This isn't Dead Space 2 Special Edition for $55.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossum206

CAG Veteran
This isn't the CE, this is the normal version. Check the ASIN # on Amazon and it'll match to the non-CE version.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but Target.com is listing Dead Space 2 Special Edition for $59.99.

http://www.target.com/Dead-Space-Collectors-Xbox-360/dp/B00309U0M6

Applying coupon code "H6GUONV5" at checkout drops the price down to $54.99 before taxes.

Free shipping is also included!

Again, sorry if this has been posted already, but can't beat the Special Edition at Regular Edition price! :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not the special edition, been posted a bunch of times. Its actually the standard edtion that'll be shipped. Check the ASIN # on Amazon

The ASIN is for the regular edition... chances are they'll cancel pre-orders or just ship you the regular version.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Not the special edition, been posted a bunch of times. Its actually the standard edtion that'll be shipped. Check the ASIN # on Amazon[/QUOTE]
This. Dont order it.

Dude this is a repost and people who have dealt with Target have already said that this is a mistake and that they won't honor the price for the CE order.

They will send you the standard edition because the stock number for the CE in the ad matches the standard edition stock number.

Searching always helps too.

[quote name='vanden9']I did search for dead space 2 and nothing came up[/QUOTE]

My mistake, you're right, the mods have been deleting the Dead Space 2 threads like this so that's why. But yeah, Target will more than likely not honor this price for the CE they will end up sending you the standard and not tell you till it shows up at your door.

[quote name='confoosious']it's not your fault. the mods keep deleting the info. they need to close the thread but leave the info.[/QUOTE]It's not our fault people don't check ASIN #s between Amazon and Target.

Hopefully people will figure it out before they post again. Probably not.

Yup. Too good to be true.

Also if you read their preorder terms they clearly state that if the price goes up before the game launches, they will cancel your order. Target sucks.

I purchased Dead Rising II Zombrex Edition from Target online for $59.99 when they shipped me the game it was the regular edition. I called them up and complained they told me to send the game back and they would send me the right one. Then a few weeks had passed but no game. I called them up to complain more and the women on the phone told me that they never shipped it out and were sold out of that edition and gave me a refund. If I were you I would stay far away from this deal....based on my experience I will.

Apparently Target has Collector's Edition of Dead Space 2 for Xbox 360 or PS3 listed for $59.99 only. Might be a good idea to pre-order it now...

Here is the link:

Xbox 360: http://www.target.com/Dead-Space-2-Xbox-360/dp/B00309U0M6/

PS3: http://www.target.com/Dead-Space-Collectors-PlayStation/dp/B00309XHD0/

Also, the link for Xbox version does not say collector's edition now... but if you see the description, it mentions the collector's edition content. PS3 version mentions that this is a collector's edition.

Been posted so many times now. This is not for the CE, it is for the standard edition. This is a regular thing for Target. Cross check the ASIN # with Amazon.

As usual with Target, they F'ed up again with the Collector's Editions. The ASIN points to the regular edition of the game. If I remember right, everyone else that's tried this trick gets shipped the regular edition and they can't ever complain their way into the collector's.

Buy at your own risk, but I guarantee you will get shipped the regular edition and you'll just have to get lucky arguing for the Collector's.

Here we go again. this is for the standard edition. Target loves doing this with their listings. Check the ASIN# on Amazon. Even if you order and try and fight them on it, you'll still only get the standard edition,a headache, & out the shipping charges.

That's what I thought but if you click on the "Quick Info" button and scroll to details it says it comes with the litho, plasma cutter etc.

One could definitely argue they're advertising the collector's edition...

Check the ASIN. The ASIN of the item in the link is the ASIN of the regular version.

They've done this before with Dead Rising 2 and Mass Effect 2. CE gets advertised for the regular's price, but when you actually get the item, it's the regular version.

[quote name='snakeinthegrass']That's what I thought but if you click on the "Quick Info" button and scroll to details it says it comes with the litho, plasma cutter etc.

One could definitely argue they're advertising the collector's edition...[/QUOTE]

one could also argue that if you check the asin number: B00309U0M6, it matches up with the regular edition on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back