Photo
- - - - -

Buy 2, Get 1 Free Select Games at Amazon: Fable III, TFU II, NBA 2k11, NHL 11 & More

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#31 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:50 PM

Seriously, i have had my SIms 3 and Fable 3 preorder in for a long time, recieved both yesterday. Then now they post this deal. What about the people who preordered long ago ( had faith and stock in the company to do so) and then now they should get a free game. Im on the phone now, i hope they accept my request to get this game for free. Because i have been a faithful customer for many a moon. I deserve to be treated like every other non pre-ordering customer.
Posted Image
NINTENDO ID: Bigst3ph3n
Part of THE MEDIOCRE NATION: THE MEDIOCRE SHOW
Twitter: @bigst3ph3n -- RIP 2pac, BIG and Sega Dreamcast.

#32 crewj

crewj

from peru to cebu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:50 PM

<3 where this is going...

*hits f5 for the unfolding drama*

#33 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:53 PM

Nice deal. I would consider getting Fable 3, Force Unleashed 2, and NBA 2K11, but all of my game time is dedicated to New Vegas and Reach right now. Even at $40 a pop, it's not worth putting money down on games I probably won't get to until around the holidays.

I'd consider telling someone to pick them up as my Christmas present, but I'm kind of iffy on 2K11. I am only really interested in the Jordan stuff. Sounds like something I'm better off renting or picking up when the next version comes out.

#34 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:59 PM

Wow that's not just limited but EXTREMELY limited. I'll definitely wait and see if they let us do either a bigger variety or any B2G1.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#35 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:07 PM

Yep, i understand what people are saying on the...you should be nice to Customer service, but damn this deal is shady. i have had fable 3 and Sims 3 preordered for ever and then lss then 24 hrs later they run a buy 2 get one free.

I sat on the customer service for 20 mins, no luck and the lady was extrememly rude. I looked at my previous orders in the past year and yep... 4,200 dollars worth of stuff bought. Thought id deserve at least a little respect...
Posted Image

#36 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:25 PM

I preordered MoH and Fable 3, it would be nice to have gotten TFU2 for free.

#37 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:28 PM

yeah i preordered moh too, but since fable 3 and sims 3 came out on same day... and less then 24 hrs later this deal pops. Man super shady. imo.
Posted Image

#38 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:39 PM

FYI, you can buy multiples of the same game. So, if you're stuck on choices and your friend wants a copy... ;)

#39 panasonic

panasonic

Joanna Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:56 PM

I recommend waiting on this. Target has a buy 2 get 1 free next week on everything i think. So Amazon will probably match that for sure.

#40 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:01 PM

I recommend waiting on this. Target has a buy 2 get 1 free next week on everything i think. So Amazon will probably match that for sure.

damn!! really??? thats awesome but are you sure amazon would match that???

#41 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:05 PM

Oh shit, I just bought 2 copies of SW:TFU2:CE:PS3. I might have to emailed them to get my 3rd free! That's the reason I love AMAZON for LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#42 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:14 PM

Oh shit, I just bought 2 copies of SW:TFU2:CE:PS3. I might have to emailed them to get my 3rd free! That's the reason I love AMAZON for LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they haven't shipped, just cancel the order and re-order 3x.

Contacting the CS can be a crapshoot.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#43 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:16 PM

No I can't I had the best price already.

#44 shorj998

shorj998

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:22 PM

yeah i preordered moh too, but since fable 3 and sims 3 came out on same day... and less then 24 hrs later this deal pops. Man super shady. imo.

it's not "shady." it's just a new promotion to match other retailers. you do have a point though, and it can't hurt to give them a call.

#45 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:27 PM

This is very tempting...TFU 2, MOH, Fable III, and The Sims 3. Problem is i can see most of them being 50% off during Black Friday or AT LEAST $40(which is how much they'd be if i bought them now).

#46 LakersForLife82481

LakersForLife82481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:28 PM

really wish they had new vegas on this deal...Would have bought TFU2, Sims 3, and that :(. Already bought 2k11 and Svr2011 on release day...
Posted Image

#47 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:31 PM

it's not "shady." it's just a new promotion to match other retailers.

Exactly. I hate when people throw around words that do not describe a situation. How in the world is anything about a legitimate company running a promotion shady? I tell you what. I was just down in Atlantic City, and some dude on the Boardwalk runs up to me and my girlfriend and begs us to buy cigarettes from him. That's shady. This isn't shady. Does it suck if you just bought two or three of these games? Sure does. But that, unfortunately, is life.

#48 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:53 PM

Tempted to get Fable 3 and Force Unleashed 2, but there's not really a third game there I really want.

#49 Marconi88

Marconi88

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:21 PM

I'll wait until Sunday I take a trip to Target.

#50 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:32 PM

they're matching Best Buy's deal.

Can you elaborate on this?

I'd love to get in on this for Fable 3 and SwTFU2, but that's about all I care about in the deals and I fully expect both to be $40 or less on BF.

#51 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:39 PM

Can you elaborate on this?

I'd love to get in on this for Fable 3 and SwTFU2, but that's about all I care about in the deals and I fully expect both to be $40 or less on BF.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=276437

#52 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:41 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=276437

Yeah thanks I found it in the BF thread. I expected it to be linked in the stickied best buy thread and when it wasn't I got confused.

#53 SailorDaravon

SailorDaravon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:59 PM

Hope they match Target next week, if New Vegas was in this batch I'd be sorely tempted.

#54 Jonsoncao

Jonsoncao

Teh Professor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:01 AM

NBA, NHL, and MoH are most likely gonna be less than $40 during BF
Fable III is gonna get a Platinum release which includes all the DLCs sometime next year, and is going to be under $20 like Fable II, similar for SWTFU II
Posted Image

#55 Kush

Kush

Pixelated Sausage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:17 AM

If they only had Rock Band 3 I would have bitten... I do want to play NBA 2K11, but I never feel comfortable buying sports games at full price (even though this sale would make it $40).

#56 knightimages

knightimages

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:31 AM

Stay on Target!

#57 imacjenn

imacjenn

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:33 AM

FYI - Pay attention if you are biting on this deal. SWFU2 main "Add to Cart" button is currently being sold by "River Road" - which also lists free shipping, and makes it a little more difficult to tell that it's not being sold directly by Amazon. Amazon still seems to have it in stock, and shows up under "more buying choices." Though not paty of this deal, RB3 also shows up like that even though Amazon has it in stock. Is this a new thing by Amazon - listing the lowest price as the main option even if Amazon itself has it in stock?

There is also a nice $6 price drop on Fable 3 already, however, if you're buying it separately.

#58 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:42 AM

I'm debating on getting SW:TFU2, Fable III, Smackdown 2011. Was thinking of doing this with the Best buy, but free shipping and no tax makes this very nice.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#59 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:42 AM

Unfortunately there's a crap selection

Agree :(

#60 NegativeZero

NegativeZero

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:49 AM

I honestly think I may be the only one who doesnt give a crap about any of the games coming out this week. Am I alive?

http://zerofigures.wordpress.com

"He should have those magic b!tches all over his jock" - CheapyD, CagCast #168