Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Out Now!

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#91 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:20 PM

http://www.gamespot....ws&subj=6331216

Hmmmm

This shit for real? The Fuck? I played it for the first time a couple years ago when the translation patch came out and it's at least an 8, if not a 9/10. The game has held up very well. Much better than P1.

Can't argue with much in there.

Spoiler

RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#92 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:49 PM

lol
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#93 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:11 PM

i will paass.. it will be 20 bucks by thanksgivng somewhere or in a buy 1 get 1 50% off deal

may just try to have an open slot on gameflly and rent it off them

love to see this game get matched with FATE in a buy 1 get 1 deal

my PSP is almost shot (have a 2 year warrenty on it) so it can go back to best buy... Going to wait to around thanksgiving to buy another PSP since i wont pay more then 100 or less for a dead system
WOOOO I STINK

#94 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:03 PM

This shit for real? The Fuck? I played it for the first time a couple years ago when the translation patch came out and it's at least an 8, if not a 9/10. The game has held up very well. Much better than P1.

Spoiler

Yea, P1 didn't hold up for shit, IMO. I played it about 1/2 way though and just couldn't get into it so I sold it. And somebody said it spiked in price. No fuckin' way. You've gotta be a liar. That was cheap for the longest time. No fuckin' way.
Posted Image

#95 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:21 AM

Almost preordered this, while picking up Move stuff from Gamestop.

I'm still on the fence: Having not really enjoyed the first Persona, paying $40 day one, and only to see it drop to $20.

My only drive to get this is having Persona, Persona 3 FES on the PS2/backlog, and having missed out on the other half of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. When EP was available/reprinted at Gamestop a long time ago.

#96 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:31 AM

Yea, P1 didn't hold up for shit, IMO. I played it about 1/2 way though and just couldn't get into it so I sold it. And somebody said it spiked in price. No fuckin' way. You've gotta be a liar. That was cheap for the longest time. No fuckin' way.

Then feel free to look for yourself, because in fact it did spike up in price, insane as it sounds.

Lookie...http://www.amazon.co...15996266&sr=8-5

And no my pants aren't on fire either. ;)
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#97 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:57 PM

Then feel free to look for yourself, because in fact it did spike up in price, insane as it sounds.

Lookie...http://www.amazon.co...15996266&sr=8-5

And no my pants aren't on fire either. ;)

man i should dump my sealed copy with the soundtrack before it crashes ... i got another copy off goozex cart only i could play
WOOOO I STINK

#98 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:32 PM

Lookie...[URL]http://www.amazon.co...15996266&sr=8-5[/URL

lolwut
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#99 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:48 AM

lolwut

Makes no sense....at all. (about the price increase)

I can see why Eternal Punishment spiked up when IS was announced for remake (and the fan translation) but P1 no, that confuses me a lot.

Next week = Persona 2 goodness.
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#100 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:26 AM

I can see why Eternal Punishment spiked up when IS was announced for remake (and the fan translation) but P1 no, that confuses me a lot.

Well P1 is related to P2 (characters from 1 return in P2)

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#101 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:09 PM

A month ago the cheapest new copies were in the $35 range - and there were a bunch of them. I guess all but the most overpriced ones sold. :lol:

#102 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:08 PM

man sucks gamefly was to get this game on the 21th so i though Send back all of my games saturday gamefly will have my account zeroed out..

now they are getting it MONDAY the 19th so by the time my games get back all the copies will be rented out. slim chance both my games get fast scanned on monday and they ship it monday.. love to see this happen or some games left over and a copy ships out tuesday but doubtful

Tempted to buy it for 40 BUT dont think its worth 40 if im getting Joker 2 tomorrow ....

by the time i beat joker Maybe this game be down to 30 or lower or in a buy 1 get 1 50% off amazon deal
WOOOO I STINK

#103 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:20 PM

Anyone else pick this up? The music is better than I was expecting, and goddamn this encounter rate really is that bad. Doesn't seem to be too hard though, so I'll probably stick it out.

#104 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

Just got it in the mail from Amazon today. Can't wait to tear open and play it, but I've got other stuff to do first.

Good to hear that the difficulty seems reasonable so far.

