Free Episode Of Back to the Future the Game PC/MAC

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#91 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:31 PM

really?!?:roll: Bypass their own website where they get users to register to receive the game and put it on bittorent instead?

:dunce:no comment....

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Bittorrent is just the way the files would be distributed. You'd still need to be registered to play it. They wouldn't include a crack.

Edited by louiedog, 18 February 2011 - 05:07 PM.

#92 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:32 AM

I rather have a physical copy of this to put next to the movies.

They do physical copies, but they require you to sign in to your account each time you start the game. So it really offers no advantage over the digital versions.

#93 sethvega

sethvega

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:51 AM

everytime i click 'buy now' it add all 5 episodes. doesn't seem to be an option to only add ep1 and get it for free. looks like the deal is dead unless someone can plz tell me what im missing here.

#94 RanchLizard

RanchLizard

Need more time for games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:03 AM

I can't get it to run on an old laptop. Looks like I got some driver updates and directx stuff and other work to do. This is why I stick with console games. :) I deal with software development all day, but I don't want to mess with it when I get home. Just let me hold the controller and start playing!

#95 UnrealZero

UnrealZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:28 AM

I don't see where it shows physical copy.

#96 Lutter

Lutter

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:35 AM

everytime i click 'buy now' it add all 5 episodes. doesn't seem to be an option to only add ep1 and get it for free. looks like the deal is dead unless someone can plz tell me what im missing here.

go to www.telltalegames.com/bttfoffer

Link is on that page.

#97 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:30 AM

I don't see where it shows physical copy.

It'll be released 6 months or so after the complete series is done. This is how they do it for all of their games. You buy the season, play them digitally as they're released, then you're entitled to a free copy of the DVD (which also comes with audio commentary, behind the scenes features, developer's journals, concept art, etc).

#98 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:48 AM

Definitely not happy with needing to be online to play it. Still waiting for them to send me the unlock code. Why the hell do companies do this crap.
PSWii60 FTW!!!

#99 ninjalunchbox79

ninjalunchbox79

WTF?!?!?!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:27 AM

The game still costs too much and it is as much a blight to Back to the Future series as Back to the Future Part 3. Too bad we never have and never will get a good BttF game.

If only a talented developer worked on it instead of Telltale.

WOW . . . go else where to slander this game , the movies & the developer!!! Telltale is an awesome developer & the movies are great . . . . this community can do with out your trolling:roll:

#100 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:30 PM

BttF 3, bad? I think you're in the minority on this one, this is an opinion I've never heard.

#101 GlassAgate

GlassAgate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

This looks pretty sweet. Hope this comes over to the 360.

What bugs me is that I could have sworn that, in an interview
some years ago, TT said that their new engine would make it
easy to put a game on any of the major systems.

I'd snag it on the 360 in a second. My guess is that bureaucratic
mumbo jumbo at Microsoft stopped it.

#102 sethvega

sethvega

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:03 AM

go to www.telltalegames.com/bttfoffer

Link is on that page.

that worked, thx! for some reason, i couldn't find that link

#103 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:42 AM

I found a fix on the Telltale forums. Rename the application, removing all the spaces. I renamed mine to 'BackToTheFuture101' and now it works properly. Pretty f'ing silly bug. OP - you might want to mention this in the OP for us Mac users.

i'm on pc (min7) and I'm getting the same problem as the mac users. My file already is named what you suggest with no spaces?!
Posted Image

#104 dv8mad

dv8mad

Fulfilling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:00 AM

i'm on pc (min7) and I'm getting the same problem as the mac users. My file already is named what you suggest with no spaces?!

Also Win 7 here. I had it run immediately after install by leaving the run file box checked. But after exiting the program I could not get it to open again.
Right clicked and ran as administrator and it works everytime now.
Try that. ;)

#105 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:46 AM

Also Win 7 here. I had it run immediately after install by leaving the run file box checked. But after exiting the program I could not get it to open again.
Right clicked and ran as administrator and it works everytime now.
Try that. ;)

yeah that worked, had to go to the telltale forums to figure it out. thanx
Posted Image

#106 tim_pkmn89

tim_pkmn89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:13 AM

What bugs me is that I could have sworn that, in an interview
some years ago, TT said that their new engine would make it
easy to put a game on any of the major systems.

I'd snag it on the 360 in a second. My guess is that bureaucratic
mumbo jumbo at Microsoft stopped it.

I'm assuming it's Microsoft not liking the episodic thing.

#107 ChestyMan

ChestyMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:37 AM

BttF 3, bad? I think you're in the minority on this one, this is an opinion I've never heard.

really? I've heard it quite a bit.

#108 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:52 AM

Yeah, 3 was by far the weakest entry into the Trilogy, the old west thing never really worked for me ... and seemed like sort of a cop out after they made the elaborate future sets in the 2nd movie. It's not a bad movie, just not a great movie ... I would say they go in order of greatness for me - 1>2>3

BTW, is it just me or does the optimization on the PS3 version suck? No wonder it's $5 less :roll:

#109 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:40 AM

What the hell? It no longer thinks I own episode one and I can't play it. Anyone else having this problem?
PSWii60 FTW!!!

#110 Donnums

Donnums

Great Scott!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:09 AM

Does anyone know of a way to reset passwords? For whatever reason, the Password Reset E-mail NEVER gets dispatched - nothing in spam folders either even after waiting a day or two. I've e-mailed support but no response yet...I signed up for this a while ago and was anxious to play it.

#111 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:39 PM

Does anyone know of a way to reset passwords? For whatever reason, the Password Reset E-mail NEVER gets dispatched - nothing in spam folders either even after waiting a day or two. I've e-mailed support but no response yet...I signed up for this a while ago and was anxious to play it.

I sent them an email last Friday and they didn't respond to me until Tuesday night.
PSWii60 FTW!!!