Photo
- - - - -

Buy 2, Get 1 Free Select Games at Amazon: Fable III, TFU II, NBA 2k11, NHL 11 & More

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#61 Kush

Kush

Pixelated Sausage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:56 AM

I may have to bite now with the slight price cuts along with free shipping/no tax (Chicago sales tax sucks the big one)... I could get (all 360) Fable III, The Sims 3, and NBA 2K11 for $113. That is a pretty good deal.

#62 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:05 AM

nothing for me =(

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#63 IronSerif

IronSerif

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:08 AM

Aw man too bad Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition isn't included in this deal :(

#64 ivos

ivos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:19 AM

Do not forget that if you are reward zone member Best buy will give you 500 points ($10) reward certificate for each newly released games purchised this week (Atlist most are included). In addition if you spend $150 it is additional $10 certificate. Also most of the new games in Best buy comes with extra exclusive dlc content this week as well. Having in mind that you can pick up at the store and free shuipping on most new games the Best Buy offer may end up to be much bettter after all. It just depoends what are you buying. So my advice is check both offers before you buy. For me Best buy offer worked better. It was cheapper (After expected reward certificates ) and also I got all exclusive DLC content.

#65 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:41 AM

waiting to hear back from amazon. i really hope they promo me my game.

will update with what they say, the lady i talked to on the phone was a bitch.
Posted Image
NINTENDO ID: Bigst3ph3n
Part of THE MEDIOCRE NATION: THE MEDIOCRE SHOW
Twitter: @bigst3ph3n -- RIP 2pac, BIG and Sega Dreamcast.

#66 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:53 AM

Anyone recommend Sims 3?
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#67 Animefalcon

Animefalcon

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:49 AM

too bad i already have MOH for the PS3 and PC, as well as the sims 3 on the pc)

i just finished playing TFU2 at work as well (big disappointment, can we stop with CUT AND PASTE level design)

fable 3 i want on the pc

o well maybe there will be a epic after xmas sale on steam like last year

#68 DS9

DS9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:10 AM

No Fable 3 CE or TFU CE XBox !!!!!! FAIL ordering from bestbuy.com later instead.

#69 Porksta

Porksta

Sillier Mofo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:32 AM

Anyone know if MoH is still the LE or not?
I am famous for getting CheapyD to watch Swollen Tip while he was broadcasting live.

#70 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:01 AM

Not one game I want from this sale so I'm safe. That's good I should save my credit for next month anyway.

#71 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:48 AM

Ah man I already applied my Reach credit to Fable III. Oh well, I heard SWTFU2 wasn't that good anyways but I wouldn't mind picking up NHL 11 or The Sims game.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#72 Torusan

Torusan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:12 PM

Seriously Amazon. There's no need to PM a crappy deal... I would much rather buy one or two games at 15% off than pay full price for two games and get a free game I don't want...

#73 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:17 PM

I honestly think I may be the only one who doesnt give a crap about any of the games coming out this week. Am I alive?

I'm with you. Vanquish and New Vegas are the only interesting games this season.

#74 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:36 PM

I want Fable III and I'd like NBA 2k11 eventually (but it's not even worth it to me in a b2g1 sale, I may even wait until next year and buy it really cheap...just want to try out the Jordan mode) but nothing else really. I mean I may get TFU II at some point, but way down the line, and the same for Sims 3. I don't think I'll ever buy a wrestling game new again until they make some BIG changes (people think Madden is bad?) and Medal of Honor could be a pick up used or cheap in the distant future.

Ugh, now what's really interesting is the prospect of them doing a "real" b2g1 next week or the week after. A lot of people are already pissed since they reserved some of these games and missed the deal...I can only imagine if they do a better b2g1 soon.

If I get Fable III the best place looks to be KMart since you get a $20 coupon with it...

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#75 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:41 PM

I guess it won't be here on Saturday until next Monday.

Spoiler

#76 kroberts11

kroberts11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:58 PM

Ugh. I'm only really interested in FIFA 11 and MOH. This same deal happened last year and ended up being one of my bday presents from my mom, but I don't know if it's worth it this year. Wish they had Reach or something on there.

#77 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:04 PM

Ugh. I'm only really interested in FIFA 11 and MOH. This same deal happened last year and ended up being one of my bday presents from my mom, but I don't know if it's worth it this year. Wish they had Reach or something on there.

I think a good way for them to do it would be "buy any two on the list and choose any game sold by Amazon for your free game".

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#78 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:15 PM

Good things come to those who wait. Fine so the fact that it is put in a deal like not even a week after launch kinda sucks for you. But honestly they are just trying to match Best Buy this week and Target next. This is not to different from waiting a few weeks for a 20 dollar price drop or some such thing. If you are this upset that you paid full price to get the game on release, then you should have waited to get the game period.

#79 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:22 PM

Good things come to those who wait. Fine so the fact that it is put in a deal like not even a week after launch kinda sucks for you. But honestly they are just trying to match Best Buy this week and Target next. This is not to different from waiting a few weeks for a 20 dollar price drop or some such thing. If you are this upset that you paid full price to get the game on release, then you should have waited to get the game period.

Thanks for your opinion that nobody asked for. In some peoples cases (like mine with Fable 3) it was less than 24 hours, or less than 2 days if you count from when it shipped. I shouldn't have waited to get anything because I didnt want or have to.

