For All Those Who Have a Pending Xbox Live Gold Renewal at a Discounted Rate

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!
EDIT: I know this is NOT a deal but it pertains to deals previously advertised here so I wanted to be sure people actually saw it.

As many of you know Xbox.com has changed their website design and format. I was checking my account today and noticed that my Xbox live gold account gave no indication that I was going to receive a promotional price for my upcoming renewal date. The OLD Xbox.com had this information but it was no longer there on the new site. Anyway I called customer support and they were able to see that I received an email indicating that I signed up for the promotional rate but since it has not billed yet they could not say if it would actually go into effect. Long story short he told me if it does not bill correctly then they can refund me the promotional rate since they have record of the email. He made a note in my file to make it easier also. I would just suggest checking your Xbox Live Gold renewal status and calling support to make sure you get the promotion. Mine was the 40% off deal they were doing for Halo:Reach.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure you mean no warn to CAG, but everyone is going to flame/troll/beat/curse/mug you for posting a NON deal in the deal section of the forums. Be warned my friend, you will not be taken nicely >< Be sure to post this problem/discussion in the other sections of the forums.

[quote name='N1nj4_KO']I am sure you mean no warn to CAG, but everyone is going to flame/troll/beat/curse/mug you for posting a NON deal in the deal section of the forums. Be warned my friend, you will not be taken nicely >< Be sure to post this problem/discussion in the other sections of the forums.[/QUOTE]

People can do what they want but many CAGs ONLY look at the deals section so I am trying to save people a headache from the deals they already thought they had. If they want to move this thread then fine I could care less.

[quote name='cancerman1120']People can do what they want but many CAGs ONLY look at the deals section so I am trying to save people a headache from the deals they already thought they had. [/QUOTE]

That's their fault, then. Not a deal.

OP you are just paranoid.... deal with it when the time comes. You have your email proof so why are you even worried? Worst comes to worst you get refunded...

[quote name='judgedee']OP you are just paranoid.... deal with it when the time comes. You have your email proof so why are you even worried? Worst comes to worst you get refunded...[/QUOTE]

My renewal is in May so I would rather make sure everything is in place then try to explain some deal I signed up for 8 months ago. How is it paranoid that one minute my account says I am renewing at a discount and now it does not? Even the customer service rep cannot confirm it so I think its best to do this earlier than later.

You guys can rip me all you want for this not being a deal but if this was happening the same week the deal was being offered it would be the only thing people would be complaining about. Just because it is a month after the fact does not make it any less relevant to the original deals.

stop making these damn threads about questions, warnings and such. do people not understand the rules of this website? jesus christ, cheapyd read this: Make new users who just registered have a 25 post count in order to make a thread. Also, ban such keywords or topics from being made in the wrong forum(s). May lord have mercy on their soul..

[quote name='cancerman1120']My renewal is in May so I would rather make sure everything is in place then try to explain some deal I signed up for 8 months ago. How is it paranoid that one minute my account says I am renewing at a discount and now it does not? Even the customer service rep cannot confirm it so I think its best to do this earlier than later.

You guys can rip me all you want for this not being a deal but if this was happening the same week the deal was being offered it would be the only thing people would be complaining about. Just because it is a month after the fact does not make it any less relevant to the original deals.[/QUOTE]

So what? you want every single one of us who took advantage of this promotion to email customer support so we can also get a note put on our account ? does that sound like a sane and logical thing to do to you?

why are we still continuing this in this deals section? and to be honest, this is for the advantage of the OP... not us people seeking deals. I really don't need an open thread sticking out of the deals section.

@cancerman1120 This was a PROBLEM you got from a previous deal. This does not relate* to the deal. I am not going to try to explain this to you because you have your mind SET on the fact that "oh this is related to the deal that was on this before." I will just let everyone troll you around and when the admin shuts this thread down, we won't ever have to talk about this here ^_^ and yes I am trying to help you by warning you and giving you advice to post in the discussions section. KTHXBAI

EDIT: LOL I only have 41 posts and I do fine obeying to orders and having fun on the forums, compared to this guy with 200+ posts. People these days are effing greedy and selfish, they just want their own ways and won't care until they achieve these goals. Sounds like some of you need training lessons. >_>

Forget your EDIT bro. A rule is a rule, whether they can't see the thread because they never look at the discussion/trade/etc sections is beyond you. You are negligently posting on this part of the forum and should know better since you were a member since Feb 10 with 200 posts. You should be ashamed of yourself, bra.

