Left 4 Dead (1 & 2) 50% off on Steam

Oh man, both L4D's for $7.50? I forget what L4D was offered for in the last sale, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't as low as this.

I'll be watching for 4-Pack champions.

[quote name='BitLooter']Thanks for posting. I'll hold out until L4D is $5 again, though.[/QUOTE]
Was it offered for $5? Whatever the case may be, I'm totally waiting for the Holiday Sale, at the very least. These are certainly nice prices, though.

Steam is making my "skimping until the Holiday Sale" plan difficult, though.

[quote name='ral1121']How much was left 4 dead 1 and 2 with that last big special they had???[/QUOTE]

it was a few weeks ago where L4D1 & 2 were bundle for 10.xx . i believe they were 6.xx each without the bundle

[quote name='ral1121']how much was left 4 dead 1 and 2 with that last big special they had???[/quote]

$6.79 each

around $10 for the bundle

Yes. But on relatively low settings. So don't expect to get smooth gameplay with a high resolution, especially with that GPU. But it should still be able to run it.

[quote name='scarhawk']Yes. But on relatively low settings. So don't expect to get smooth gameplay with a high resolution, especially with that GPU. But it should still be able to run it.[/QUOTE]

how bad does it look on low settings? should i go for the deal or wait??

i was also waiting on some deals for the xbox 360 on these games but 7 dollars each for both sounds good.

If I were you I'd invest in a better computer. But here's how it should look like: Low Res Shot
Notice how the gun looks bland with no detail. That kind of stuff is what you'll get at Low resolution.

[quote name='scarhawk']If I were you I'd invest in a better computer. But here's how it should look like: Low Res Shot
Notice how the gun looks bland with no detail. That kind of stuff is what you'll get at Low resolution.[/QUOTE]

would it still be playable? frames wise?

[quote name='ral1121']how bad does it look on low settings? should i go for the deal or wait??

i was also waiting on some deals for the xbox 360 on these games but 7 dollars each for both sounds good.[/QUOTE]

It won't look much different than the 360 version. I was surprised how bad the 360 version looked compared to the PC version. PC FTW :)

I'd wait until one of the holiday sales though if you are unsure, as it is almost guaranteed to be just as cheep and probably cheaper.

[quote name='ral1121']How much was left 4 dead 1 and 2 with that last big special they had???[/QUOTE]

I paid $10.19 for the bundle.

Yup, $5.09 each if you bought the bundle last time around. I bet they'll hit around the same price during the Christmas sale.

Still though, these games are awesome! I recommend picking at least one of them up for $10, then waiting for the other to go on sale again.

[quote name='dudejeff22']Yup, $5.09 each if you bought the bundle last time around. I bet they'll hit around the same price during the Christmas sale.[/QUOTE]

Given that the games have never been that low before, I wouldn't count on it.

I think I'll bite on 2. I'll make up the $5 I could save by waiting by skipping a trip to subway. This is a double dip for me cuz I already have it for 360, but after playing for a while I remembered ho much I hate the xbox live community. Long live steam.

Why isn't this listed under cross-platform play? I want to grab it to play with my friend, but I want to make sure him being on a PC and me being on a Mac won't be an issue.

[quote name='seanr1221']Why isn't this listed under cross-platform play? I want to grab it to play with my friend, but I want to make sure him being on a PC and me being on a Mac won't be an issue.[/QUOTE]

Though I haven't personally verified this, according to the L4D blog and other internet sources, they are cross-platform compatible:
http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=3570

bread's done
Back