People are throwing out their opinions when the reality is it's no different than going to a store to return a game and then rebuy with the deal (which is also an option with the Amazon deal but of course it's more of a process).

#80 ScottBigGame

ScottBigGame

CAG 4-Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:29 PM

Thanks for your opinion that nobody asked for. In some peoples cases (like mine with Fable 3) it was less than 24 hours, or less than 2 days if you count from when it shipped. I shouldn't have waited to get anything because I didnt want or have to.

People are throwing out their opinions when the reality is it's no different than going to a store to return a game and then rebuy with the deal (which is also an option with the Amazon deal but of course it's more of a process).

Dude you paid $60 - $20 credit...essentially the same as buy 2 get 1 free. If I wanted Fable 3 I would have rather pre-ordered and got the $20 credit rather than putting out $120 up front. If you were to return the game you would have to give them the gift card back.

You got a good deal to begin with and your bitching is just annoying.
Posted Image

#81 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:32 PM

And no one on here asked to hear about all the complaining going on because they just ordered it. If they truly have a problem with this, then they can return it and re-buy it. We don't really need to be hearing all this complaining.

#82 ScottBigGame

ScottBigGame

CAG 4-Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:58 PM

You keep bringing up the $20 credit which I already talked about (was told to keep it even after telling them to take it off my account)..I know it was a good deal. B2G1 is an even better deal. I never had to bitch to anyone. I just had to try 4 times to get them to do it, and the only thing in this thread I said was that it's irritating that it's in a b2g1 the day after I bought it. Thats it. If you wouldnt find that at all irritating good for you.

Do you want my $20 credit? Pick a game, send me the amount minus $20, and it's yours.

I won't post again since its off topic.

I'm happy you got them to change the deal for you, but you were posting like a douche yesterday and since they left the $20 gift card on as a mistake, Amazon will be more reluctant to post new deals. Remember when they did price guarantees or maybe the ECA discount codes? When we take advantage deals start to go away.
Posted Image

#83 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:08 PM

I won't post again since its off topic.

I'm happy you got them to change the deal for you, but you were posting like a douche yesterday and since they left the $20 gift card on as a mistake, Amazon will be more reluctant to post new deals. Remember when they did price guarantees or maybe the ECA discount codes? When we take advantage deals start to go away.

Ok I wont post again on it either and I know what you're saying. I dont think I was posting like a douche (until smittys post and then yes I got defensive and so was) and it just wasnt a mistake that they left the credit, unless you consider what the CS rep did a mistake.

#84 steveliv

steveliv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:09 PM

I bought Fable 3, NBA2k11(ps3), and NBA2k11(360). I'm keeping fable 3 and trading the other two back in.

Items: $163.97
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$20.00 (Halo Reach Credit)
Promotion Applied: -$53.99

Total Before Tax: $89.98
Total: $89.98
Gift Certificate/Card: -$25.00 (Got this from mypoints for clicking links and surveys)
Order Total: $64.98

Trades:
NBA 2K11 (PS3) $39.00
NBA 2K11 (360) $39.00

I'm spending $64.98, but I am getting $78 back in credit. So it's like amazon is giving me $13 plus fable 3.

#85 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:27 PM

I'm spending $64.98, but I am getting $78 back in credit. So it's like amazon is giving me $13 plus fable 3.

Ok well total = about $110 spent for Fable 3 + $78

110 - 78 = $32 for Fable 3. Thats how I'd do the math anyway. Still not bad.

#86 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:32 PM

I bought Fable 3, NBA2k11(ps3), and NBA2k11(360). I'm keeping fable 3 and trading the other two back in.

Items: $163.97
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$20.00 (Halo Reach Credit)
Promotion Applied: -$53.99

Total Before Tax: $89.98
Total: $89.98
Gift Certificate/Card: -$25.00 (Got this from mypoints for clicking links and surveys)
Order Total: $64.98

Trades:
NBA 2K11 (PS3) $39.00
NBA 2K11 (360) $39.00

Nice, a fellow mypoints whore. That's how I've got $100 in amazon g/cs for black friday this year.

#87 G3 Steve-O

G3 Steve-O

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

I had gotten Fable 3 and SWFU2 CE(PS3). Didnt know about the deal till after they shipped. I contacted AMAZON and they are allowing me to purchase a 3rd game from that list and once it ships they will refund Card. I ordered Sims 3. Yeah, I know. I love the Sims, but hate laying games on PC. So this was the only way.

Not into Hocky, or Soccer, already have NBA 2k11, MOH is garbage, dont watch WWE, Skateboarding games NOT CALLED SKATE are bad, and I dont have a DS, and I only get 1st party games for Wii. So Sims was also the only last choice for me anyways.
"The Blackest Eyes. The Devil's Eyes."
- Dr. Loomis - Halloween

#88 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:24 PM

aw it looks like they took off the SWTFU2 $10 coupon. That or I'm just blind.

SteamWidget.PNG

#89 steveliv

steveliv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:48 PM

Ok well total = about $110 spent for Fable 3 + $78

110 - 78 = $32 for Fable 3. Thats how I'd do the math anyway. Still not bad.

i'm not counting the gift certificate and reach promo because they were free to me.

#90 bigloser

bigloser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:50 PM

Just a heads up, but Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 still has the $10 credit added if you order it, so you get that credit as well.

Another heads up, the game isn't very good.