Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/24/10 to 10/30/10)

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#61 Cheap Ass Bastard

Cheap Ass Bastard

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:47 AM

Thanks OP. Since over $300 worth of BB gift cards are burning a hole in my wallet (while proudly waving my CAG flag), I held off on the TRU promo and have been looking for any news of Best Buy having a B2G1. Was hoping to score on a few older titles and/or ones that TRU didn't stock. Oh, well...maybe stocking up on some Blu-rays or pulling the trigger on an eReader will stop that hole from getting bigger. :-k

#62 ryanmassacre

ryanmassacre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:48 AM

I would love to bite on this deal but I think I'm gonna hold out for black Friday and put the rest on my x mass list

#63 Torusan

Torusan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:49 AM

Meh. Three $60 after B2G1 is still $40 a pop. Cheaper yes, but lately it hasn't taken long for prices to drop and less time for better sales. A few weeks from now we'll see as low as $30 on Amazon or even K-mart. Not to mention Black Friday is right around the corner. I don't think I can even finish one game by the time that happens.

Almost Best Buy.... Okay, not really.

#64 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:01 AM

Free $15 Gift Card with purchase of both the Rock Band 3 keyboard and Rock Band 3 for XBOX 360
(yes the ad specifically says 360 only)

This would be nice if it applied to the bundle, but I bet it won't.
Posted Image

#65 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:25 AM

Very odd that B2G1 would ONLY apply to new releases. You'd think that new releases would be the only ones excluded.

I wouldn't be too surprised if it turns out that everything works.

#66 snatcher33

snatcher33

Marry me Jenny!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:32 AM

I wouldn't be too surprised if it turns out that everything works.

I agree.
Posted Image

#67 ray2dee

ray2dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:45 AM

guess their losing all that money from K-mart and their trying to catch up................nice try:applause: but I still rolling with K-Mart

#68 ghettoqball

ghettoqball

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:01 AM

Damn it... this is disappointing. There are quite a few new games out (or coming out) that I want. Unfortunately none of them are included in this deal. If only Toys R Us would have had a decent selection, I wouldn't have decided to hold out for this deal. Guess I'm out of luck now.

#69 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:44 AM

Meh, i had to get Fable 3 CE there anyway, might toss up an extra 60 just to get TFU 2 and Sims 3......sucks that New Vegas isnt part of the deal <_<
Posted ImagePosted Image

#70 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:10 PM

For all of those thinking about the Fable 3 CE, amazon does offer a $20 gaming credit on the Fable 3 collectors edition as well, which might work out better for those who really aren't looking for 2 more games to buy.

#71 CowboyKill3r

CowboyKill3r

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

Hmmm... 3x SW: TFU2: CE :D

$79.99
$79.99
$0.00
Total: $159.98 or $53.32 each

500 RZ Offer = $10 Cert
500 RZ Offer = $10 Cert
500 RZ Offer = $10 Cert
160 RZ Points (150 RZ = $5 Certs + 10 RZ Points)
Total: $35 RZ Certs

You only get the 500 bonus points once. I bought 2 versions of reach on release day and was only given the 500 for 1 of them. I did get the $20 gift card for each one though. I purchased the 2 in seperate purchases though to get the second GC.

#72 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:24 PM

damn....I really want Rock Band 3 (which I have preordered at Gamestop) and Sd Vs. RAW 2011 and Fable 3. ANd somewhat want Force Unleashed 2. But my hours have been cut the last few weeks s I was gonna hold off on Fable 3 and SD Vs. RAW 11....but if I can get The Force Unleashed for free..gah..............WHY!!!!??

:(

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#73 Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:30 PM

You only get the 500 bonus points once. I bought 2 versions of reach on release day and was only given the 500 for 1 of them. I did get the $20 gift card for each one though. I purchased the 2 in seperate purchases though to get the second GC.

Okay this is semi-OT but how the heck do RZ bonus points work? I pre-ordered Reach a week before launch, bought it, and both of those have cleared processing without me getting any bonus points aside from the natural growth for spending. Am I missing something?

#74 daminion

daminion

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:31 PM

i was just calculating where to buy halo reach, fallout nv and fable 3 thinking when i first saw this post that it was B2G1 on all games.

That answers that question. Kmart gets my business after all.

