Photo
- - - - -

Super Meat Boy 800Msp until sometime in november

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#181 lunker

lunker

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:52 PM

Went into the game knowing for sure I wouldn't buy it since I'm just not as good at platformers as I used to be and I don't tend to have as much patience for crushing difficulty anymore... and I ended up buying it. There is so much charm to the game to draw you in and the package as a whole is quite impressive with an excellent visual style, solid controls, and a meaty experience.

Seeing the mass amount of meatboy clones showing you all your attempts (endless deaths) after beating the level is simply just pure awesome btw.

Accidental puns are the best kind of puns. :)

#182 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:26 PM

I spent most of my weekend trying to beat my Super Meat boy.

#183 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:46 PM

I tried the demo and got to annoyingly frustrating difficulty even there, so I guess this game isn't for me. :) I really liked Mega Man 10, though only on "Easy" difficulty (and didn't like MM9 because it didn't have that), but I think that's probably enough uber difficult platforming for me for a while.
Posted Image

#184 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:11 PM

All free time this weekend was also lost to super meat boy and I still managed to stay up until 1:30 last night playing it.

The demo is a cross sections of levels, so some of the levels should be hard. I am about 90 percent through the light world nothing seems impossible yet and I would not consider myself a great platformer gamer, but this is more of a puzzle game anyway, a very precise puzzle game.

#185 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:25 PM

so I didn't think I'd be getting this game, but I was bored and queued up a couple of demos. Ended up saying Fuck it and purchased super meat boy. pretty fun game, sucks when ya die but whatever haha, we'll see how far I get, but at least it's not as frustrating just b/c maybe it's so goofy and because I can start up right again after dying.

Anyway, now I figure since I already spent 800points, I'll go ahead and try to spend another 1600points (makes sense doesn't it lol) to get the additional 800 points back. Thinking a 1200 point game and probably the L4D2 DLC even though I got it free on PC... hmmm
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#186 gshell

gshell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:37 PM

played the demo.....didn't like it.....just not for me.....glad to see msoft getting comeptitve with their dlc pricing though

#187 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:05 PM

Picked it up after playing the demo. Reminds me of a weird indie game called "I Wanna Be The Boshy" that is played by some German kid on JTV. Difficult as all hell, but rewarding in the end.
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#188 Ratchet & CAG

Ratchet & CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:07 PM

I can wait for it to be on sale for 400 MS Points next year.

#189 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

I doubt you'll see that. 560 maybe but not 400.

#190 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

Good luck with that :rofl:

#191 mang9432

mang9432

Bad Baby 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:22 PM

i unlocked the kid last night. that was probably one of the hardest achievement's i've gotten. felt so great to finish that level. 100% here we come!
Posted Image

#192 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:03 PM

I doubt you'll see that. 560 maybe but not 400.

600 is more likely, seems like they did away with the 560 price and replaced it with 600.
Posted Image

#193 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:11 PM

i unlocked the kid last night. that was probably one of the hardest achievement's i've gotten. felt so great to finish that level. 100% here we come!

I felt relieved just to beat the final boss in the light world lol

#194 joeyatog

joeyatog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:13 PM

I just snagged Super Meat Boy! This game is insane but awesome at the same time! I love it!
Posted Image

#195 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:20 PM

I don't like hard games, especially hard 2D platformers.
I didn't even get halfway through N+.
I'm still struggling with New Super Mario Bros Wii.
I beat Super Meat Boy.
Some of the levels are incredibly difficult but doable.
The game entices you to play just one more level.
Then you cannot stop until you beat that level.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#196 sonicradiation

sonicradiation

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:07 PM

It is called "I wanna be the guy" (free - kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/) and it is a pretty challenging platformer indeed - favorite level: the computer is "playing" tetris and you have to avoid all of the blocks, climb up the blocks that have been laid down to get to the exit of that level.

I've been thoroughly enjoying super meat boy as well.

Picked it up after playing the demo. Reminds me of a weird indie game called "I Wanna Be The Boshy" that is played by some German kid on JTV. Difficult as all hell, but rewarding in the end.

#197 puzzlefite

puzzlefite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:49 PM

It is called "I wanna be the guy" (free - kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/) and it is a pretty challenging platformer indeed - favorite level: the computer is "playing" tetris and you have to avoid all of the blocks, climb up the blocks that have been laid down to get to the exit of that level.