Will post impressions later when i dig into it.
Posted Image

#105 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:33 PM

I preordered this in July and have Prime, and yet it's only set to be here tomorrow. Oh well, I'm still playing through Xenoblade anyway. I'll probably play through Solatorobo first though because I know I am going to love this game and thus won't be in a rush to resell.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#106 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:07 AM

Just got this last night, but haven't been able to play it until now. Looking forward to seeing how it improves upon the first game, which I enjoyed for what it was.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#107 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:40 AM

LOL gamefly shows Now now now ... so i upgrade to get it shipped out and as soon as i pay 7 bucks to get another game out the game goes to VERY LOW

went into live chat with gamefly and they mostly told me to go #)*)*#$# off.

i think im done with gamefly as soon as my membership is up after what happened today..

also copied the picture before and after i extended my membershp and sent it off to the bbb

I can see something going from NOW To VERY LOW in hours but within seconds .. its like they were pushing this as NOW to get people to upgrade even though they know they had no copies left.

I will now have to wait for a sale... (wont pay more then 29.99 for it) or see if gamefly ships it tomorrow doubtful
WOOOO I STINK

#108 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:06 AM

Yeah my copy is sitting 3ft from me at the moment, cardboard case got a little crushed in transit. Listened to the music sampler, could've been better (unless they are releasing the OST locally, why not do a better selection?)

Now it can go with my copies of Persona 2 (IS & EP) for PS1 I have. I'll play it a bit tonight just to see what it's like compared to the other version.

#109 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:36 PM

anyone know what is wrong with amazon

Item Under Review
While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

Can no longer order it from amazon
WOOOO I STINK

#110 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:02 PM

anyone know what is wrong with amazon

Item Under Review
While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

Can no longer order it from amazon

Might be because the box the game comes in is getting damaged in the mail because they were fucktards who shipped it in an envelope instead of a box. My box is slightly damaged but I'm not one of those people who really cares. If I did care though, I would be pissed.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#111 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:17 PM

Played up to the point where the kids get their Personas and it's good so far. I like that walking through the school isn't a first-person thing, so I can see the environment more easily now.

#112 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:46 PM

Might be because the box the game comes in is getting damaged in the mail because they were fucktards who shipped it in an envelope instead of a box. My box is slightly damaged but I'm not one of those people who really cares. If I did care though, I would be pissed.

man i hope that means we will see these Soon in AWD for like 25 or less (doubtful)
WOOOO I STINK

#113 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:25 AM

Me too, the bloody cardboard case will be put someplace anyway out of my way, so I really couldn't care less about that.

I played about two hours tonight (last time I tried it was my PS1 copy on an emu ages ago when I got IS) and was really intrigued by the story and all of the cross-over from other games
Spoiler
(which they really should have kept doing since it was cool)

If possible, I'd recommend installing the game data though, the load times started to annoy me after awhile. Otherwise I look forward to spending time playing it and its sequel in the near future (into DQ8 at the moment) lots of intriguing stuff in the game, that makes you want to keep playing (plus how cool is
Spoiler
as a villain? They don't make cool villains like that anymore.

#114 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:41 PM

Played quite a bit more and finished the first dungeon. Good game so far, though I'm still not a fan of the increased reliance on chatting with demons in order to get new Persona. You have to grind eager responses out of them to get more cards out of them to spend on summoning new Persona in the Velvet Room. It seems like it's a bit easier to get good results out of them, but it still feels like fighting is that thing you do when you get bored with contacting demons. I can see why this series took a break and was retooled for Persona 3, as it's very complex and tedious even for a monster-collecting JRPG on the PS1.

I do like that it's more of a sequel to the first game than 3 or 4 seem to be for the PS1 games.

#115 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:23 PM

This game doesn't make you grind for demons nearly as much as EP. You're fine with the story demons you get for most of the game.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#116 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:03 AM

sucks i upgrade my gamefly account today since it shows NOW .. as soon as i upgrade the game GOES TO LOW

seems i will never get it .. (since amazon said they will NOT carry this game until Mid oct)

UPDATE Tuesday

Gamefly went from low to MED and it shipped... jumped on KEEP IT NOW.. with the credits i had saved up got it for little over 20 bucks shipped....

SWEET>.... should have it Thursday but wont play it for a week due to

DSI BREAK TACTICS THAT IS A FUN GAME

Edited by slidecage, 28 September 2011 - 02:51 AM.

