Call of Duty Black Ops for £20, or £25 off anything else they sell

John

Administrator
Staff member
Feedback
10 (100%)
Edit: The codes have been removed at Woolworth's request.

---------
This is pretty much the same as the very.co.uk new member codes out there (it's the same company), which normally we wouldn't post here. But since you can pay via PayPal, I thought this one is worth looking at. Just be aware that they have tried shenanigans in the past with trying to retroactively disable codes, so while it might be worth a punt that's something to bear in mind.

However, definitely don't try and register for another account to use these code again if you've already done so in the past. (I think they're doing address based checking to prevent this, which is why some people aren't able to place an order.)
---------

UPDATE: Woolworths got in touch and asked us to remove the codes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried it, and it went through! :) My brother will be really pleased if this actually works. And me and my dad will be even more pleased, because it means we won't have to go to a store at midnight. :p

it worked :D now i dont need to go to the shops and trade in anything, and i still have money left over. couldnt thank you enough :D

[quote name='CycloneDS']Sorry! Redone and works a treat...Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

What did you do to fix this mate? (I'm getting the same error)

when i try to enter the code i get the code with a hyphen next to it with the text in red and no discount is applied, however when i enter the free delivery code it places that discount on for delivery, any ideas guys?

[quote name='NotPotter']when i try to enter the code i get the code with a hyphen next to it with the text in red and no discount is applied, however when i enter the free delivery code it places that discount on for delivery, any ideas guys?[/QUOTE]

Ever ordered anything from Woolworths, very.co.uk or Littlewoods before?

Nope! I have tried two different email addresses, site is buggy as hell though, especially when using firefox

Must be on a postcode basis, just retried with my parents address and went through fine as £25, would advise using IE to place order though, everytime i tried opening a differnt page when viewing the site in firefox it kept trying to download .jsp files

This is a nice deal if it works, but be wary. A few weeks ago, I ordered some Xbox Live Arcade Points through Woolworths using this code, but they ended up cancelling the order. I had to wait several days for a PayPal refund as well. The same thing happened to a lot of other people as well. From what I can gather, so many people caught wind of the deal that Woolworths ended up cancelling a lot of orders, leaving plenty of disappointed customers at the end of it all. Still, I hope things work out better for everyone this time.

[quote name='Bobfoc']This is a nice deal if it works, but be wary. A few weeks ago, I ordered some Xbox Live Arcade Points through Woolworths using this code, but they ended up cancelling the order. I had to wait several days for a PayPal refund as well. The same thing happened to a lot of other people as well. From what I can gather, so many people caught wind of the deal that Woolworths ended up cancelling a lot of orders, leaving plenty of disappointed customers at the end of it all. Still, I hope things work out better for everyone this time.[/QUOTE]

Legally that is questionable. Contract is formed the moment money is taken. They have a legal obligation to provide you with the goods at that price. As you used paypal, that contract exists now.

Unless they've run out of stock, of course. Even pricing errors are irrelevant once money is taken!

Yeah was going to say the same thing. they've taken my money, i have a receipt and that is a legal contract. if they try anything i'll set anne robinson after them.

very cool. but, do woolworths ship outside UK? i mean, to continental EU that is... i was not able to obtain this information going though their T&C sheet.

Does anybody know what the minimum order value is for the £20 off discount? Not interested in Black Ops but other stuff catches my eye... apparently £25 isn't enough to warrant £20 off though.

^ WKD, updated your post with a better link.

Personally, I think the code issue people are having is down to Woolworths/Very/Littlewoods actually getting off their arses and implementing proper checks on addresses to prevent users from using these codes if they're already on record. The £20 off code is a new customer code, we know that much - if you ask me, the people who are getting declined now are those who would have been charged back if they attempted this with previous very.co.uk deals.

Furthermore, we know that addresses on record with very.co.uk are being prevented from using that code. Everyone I know who attempted to get the last major Woolworths deal (which ultimately they cancelled) haven't been able to use this code. Same with a few people I know who went for a Killzone 2 deal last year. It may even just be tied to the address and nothing else... i.e. if someone has lived at your address and ordered from Littlewoods before, you might be blocked.

