Amazon UK have kinect launch stock available, £124.99

RazorD

CAGiversary!
Hey guys,

Just a quick heads up in case anyone wants kinect and found out they'd magically sold out overnight.. Amazon have more stock at £124.99 available for launch day.

I just ordered mine!

-Raz

It says it'll be available Christmas 2010? Link here btw.

Also, curious to think what people are making of this so called stock shortage. Based on the apathy I've seen online and the lack of advertising so far, I can imagine this is an engineered lack of supply to make it seem like a high demand item. :/

Ah, yeh - but it does say for delivery on launch day.

The christmas note is left over from when it was available for order but without a release date!

[quote name='John']
Also, curious to think what people are making of this so called stock shortage. Based on the apathy I've seen online and the lack of advertising so far, I can imagine this is an engineered lack of supply to make it seem like a high demand item. :/[/QUOTE]

Its a good idea for them to force a shortage buzz as that combined with massive TV advertising will sell it to its intended audience through to xmas.

I have definitely been surprised by the recent news that a stock shortage is expected, but I agree that there is probably some truth in the idea that it would be intentional. If, as predicted, there is no stock at launch, the media is bound to pick up on it and generate extra publicity for the device, potentially turning what was looking like being a relative flop into one of the most sought after items this Christmas. Of course, the so-called hardcore gamers still probably won;t be interested, but it's clearly the casual market that Microsoft is targeting here, and creating a shortage is one of the best ways of attracting the attention of a wider audience.

On another note, I hear that Kinect was being promoted on the Oprah Winfrey Show in America, so perhaps we can expect an increase in hype across the pond.

I'm still wondering if Kinect will turn out to be a novelty that people will play for a few days/weeks and then sit it in the corner to gather dust.

By the way I think zavvi had the best pre order (kinect + adventurers + another launch title of your choice eg dance central or fitness evolved for £130

[quote name='Chaziboy']I'm still wondering if Kinect will turn out to be a novelty that people will play for a few days/weeks and then sit it in the corner to gather dust.[/QUOTE]

I've already lost any interest in playing it, and I don't even have one yet.

I actually wouldn't mind getting kinect but have two problems:

a) £124.99

b) It would NEVER fit in my lounge (which is about 8 feet across from behind tv to behind couch)

oh and

c) [quote name='Chaziboy']I'm still wondering if Kinect will turn out to be a novelty that people will play for a few days/weeks and then sit it in the corner to gather dust.[/QUOTE]

I have the floor space but the games line up has left me pretty cold.

Dance Central looks interesting and has the Harmonix pedigree, but I'm a fat dude nearing his 40's so I'm probably not the target audience.

[quote name='John']Every video I've ever seen of Kinect has been super laggy, so I'm not surprised to see them wanting to delay reviews. Lag is a deal breaker for me. As well as not having 8ft of clear floor space in front of my TV.[/QUOTE]

Having spent some time playing Kinect, I can confirm that the lag is all but gone. Kinect Sports is solid, and stuff like the bowling picks up spin really well. Table tennis is a bit average, but I was playing an unpolished early version, and I'm told its better now.

bread's done
Back