I've been thoroughly enjoying super meat boy as well.

That's from IWBTG? lol I always thought it was just some guy trying to make a artistic and creative video!

#198 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:01 AM

Man, I wish I had a X360 to play this. So tempted to buy a X360 just to join in the madness!

What's the chance this thing would come out on the psp? It'd be so FREAKEN SWEET!!!

#199 Joph

Joph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:43 AM

great game so far.

#200 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:59 AM

Man, I wish I had a X360 to play this. So tempted to buy a X360 just to join in the madness!

What's the chance this thing would come out on the psp? It'd be so FREAKEN SWEET!!!

It will come out on Steam. The PC version should have an exclusive level editor :hot:

#201 Apathetic-Irony

Apathetic-Irony

Seize the Carp!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:24 AM

"Crazy Ass Game Collector" o.O

How can you be a crazy ass Game Collector without having a 360?!
(Super Meatboy on PSP would be pretty awesome.)

#202 mang9432

mang9432

Bad Baby 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:54 PM

Last night was probably one of the most exhilarating moments i've had gaming in the past few years.

I got hit with the save bug twice in a row on this level (5-11x), so i had to run through it 3 separate times and get the bandage. Needless to say, I got pretty good and by the time i finished it and it saved, I put up a top 50 global time. I was chatting with a friend of mine at the time, and it quickly became apparent to both of us that The Kid was the character we needed to use to get higher on the leaderboards. I put up the #9 score, and shortly after, he tied the #1 time. 7.41 sec. He said to me, if you just get a little closer to the saws you can make up a few ms. My next run I did that exactly, and put up 7.39, putting me at #1 (really #4, but there are 3 0.00 sec times which are either cheaters or glitches on there) I fucking love this game.

http://desmond.yfrog...e=640&ysize=640
Posted Image

#203 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:23 PM

It will come out on Steam. The PC version should have an exclusive level editor :hot:

True. But it won't have Teh Internets, with its exclusive bonus chapters. And since the level design is kind of the star of Super Meat Boy, I'd frankly rather have more developer-created content than a whole bunch of user-created stuff.

Don't get me wrong: Level editors are a wonderful thing, and I'm all for openness and user-generated fun. But in this case, Teh Internets excites me more.

#204 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:41 PM

True. But it won't have Teh Internets, with its exclusive bonus chapters. And since the level design is kind of the star of Super Meat Boy, I'd frankly rather have more developer-created content than a whole bunch of user-created stuff.

Don't get me wrong: Level editors are a wonderful thing, and I'm all for openness and user-generated fun. But in this case, Teh Internets excites me more.

I'll probably get both. Btw its funny to me that some want developer made levels of Teh Internets rather than levels actually made by Teh Internets :lol:

If i can make bosses then the steam version would be pretty cool

#205 Master Troll

Master Troll

Whaat is this place?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:51 AM

Yeah IWBTB was played by Michael_1985 on JTV. Supposedly the game is a tribute to IWBTG. I truly can't say which is harder though.

I dont know guys
idiots are a diamond dozen nowadays :)

Posted Image

#206 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:38 PM

Looks like the upcoming patch will include 20 additional levels.

#207 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:15 PM

after you unlock teh internets, how do you access the extra levels?

#208 FurryCurry

FurryCurry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:17 PM

Yeah IWBTB was played by Michael_1985 on JTV. Supposedly the game is a tribute to IWBTG. I truly can't say which is harder though.

Yes you can. IWBTG is obviously harder. In SMB you can actually see what is coming. In IWBTG it's trial and error period. You can't advance without knowing that an apple will fall from a tree or that a specific spike in the wall is what you'll have to shoot to turn into a platform. It's pure masochism.

Buy everything! QUICK!

Posted Image

Forget the old lady! Shop! NOW!

#209 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:35 PM

Looks like the upcoming patch will include 20 additional levels.

Yes, love the free levels...here is an article from joystiq about it.

http://www.joystiq.c...s-20-new-level/

Hope this is out today or tomorrow. :bouncy:

#210 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:39 PM

Yes you can. IWBTG is obviously harder. In SMB you can actually see what is coming. In IWBTG it's trial and error period. You can't advance without knowing that an apple will fall from a tree or that a specific spike in the wall is what you'll have to shoot to turn into a platform. It's pure masochism.

Or to put it another way: Super Meat Boy is too well-designed to be as hard as I Wanna Be The Guy.