Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/24/10 to 10/30/10)

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#301 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:05 PM

Now I'm really pissed off.

They now have the Limited Edition back as available, BUT, according to their customer service, if I change the order in any way, shape or form, I will lose all pre-order extras and Rewards Zone extras.

Can anyone confirm if the Buy 2, Get 3rd Deal still gives you pre-order and Rewards Zone bonuses or not?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#302 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:14 PM

Now I'm really pissed off.

They now have the Limited Edition back as available, BUT, according to their customer service, if I change the order in any way, shape or form, I will lose all pre-order extras and Rewards Zone extras.

Can anyone confirm if the Buy 2, Get 3rd Deal still gives you pre-order and Rewards Zone bonuses or not?

I put this a few pages back; According to Best Buy Customer Service, Best Buy will not give you both Buy 2 Get 1 Free and Reward Zone point bonuses. Have to pick one or the other.

#303 TheKing

TheKing

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:30 PM

Has anybody that gotten their BB copies of SW:FU 2 noticed if the front cover distinguishes if the game has the DLC code in pack between the ones that don't?

The cover does tell you it has the card inside (It's actually printed on the artwork), but it's not DLC, it's just a cheat code.

HAAZEN

#304 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:46 PM

The cover does tell you it has the card inside (It's actually printed on the artwork), but it's not DLC, it's just a cheat code.

HAAZEN

Gotcha thanks!

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#305 Archfiend

Archfiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:49 PM

those could be the worst buy2 get 1 free deal/selection I have eve3r seen!

#306 chickenbutt

chickenbutt

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:27 PM

Guys, I need help with Best Buy. I think mines is trying to pull some shit with me. I had 3 copies preordered, but they told me I can't get 2 of the same game. The ad says that I can only get 2 of them, so I went back in and tried to get them to add 2 of them to 1 receipt since they put it onto 3 so that I could get a free game. Now they tell me that it doesn't work on preorders. Should I go back and bitch?
Also, can I return preordered games to Best Buy? If this doesn't work, I'm planning on buying 3 online and returning them with the preordered receipt.
Edit: Nevermind about the ad saying only 2. I just noticed it said minimum. Okay I just noticed that was for Limited Edition.

Edited by chickenbutt, 26 October 2010 - 10:56 PM.

#307 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:06 PM

Never am i ever going to this Best Buy again <_<. Took them 10 minutes to find my damn Fable 3 LE copy, then waited 30 minutes while they searched for the Pre-Order code. After about 40 minutes they called up another store and sent me over there to get it. (Thank god i had to go in that direction anyway, or i'd be even more pissed).

Atleast the B2G1 went off without a hitch. Fable 3 LE, TFU2, Sims 3 all for 140$ and some change
Posted ImagePosted Image

#308 chickenbutt

chickenbutt

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:42 PM

Nevermind. Only question I have now is can I return preorders?

#309 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:48 PM

Do anyone know how long are they supposed to take to ship pre-orders from their site? They still haven't shipped ANYTHING from my order (although I did choose the free shipping).

I ordered WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011, NBA 2k11 and Fable III, and when I check the status of my order, WWE and Fable are still as Pre-orders :/
Posted ImagePosted Image

#310 DX

DX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:49 PM

So the ST:FU 2 bonus DLC is in the game box or separate? I already have to go back tomorrow to get my Fable 3 DLC.

#311 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:58 PM

Successfully picked up my Fable III CE and 2 SWTFU II at Best Buy. Unfortunately, Best Buy struck again with their stupid spider wrap on my Fable III CE. Why in the world do they have to put that freaking thing on so tight :( Oh, and the cashier duped me out of $10 from my preorders. She did a "return" of $5 and only applied that to my purchase. I didn't notice until I was home.

This is one of many reasons I am moving towards KMart for all of my video game purchases.

#312 Ness3

Ness3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:10 AM

Just got back from Best Buy with Fable III x3 (regular editions). I preordered, got one free, but didn't get the DLC code... Thought it would be in the box like it was with Fallout 3, but it wasn't. Lame :(

Posted ImagePosted Image

#313 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:40 AM

So I can't believe I forgot to try this, but for anyone that remembers last year's B2G1 sale you'll know what I mean.

I picked up 2 copies of NBA 2K11 and Fable LE all for gifts. Anyways, the cashier naturally scanned the NBA2K games first and then Fable. Well the receipt shows the middle game as the free one. Now obviously this is how it should have worked given that the third game was more expensive, but I can't help but wonder if I had her scan Fable second if it would have zeroed out.

Anyone have a similar situation and think to try it?
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#314 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:17 AM

For those not receiving their DLC code from Best Buy, if you preordered in the store, did you get the empty case? I just opened the empty case to find two cards, one dealing with The Channeler/Crystal Tattoo Set and another one dealing with the custom villager, exclusive quest and in-game gold. The exclusive quest card has a code on the back while the sword and tattoo set says it should be handed to you with your game purchase.

