diet pills? any that actually work and are safe?

thisjustanother

CAGiversary!
ive been trying to lose weight for over 5 years now, i was at 280 pounds at my highest over 5 years ago, im down to 165. ive been stuck at 165 for over 3 months now, always going up and down by few pounds every week. ive been doing it the natural way, exercise, cardio, and reducing and eating properly. i have many trouble areas like my stomach and legs that have a lot of fat accumlated and excess skin from all the weight loss.

was wondering if anyone here takes diet pills and actually knows they are safe and work. ive been trying to tell myself not to try any outside sources when it comes to losing weight, but being stuck where i am now, not sure i can.

My co worker used some Japanese pills. The weight loss was VERY visible. He got most everyone hooked on them and several people loss weight at work. I never dared to try them; I just know they're the one you take for 2 days, but one took them for a week; the other for two weeks. To date I haven't seen any side effects, lol. He says to google two day diet Japanese formula for more info.

165? that seems like a good weight. are you super short? doesn't seem like you need any more weight loss to me.

[quote name='shosh']165? that seems like a good weight. are you super short? doesn't seem like you need any more weight loss to me.[/QUOTE]

Im curious also. How tall are you? Because 165 isnt fat at all really.

Sounds like he/she is just trying to lose those last few pounds on the mid section for the post. Those are the hardest.

Don't know about the weight loss drugs, but even if they work with burning fat, they won't do anything with the excess skin from having already lost a lot of weight. Extra skin, stretch marks etc. after a lot of weight loss are only fixable with surgery. I'd just not worry about that.

Do some research on thermogenics to see how these "fat loss" pills work. There is no magic pill but what most of these pills do is use a combination of boosting your bodys ability to burn fat, speed up your metabolism and decreasing your apetite. Usually high in caffiene. People react differently to these products. 7 Keto is a popular one at the moment. The pills aren't magic but more like a push in the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the info one some pills and such. and to the others that were asking my height, im about 5'8, so its visible for my trouble areas to be seen.

[quote name='gargus']Im curious also. How tall are you? Because 165 isnt fat at all really.[/QUOTE]

I think in terms of losing, bodyfat is the keyword and not weight. I have been about 180 some odd months ago with some muscle and then went down to the 160s and now I'm around 150-155. I lost mostly bodyfat and look a lot better than I did in the 160s and a bit higher range. Of course this isn't my desired body weight but I am going to stay lean year round and keep adding more lbs as the years go by.

Hell, I'm 5'8 and about 170-175. Have little desire or interest in losing weight. I've been at this same weight for at least the past 10 years or so.

I've gained weight in the past 1 year when I was eating out for lunch 3 days a week.

I've been eating smaller meals at work and only going out for lunch 1 day week, and I'm up to 180 and 5'9". I used to be 150lbs.

I wish I could go from 275 to 175 and still want to lose another pound....NOW THAT'S A DREAM!

Diet pills don't work for anything more than short term often unhealthy weight loss. Second your not going to lose excess skin or its weight from diet pills; unfortunately short of surgery there is no real way except time which won't remove all the skin anyway. Your best bet is too stick with what your doing now, figure out your bmr and cut more calories/add more cardio to your diet and routine if your not losing enough weight for your liking.

do a lof core exercises which will tighten that area. Make sure you get a good leg based cardio going (as much as I hate to say it, jogging is good for this) and you should be fine after a while.

6'2" - 240 aiming to get to 215-220.

I tried the Jillian Michaels pills for about a month, dropped three pounds and gained it all back in three days after I quit. They're mostly water shedding with an extra dose of caffiene to make you wiggly during the day.

No. Diet pills are dangerous and offer no positive benefits. Increase your cardio, decrease your daily caloric intake, maybe look at a protein supplement or something, and call it good. Avoid diet pills. Cock growing pills? Now those are totally legit, take those (sarcasm).

[quote name='thisjustanother']i was at 280 pounds at my highest over 5 years ago, im down to 165.[/QUOTE]
:shock:

Holy crap dude. Congrats.

Worked short term for me. I was always craving for food, and those filled me up and I wasn't hungry anymore. But the problem was that I would always feel like I ate too much. That's a really crappy feeling for 12 hours a day.
Wouldn't recommend them

oddly enough this is one instance in which the group of ana girls I talk to online would be really helpful if you want i can see what they say then filter out what they actually mean.

I lost 100 pounds last year and one of the things I've come to swear by is "don't freakin' buy anything." What I mean by that is diet pills, plans or whatever new piece of miracle exercise equipment is on TV. Everything you need, you've already got on you. Sure, it's a little Tony Robbins-ish but isn't that the whole point?

Unhelpful rant on diet pills:
I'm no expert, and I'm not selling a book or my own method or anything, but just from my experience and what I learned losing the weight, the things that did and did not work, diet products are all crap and it's my opinion that 100% of the reason anyone can make a legitimate effort and still fail overcomplicate the hell out of it because all these bullshit diet drugs and plans exist; I mean, you see a commercial for diet pills that affect your metabolism, then another one that suppresses your appetite, then a commercial for Jenny Craig and the crazy eat-all-you-want!-diet, then you'll talk to someone who swears by Atkin's or the South Beach miracle juice or you can lose 10 pounds just eating Cheerios. God, no wonder so many people have no idea what to do. The worstpart of any diet pills is they all say they work "with proper diet and exercise," which if you're getting, you don't need the fucking pills, so what's the point?

Anyway, are you getting enough resistance exercise? If you alternate enough between cardio and resistance, you'll lose the weight more evenly and that won't happen as much. I would maybe even lay off the cardio completely for a little while; when I do that, I do actually a rather light routine of 100 crunches and 30-ish curls and that's enough for me to lose weight that day and you're obviously not eating right to bulk up but you'll definitely tighten up a bit. I definitely still have loose skin in areas, don't get me wrong, but it's not so much that it actively bothers me.

Again, that's just me.

Black Coffee, no cream no sugar.

One of the primary active ingredients in a lot of diet pills is caffeine, it speeds up your metabolism which helps you burn more calories and lose weight so long as you combine it with limited calorie intake and exercise.

Also 165 isn't a terrible weight, I'd focus more on fat to mussel right now rather than actual weight.

Most diet pills (if they work) will only burn an extra 100-200 cals a day.
Its not worth the body core elevated tempature= sweat.
Rapid heartbeats, nervousness, mood swings.
Your choice choose wisely

for the loose skin drink lots of water- itll help with that problem. as for diet pills, there is no sure fire pill. some of the good ones have stuff in them to help aid with regular workouts (cardio is your friend for fat lose btw). i've used redline with my workouts, dont think it comes in pill form anymore, just liquid were you drink half the bottle each time (8oz bottles- my father is a pro body builder/nuitrinalist for 30 years now and even he liked the redline) and i used lipo 6 before, but it has a MASSIVE amount of caffien in it. unless you can stand the dose it packs i would stay clear of that one.

If you have a torrent I would recomend downloading P90X+ KenpoX and IntervalX- 40 minutes a day classes that really help.

Squats, squats and more squats...

You sound like your problem is that you don't have enough muscle mass. As I mentioned above, do squats. This will help you develop muscle in your core and legs. That will take care of the excess fat and help tighten up your skin.

like people are saying... need to work on resistance... at 165 the best way to lose belly fat is to do resistance and build muscle... muscle burns fat.

bread's done
Back