 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:02 PM

Didn't see it posted yet (sorry if it was)

:360: :ps3: :wii:
DJ Hero 2
Regular - 99.99
Party Bundle - 149.99

Both include a turntable stand/case exclusive to Best Buy (looks like the one that came with the Renegade edition) and Deadmous5 unlock code.

:360:
Halo Reach - 59.99 with 20 dollar giftcard

:wii:
Wii Fit Plus: 79.99
EA Sports Active: 39.99
Gold's Gym Dance Workout - 19.99
Just Dance 2 -39.99
Mini Wiimote/Nunchuck combo - 39.99 (5 dollars off)

PC
World of Warcraft boxset - 29.99

MSRP for Kirby and Fallout New Vegas - exclusive costume pack with New Vegas and I believe both are getting 500 points with Reward Zone but not sure.

#84 paean

paean

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:06 PM

Thanks!

Not very interesting.

#85 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:08 PM

I guess it's a second push for Halo Reach with a $20 GC for the purchase, and might only be for the standard edition.

#86 Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:09 PM

Bummer, I was hoping for some kind of deal with Fallout NV. The TRU deal is nice, but I was hoping to get the extra DLC as well.
Posted Image

#87 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:12 PM

Wonder how fast DJ Hero 2 will drop this time. $20 at TRU was pretty hilarious; ended up selling the set I got for a decent cut, too.

#88 iced1138

iced1138

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:15 PM

Does the boxset just have burning crusade and vanilla wow, or does it have lich king too?

#89 Duffz

Duffz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:20 PM

IS the WOW Boxset just a battlechest, or does it have all 3?

^someone beat me to it.

#90 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:21 PM

Does the boxset just have burning crusade and vanilla wow, or does it have lich king too?

No matter what, it's worth waiting on since a lot of retailers will undoubtedly have individuals for ~$5 during BF like last year.