#315 Steelpen2

Steelpen2

One Cheap Dude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:41 AM

So are people not getting bonus points for preordering? I was told I couldn't even purchase 2 other games for the B2G1 deal because I preordered Fable III. So, I canceled the preorder and went on buying Fable III LE, SW: FU LE, and Castlevania. I tried to get Castlevania LE for free, but that didn't work. The deal only works for the regular version.
Posted Image

#316 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:05 AM

Just want to note my crappy Best Buy experience.

I went right after work and checked out the front desk display at the entrance where they put all the new releases. Already they were sold out Smackdown 2011 for the PS3. I went upstairs and there was no NBA 2K11 for the 360. One of my friends who works in the video game section even checked the back for me and said that they've been sold out of 2K11 for the 360 for over a week and don't know when they're getting it restocked. There were a ton of Fable 3 (about three LEs) and TFU2 copies, however. I got pissed since I didn't want to leave there without getting anything, so I bought Rock Band 3 even if I have it on the way from Gamestop. (I'll just go and return that sealed copy some time next week to BB.)

Went to the local game store just down the street and bought Smackdown. I would have ordered online, but hell if I wanted wait. (Things take almost an entire week to arrive here in Hawaii.)
Posted Image

#317 jousley

jousley

10yr Member of CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:31 AM

I had no problems with Best Buy. I ordered them online early in the morning yesterday and selected In Store Pickup. A few moments after the store opened, they emailed me saying the games (SW:TFU2, Fable 3 Reg Ed and Castlevania) were ready for pickup. Walked in to customer service and they had the order ready. As he was checking me out, I noticed they had a lot of pre-order games back behind the counter and the Fables had a huge stack of Pre-order bonus DLC cards in front of them. I just casually asked if I got one of those cards too, and the guy turned around and got me one and dropped in the bag. One of the easier transactions I have had with Best Buy for sure.

#318 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:39 AM

Argh...seriously? I just got my bb 50 gift card...have enough to do a trade in to around 5x.xx and a 10 dollar rzc and all these reported problems everyone's having?

All I want is
The force unleashed 2
MOH
and possibly NBA 2k11/Fable 3 for shits and gigs (since its free)

Maybe I will pick up TFU2 and just leave it at that.

#319 Techsticles

Techsticles

Nihilistic Mystics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:35 PM

Picked up Castlevania, Fable 3, and SWFU2 no problems yesterday. As soon as they hit total it zeroed out the 3rd game. They even had a stack of Fable 3 redemption cards at the checkout counter and gave me one.

#320 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:40 PM

Probably been asked already, but has anyone tried buying the limited edition of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow as a part of the B2G1 free?

#321 Steelpen2

Steelpen2

One Cheap Dude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:37 AM

Probably been asked already, but has anyone tried buying the limited edition of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow as a part of the B2G1 free?

Yes, I tried and was denied. When the cashier hit 'TOTAL' she noticed something was wrong and went to look in the ad. She saw that only the '59.99' version of Castlevania was indicated.
Posted Image

#322 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:45 AM

Yes, I tried and was denied. When the cashier hit 'TOTAL' she noticed something was wrong and went to look in the ad. She saw that only the '59.99' version of Castlevania was indicated.

Thank you!

That stomps out my plan of getting all three limited editions. PS3 collector's edition Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, PS3 collector's edition Star Wars the Force Unleashed II, Xbox 360 Fable III collector's edition free.

#323 ItsAMeAMario

ItsAMeAMario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:58 AM

I participated in the B2G1, but I changed my mind and want to return all 3. Shouldn't be a problem right?

Also I realized that on my Xbox 360 version of TFU II Collector's edition, the picture of Starkiller is upside down yet the title of the game is right side up.
What the Fuck?

#324 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:03 AM

I participated in the B2G1, but I changed my mind and want to return all 3. Shouldn't be a problem right?

Right.
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#325 J0P4G3R1

J0P4G3R1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:16 AM

I'm glad there's a B2G1 sale at BB, but it's disappointing that it's only select games.

I wanted to get Fallout New Vegas, Borderlands GOTY, and get Kirby or something else free.

Heads up, it's cheaper to buy borderlands and all the dlc separate. The GOTY doesn't have the dlc on a disc either so it's a waste of money.

#326 thunder_gamer

thunder_gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:28 AM

I'm glad there's a B2G1 sale at BB, but it's disappointing that it's only select games.

I wanted to get Fallout New Vegas, Borderlands GOTY, and get Kirby or something else free.

Get those from Target next week, supposedly to be Buy 2 Get 1 on all games, unless you prefer Best Buy for whatever your own reason is.

#327 Bazz

Bazz

SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:24 PM

Was able to price match yesterday Rockband at bestbuy with Kmart they ended up just charging me 39.99 for it! so I am happy.

I need 1 more sign up if anyone could help please. http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=244985
SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com-Do me a favor and check it out. Would love to hear your feedback;)