John - What error did you get when trying to enter the coupon? Even better if you can grab a screenshot of the error? I have a plan...

[quote name='RazorD']John - What error did you get when trying to enter the coupon? Even better if you can grab a screenshot of the error? I have a plan...[/QUOTE]

No error, but the code appeared below the order in red.

[quote name='John']No error, but the code appeared below the order in red.[/QUOTE]

Ah okay. I noticed that if you're not careful, and you just do a search for Call of duty, it redirects you to woolworthsentertainment.co.uk, which won't accept the code. Worth noting..

This worked for me :) Although I did have problems with the 1st order code appearing in red and not working (think the session timed out!), so got the wife to register and it went through

[quote name='John']Furthermore, we know that addresses on record with very.co.uk are being prevented from using that code.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I'm trying to remember if I deleted that Very account now, because I tried to use a code before to get cheap Microsoft Points, then they cheekily cancelled the order and entered in a new one at full price. Fortunately, I was able to send them back for a full refund.

Well hopefully, it won't be the same story this time, as I have never had an account with Woolworths before, so I'm using the two codes legally.

hmm interesting. thanks for the code, worked for me, but does anyone know where the original code came from in the first place?

[quote name='mikelolol']worked fine for me, £25. However, I ordered it with a debit card and not paypal, is this not recommended?[/QUOTE]

It'll probably be fine, as long as you've never ordered anything from Woolworths/very.co.uk/Littlewoods before.

[quote name='Goemar']So is just for Black Ops?[/QUOTE]
no it's for anything, as long as it's over £40. i had to add some stupid mobile phone charger to bring it up to £40

[quote name='John']It'll probably be fine, as long as you've never ordered anything from Woolworths/very.co.uk/Littlewoods before.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I haven't before so it should be tight.

ordered call of duty black ops and need4speed hot pursuit (using differnt address ) only 25 pounds each get in there .
thanks guys

Just to make clear and not be a retard like myself the codes only work on woolworths.co.uk not on woolworthsentertainment.co.uk where it kept taking me DOH!!!

Use paypal if you can, these Littlewoods type sites often do strange things involving payment which are prevented by using it.

Thanks a lot for the details, i have ordered.

Can some one please explain why exactly PayPal stops 'shenanigans' by Woolies and the like? I'm just interested in where the extra 'protection' comes from.

[quote name='JimmyDeemo']Thanks a lot for the details, i have ordered.

Can some one please explain why exactly PayPal stops 'shenanigans' by Woolies and the like? I'm just interested in where the extra 'protection' comes from.[/QUOTE]

When you make a PayPal transaction, the price you pay is the price you agree to on the PayPal site. A retailer can't come back to PayPal and say they want more money... unlike with a credit card, where they can just charge you again.

[quote name='RazorD']Ah okay. I noticed that if you're not careful, and you just do a search for Call of duty, it redirects you to woolworthsentertainment.co.uk, which won't accept the code. Worth noting..[/QUOTE]
Big thanks to RazorD for spotting the search issue and my copy of Black Ops is at £25 :D

This question was asked but ignored, what are Wolworths like with thier preorder deliveries will it come the day before or on the day ? coz i Want it the day before or ill wait for the asda deal like last year.

I had already ordered black ops and I don't really trust WoolWorths to get it to me on time so I used the codes to start my Christmas shopping and got a Playstation Move controller with Resident Evil 5 Gold for my nephew for just £24! Winner!

[quote name='Jinkolite']This question was asked but ignored, what are Wolworths like with thier preorder deliveries will it come the day before or on the day ? coz i Want it the day before or ill wait for the asda deal like last year.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what they are like for delivery, everything seems to point to the release day though.

If its anything like MW2 then the publisher issued an embargo on early deliveries so most of the larger shops would follow that, if the same was in place for BlOps.

bread's done
Back