#75 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:22 PM

fingers crossed for middle game glitch!!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#76 bert90987

bert90987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:26 PM

I have $71 in Gift Cards and RZ certs combined. As a CAG, do you see the price that I would pay as $40 per game and then that I am using my cift cards and coupons or would you just see it as $18 per game? I know in the end it doesn't matter but I was wondering how ppl see giftcards and reward certs. As an example, I rarely feel as though I get a deal if I use a giftcard on a MSRP game. Maybe it's just that I have been used to the deals here that I never expect to pay MSRP.

#77 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:28 PM

Okay this is semi-OT but how the heck do RZ bonus points work? I pre-ordered Reach a week before launch, bought it, and both of those have cleared processing without me getting any bonus points aside from the natural growth for spending. Am I missing something?

Did you join the gamers club in reward zone? If not, that could be the problem. If you're in it already, call their customer service number or drop them an e-mail, I'm pretty sure they'd look into it and give you the bonus.

#78 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:30 PM

We, at least I do, see it as $40/game. Especially because you could use those GC's and RZ certs, on other games or items.
http://home.bigcrumbs.com/nobody
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee
Current money earned from cashback: $88

#79 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:53 PM

I just looked at my Reward Zone account and realized I got stiffed on my Halo Reach purchase. They took the $20 gift card off my total spent, so they only gave me $35 towards my total (plus $5 for my pre-order).

DarkZion9.pngWjwtTLD.gif?1

so I decided to see what I could do with it and I got to the end but there's no way I can finish him off. 

#80 ratm4eva1

ratm4eva1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:58 PM

I just looked at my Reward Zone account and realized I got stiffed on my Halo Reach purchase. They took the $20 gift card off my total spent, so they only gave me $35 towards my total (plus $5 for my pre-order).

Yea they did that for me but when I used the gift card on something else I got points for that. They just do it this way so you don't get an extra 20$ for the free gift card.

#81 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:37 PM

The Best Buy 3-for-2 deal sucks, but oh well. Good thing I didn't pass on the TRU sale.

Why does everyone want NBA 2K11? Is this a really desired game or is there something else that deals with it? Like gift card or some special offer?

I'm not getting another NBA game until David Stern dies. :D

But seriously, it's supposed to be the greatest NBA game yet. But NHL 11 is supposed to be the best NHL game yet and no one seems that interested in it, at least here anyway.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#82 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:00 PM

Yea they did that for me but when I used the gift card on something else I got points for that. They just do it this way so you don't get an extra 20$ for the free gift card.

Except you're not supposed to receive points for using a gift card. I used mine and no purchase showed up.

DarkZion9.pngWjwtTLD.gif?1

so I decided to see what I could do with it and I got to the end but there's no way I can finish him off. 

#83 Ratchet & CAG

Ratchet & CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:51 PM

Sucks that RB3 isn't part of the B2G1F :cold:

#84 krizax21

krizax21

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:19 AM

yeah was going to bit on gamestop used b2g1 but now ill wait for this. even thou no fallout :( i still like star wars fable 3 and castlevania

#85 bert90987

bert90987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:52 AM

I think I'm going to go for: NHL 11, FIFA 11, and Star Wars: Force Unleashed II using my $71 in store credit.

#86 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:08 AM

if they add rock band 3 to b2g1, ill cancel my fable 3 preorder with amazon and pick up

fable 3
force unleashed 2
rock band 3

i'm getting all 3 regardless, but getting one free feels so much better (fable from amazon, the other 2 from kmart)

596772.png

#87 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:11 AM

Too bad the B2G1 isn't on ALL games like the last(glitched) one that they had so I could pick up MOH and a few other recent releases for like $10 worth of copies of Rock Revolution.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#88 WhytePanther

WhytePanther

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:23 AM

Want to pick up Smackdown, and Best Buy has the RIGHT exclusive DLC... Was planning on getting Fable from Amazon, but this deal works too... If RB3 was available on this deal it would be perfect. *sigh*

#89 AFarewell2Arms

AFarewell2Arms

Drop A Deuce

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:40 AM

Too bad Enslaved isn't part of this deal. Oh well. If I'm going to do it, it would probably have to be SvR 2011, Star Wars, and Fable.

#90 macschwag14

macschwag14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:55 AM

Strange mix of games on the B2G1 deal. I understand trying to have something for everybody, but it just seems really random.