[quote name='N1nj4_KO']Forget your EDIT bro. A rule is a rule, whether they can't see the thread because they never look at the discussion/trade/etc sections is beyond you. You are negligently posting on this part of the forum and should know better since you were a member since Feb 10 with 200 posts. You should be ashamed of yourself, bra.[/QUOTE]
lol great post..so true

I have requested this be moved. My intentions were not to piss people off but rather inform them a past deal may be glitched now before they are charged the full price for Xbox Gold. Sorry for the breach of rules.

Thank you for being considerate and to explain myself, my first post was to warn you that people will come flame you. I did not want to create such commotion in this thread but it came to a point that I didn't know what to do but analyze the situation. If I hurt your feelings in any way, I apologize and I hope we won't have any problems/issues with each other. I really mean it. Thanks for reading this post.

[quote name='cancerman1120']My renewal is in May so I would rather make sure everything is in place then try to explain some deal I signed up for 8 months ago. How is it paranoid that one minute my account says I am renewing at a discount and now it does not? Even the customer service rep cannot confirm it so I think its best to do this earlier than later.

You guys can rip me all you want for this not being a deal but if this was happening the same week the deal was being offered it would be the only thing people would be complaining about. Just because it is a month after the fact does not make it any less relevant to the original deals.[/QUOTE]

Why not just go on your Xbox 360 and check the status there?

It will clearly indicate your Renewal Date and what payment is set. Did you not know this? I don't see why you felt the need to phone up Xbox Customer Support just because you didn't (or couldn't) find it on their website. :whistle2:?

Edit: Does it indicate you will be billed at the new $59.99 rate?

[quote name='N1nj4_KO']Thank you for being considerate and to explain myself, my first post was to warn you that people will come flame you. I did not want to create such commotion in this thread but it came to a point that I didn't know what to do but analyze the situation. If I hurt your feelings in any way, I apologize and I hope we won't have any problems/issues with each other. I really mean it. Thanks for reading this post.[/QUOTE]

No problems at all. I really like this site and I am not trying to be a troll/pest/ass. Your post was straight forward and helpful. I would move the dang thing myself if I could. When this comes up in the future can someone tell the right forum for this type of post. I looked at them and this is not a question...it is more of a "warning" about a past deal or "horror story" type rant I guess.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Why not just go on your Xbox 360 and check the status there?

It will clearly indicate your Renewal Date and what payment is set. Did you not know this? I don't see why you felt the need to phone up Xbox Customer Support just because you didn't (or couldn't) find it on their website. :whistle2:?

Edit: Does it indicate you will be billed at the new $59.99 rate?[/QUOTE]

Ok now I deserve every bit a crap flung at me (I know most of you thought that anyway). My Xbox DOES indicate I have the discount. Well I feel like a complete turd wad. I promise I will never post anything but deals to the thread again. Thanks. I just never thought of looking there. Can I just delete this now:(

Edit: I was so focused that the website information had changed I never thought of looking at my actual Xbox. Sorry again and thanks for the information.

This is exactly what happened to me. I tried back in August for the $40 12 month promotion, it never went through (didn't notice this until yesterday, when my second issue occurred). Yesterday, I tried to get the $84 24 month deal and realized that my account never registered the first 12 months nor the 24 months. So I called them about it and it was showing up on their end, but the 12 months never got charged to me, and the 24 months wasn't going to work until mid-November when my account was set to expire. He said everything was going to transition smoothly, but if it didn't, gave me some reference number if I had to call again... Hopefully everything is ok.

We're talking about Microsoft here. They would not risk bad publicity for a few dollars. So take it easy, and don't forget to give them a call if their system forgets about the deal.

People need to chill the fuck out. This isn't some noob trying to ask where he can get MW2 for cheap. He's trying to help out the community, and nobody was bitching about the ECA thread being in the deals forum. Jesus.

bread's done
Back