WOOOO I STINK

#117 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:15 AM

sucks i upgrade my gamefly account today since it shows NOW .. as soon as i upgrade the game GOES TO LOW

seems i will never get it .. (since amazon said they will NOT carry this game until Mid oct)

UPDATE Tuesday

Gamefly went from low to MED and it shipped... jumped on KEEP IT NOW.. with the credits i had saved up got it for little over 20 bucks shipped....

SWEET>.... should have it Thursday but wont play it for a week due to

DSI BREAK TACTICS THAT IS A FUN GAME

Sucks you had such a hard time getting a hold of it and that Amazon did such a piss poor job of shipping it properly (and people were being too damn picky about a stupid cardboard box, I like mint condition things too, but for Fuck's sake...) and that you (and others I'd say) had such a hard time getting a hold of the game. Bet that didn't help the sales on the game, that's all Atlus needs is a hallmark title of one of their most popular series not selling well due to cardboard box issues...:roll:

But at least you have a copy now and that's what is important. :)

#118 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

Almost 20 hours in and loving it so far. The story & characters really are that good. Encounter rate hasn't bothered me much because I contact instead of battling about half the time. Truthfully, the dungeons would be really short if the encounter rate wasn't what it was.

#119 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:31 PM

http://blog.hardcore...nocent-sin.html
Somewhat unfortunately, it sounds like they cut the Climax Theatre Quest-Creation feature out of the US version. It's not a major loss, since it was something that was apparently added for the PSP version, and its removal doesn't detract too much from the package. As the blog post above points out, more unfortunate is that Atlus is sticking with the "Well, even though it was in the Japanese version, we didn't promise it..." when the bigger sin is that they didn't say anything about this removal before release. Even the topic on their own forums regarding the feature was posted on 9/2, while AtlusAram and the other Atlus employees didn't respond until today, 9/28, to confirm the feature's removal.

As I said before, the removed content is unfortunate, though not a deal-breaker. How they went about its removal (silently, with no transparency whatsoever), however, is another issue.

When the PSP port of Persona 2: Innocent Sin was announced earlier this year, Andriasang unveiled a few new features added specifically to the port, including the Climax Theatre, complete with new subquests and the ability to download extra missions and create your own quests.

Sound kind of cool? Well, the subquests are still there, but Atlus removed the DLC and mission creation from the North American localization and neglected to tell anyone. The official explanation can be found at Atlus' forums, which includes these quotes:

"As has been the case with other similar games and their custom content features, a number of challenges—technical and otherwise—prevented the inclusion of the basic creation/customization functionality within the Climax Theatre for the North American release of Persona 2: Innocent Sin for PSP System."

"And, before people ask, no, we really can't go into the "why"s and "what happened"s here, but it was not a decision made lightly, and it was not a case of something being removed just because we're the Big Bad Publisher that hates fun."

"The only thing I want to add here is that this [quest creation being in the NA version] isn't true. At no point from the NA announcement to the release was the Quest Creation aspect mentioned in any press releases, Faithful blasts, or website updates."

This does little to clarify the matter. Functionally, it's probably not all that big of a deal, because many players probably wouldn't have used it anyway. (I know I wouldn't.) It's certainly nothing approaching the Snow Queen quest from the original Persona, which was a huge part of the game and was hacked out of the original English PSOne release, but included properly in the PSP version. As noted by them, technically the quest creation was never announced as being part of the NA version, but Atlus should probably realize that a good number of their fans read import blogs like Siliconera and Andriasang, heard about it there, and assumed that it would make it in (like the forum poster that brought up this issue!) But the biggest concern is that Atlus USA did nothing to say contrary up front, thereby committing the sin of omission. It's a no-win situation if they can't include it, but they preferred to go the skeezy route by letting people buy it and find it missing, rather than deal with a minor fan uprising before release and having them swear off purchasing it (though they likely still would've bought it anyway.)

Edited by Cao Cao, 29 September 2011 - 08:15 AM.

#120 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:37 PM

Holy Christ, Atlus pulled this stunt?! Of all companies?! I wouldn't mind that much but they didn't fucking tell anyone until people were wondering where it was. Wow Atlus. Just. fucking. wow.

Xseed and Aksys are apparently the only two reputable localizers left in the business. Even Sega was more upfront about Yakuza 3 being cut apart.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi