Fallout: New Vegas, DJ Hero 2, Kirby's Epic Yarn $29 each at Nebraska Furniture Mart

MachineElf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
150 (100%)
Did a search and did not see this posted. Apologies if I am wrong.

Credit to Jayhawk85 on Slickdeals http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=777179&t=2302815

"Nebraska Furniture Mart is having a new release sale on a few games:

- Fallout: New Vegas, XBOX 360/PS3 (Available 10/19)
- DJ Hero 2, XBOX 360/PS3/Wii (Available 10/19)
- Kirby's Epic Yarn, Wii (Available 10/17)

All available for $29 each ON RELEASE DAY ONLY. Look at page 7/12 of the AD [nfm.com]"

I got in on the clearance sale NFM had a month or so ago scoring Bioshock 2 and Other M for $5 and $20 respectively (shipping was $7 EACH). I HIGHLY doubt this deal will ever appear on the website, so, shipping is likely out of the question for most of us.

So, the question is, who can we get to price match this deal!? Come on CAGs, get on it!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaoPi']I got excited until I read further....[/QUOTE]

Same here. I thought to myself "Now I remember why I come to this site late at night before I go to bed, for crazy deals like this."

Pity I don't live anywhere near Nebraska, or any state nearby that would have close proximity to the store.

[quote name='TheRobReport']Is there a big crime ring going on in Nebraska? lol how do they afford to sell them that cheap[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I keep seeing the name of this store mentioned ... how does it even make sense ... I mean ... is it a furniture store? But they sell games? What .. I don't even ... man ... Nebraska is soooo not California ... what the hell is going on over there ...

[quote name='etcrane']Seriously, I keep seeing the name of this store mentioned ... how does it even make sense ... I mean ... is it a furniture store? But they sell games? What .. I don't even ... man ... Nebraska is soooo not California ... what the hell is going on over there ...[/QUOTE]

nebraska furniture mart is huge, its got a huge electronics section, sells appliances, tvs, everything, even furniture(except the store in iowa, somehow it doesnt sell furniture). i think the one in kansas even has an apple store inside it and some new HP computer store. i live in missouri and i can usually get walmart to price match some of the less ridiculous deals, with some prodding anyway.

[quote name='TheRobReport']Is there a big crime ring going on in Nebraska? lol how do they afford to sell them that cheap[/QUOTE]
They're hoping people walk out with more than just a video game.

timelinemrsb.jpg

Mrs. B says:

"Sell cheap and tell the truth!"

Anyone willing to pick up Fallout: New Vegas for a fellow CAG? I would gladly pay for it plus extra for your troubles. Pwease? :)

Just did a price match at Best Buy for Kirby + used my $20 Reward Zone certificate, so I got the game for $10 :D Yay! (after the morons there spent a fucking half an hour looking for a copy of the game because as usual, Best Buy was retarded and didn't put it out on the shelves... only of course these guys were too stupid to find it in the back too - had to bring a THIRD guy in who found it in two seconds of looking in the back)

And yeah, NFM has insane deals. I don't know how they do it, but they are frequently cheaper than almost everyone else when it comes to new game/movie/cd sales (usually only by around $5-$10 but still). This though was one of the best deals I've seen them do in awhile - possibly because it's only one day, who knows.

To be fair on the naming thing, their electronics section is specifically called "Mega Mart"... but the whole store is Nebraska Furnature Mart, which was of course *originally* all furnature.

Edit:
[quote name='Blade3D']Jeez that place is like a mall[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for the Kansas City location as I haven't been there, but the Nebraska location is about the size of one of your larger Best Buys, maybe slightly bigger (that is, the "Mega Mart" portion is, which is attached to NFM which itself is quite large). The entire thing (NFM + Mega Mart) probably is about the size of a big shopping mall, though it's not laid out that way of course. There is also "Mrs. B's" across the street which is technically *also* part of the whole thing (even though it's a seperate building), which is basically where they sell all their used furnature at crazy low prices.

Also, there is a Burger King inside Mega Mart :)

Last edited by a moderator:
just before people ask this chain "nebraska furniture mart" has just 3 locations.

One in Nebraska, Idaho, and Kansas each.

Not sure if it will be online... Kirby was also mentioned in the flyer, and that's available now, but nothing comes up in a search on their website, hell it doesn't look like they have ANY wii games on there, just systems and accessories.

Isn't that the company that the Oracle of Omaha bought and turned into Berkshire Hathaway? :)

EDIT: I was only half kidding, but I was right (sort of, its a holding of Berkshire)! I thought I heard that name before. It can't be a bad company if Warren Buffet's people run it. Can it?

While your there grab that texas chainsaw massacre 2 and jeepers creepers dvds for 5 buck for both and youll have some entertaining movies to watch for halloween as well. Thats a good deal in itself.

[quote name='TheBomb69']I can only find DJ Hero 2 for $59 on the website. Can't find Fallout or Kirby's.[/QUOTE]

That's because we got got. I won't ever trust anyone from Nebraska again.

This is a small chain (huge stores though). I live 10 mins from the store in Kansas City. Only online ordering I've done is for in-store pickup. But I get most of my video games there and my whole house is furnished from them.

Assuming they have the deal online, they probably won't have it on the website until Tuesday. You may be able to call in the order as well... sometimes they are slow updating their site.

I got the Kirby deal and will be going back Tues. for Fallout. The Kansas store is 420,000 square feet of awesome. Anything you need to furnish your home or apartment is there. Furniture, appliances, TVs, computers, and of course video games.

http://www.nfm.com/Store_kansascity.aspx

[quote name='big_erk']I got the Kirby deal and will be going back Tues. for Fallout. The Kansas store is 420,000 square feet of awesome. Anything you need to furnish your home or apartment is there. Furniture, appliances, TVs, computers, and of course video games.

http://www.nfm.com/Store_kansascity.aspx[/QUOTE]

After all that shopping,you're going to be hungry! - Quiznos

I checked online but no preorder option. I'm getting it for $50 shipped from Gamestop(during their 25% off deal in July). Would hate to cancel order and not be able to get it from this site.

I was looking at the sunday sales for 10/18 and spotted Fallout New Vegas for $29 dollars ..Tuesday ONLY on release date..Im not sure if its available for that price through they're website but anyone thats close and was looking to buy it may be in luck..:bomb:

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']REPOST!

lol this is like the 3rd or 4th time this has been posted[/QUOTE]

What he said.

This would go under regional deals since it is only in Nebraska and not in most states.

bread's done
Back