Various Games on Clearance for $9.99 @ the Sony Store

Eoyote

CAGiversary!
Spotted this deal over on RFD :lol:

The Sony Store (Sony Style?) has quite a few notable games (all PS3, obviously) on clearance for $9.99. The great thing about this, is it isn't the typical clearance bin garbage you see in other stores, but actual GOOD games worth playing :applause:

Here's a list of titles:

• Africa
  • Afro Samurai
  • Army of Two
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Bayonetta
  • Bionic Commando
  • Bioshock 1
  • Bioshock 2
  • Call of Juarez
  • Dante's Inferno
  • Dark Void
  • Enchanted Arms
  • End War
  • Fear 2
  • Ghostbusters
  • Godfather
  • God of War Collection (FRENCH VERSION ONLY)
  • God of War 3 (FRENCH VERSION ONLY)
  • GTAIV
  • Guitar Hero: Metallica
  • Guitar Hero: Smash Hits
  • Hawx
  • Hellboy
  • Lego Indiana Jones (not sure if it's for the first game, or second)
  • NHL '09
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
  • Prototype
  • Pure
  • Rainbow Six Vegas 2
  • Resistance 1
  • Resistance 2
  • UFC 2009
  • Unreal Tournament 3

Note: Please keep in mind that the above list has been compiled from users' posts stating as such, so don't be surprised if it isn't 100 percent accurate. However, titles in orange are confirmed as I purchased them myself so I can vouch for their prices.

Apparently, these have been on clearance for a few days, but despite this, I was still able to find a nice selection between the 3 stores I called. Either way, I'd still suggest calling before heading out to save yourself on the gas/time/frustration. Good luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr.']I tried to get GOW Collection and the guy scanned it in as $30. YMMV?[/QUOTE]

French version only, apparently :cry:

Did they patch Bayonetta on the PS 3 ? Heard it wasn't even playable.... I would get it for sure! Good games on this list ! Nice Post

Hey Eoyote, what time did you go to the Chinook location at? I went there this evening but only found Dante's Inferno, but no Bioshock 2 (which i also wanted).

[quote name='craig64']Hmm, I may have to take a look tomorrow after work...[/QUOTE]

You can take a look but the people on RFD said all Edmonton locations are picked clean.

[quote name='zeze']Hey Eoyote, what time did you go to the Chinook location at? I went there this evening but only found Dante's Inferno, but no Bioshock 2 (which i also wanted).[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I want to say around 6:30-7:00? I noticed 2-3 copies of Bioshock 2 still sitting on the shelf when I left. When I was at the checkout with my games, one of the other employees walked over and sounded extremely surprised/excited at the price for Bioshock 2. Sounded as though he was intending to purchase a copy(ies) which may explain it's absence :bomb:

Closest Sony Store is in Markham. Nuts to that.
but I still want Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 though

[quote name='jeffx']GTAIV might seem like a good deal, but the Complete Edition is coming soon...[/QUOTE]

At a full price of $59.99 more than likely. Kind of hard to compare the two at such a large price difference even with the DLC episodes being included in the complete edition.

Awww man, I walked by the Sony Store today and had the biggest urge to go in (I rarely do), but I didn't.

:bomb:

I've already played/beat/loved GTAIV, wouldn't mind buying it for $10. I already bought Episodes from Liberty City when it was on sale at Amazon, so there's no point in me waiting for the complete collection. I might call around tomorrow, doubt any would be left though.

I got a few of these today (Bayonetta, Dante's Inferno and Bioshock 2) and the Sony rep told me most of these prices were only good for today (28th), as was the $25 gift card promo. Hope she was wrong though, these are great prices.

Various PSP and PS2 games at $5 as well. Some blurays on sale, too. Doesn't really matter anymore if it was a one day sale though!

[quote name='Wesley J']Did they patch Bayonetta on the PS 3 ? Heard it wasn't even playable.... I would get it for sure! Good games on this list ! Nice Post[/QUOTE]

There's a patch that reduced the load times, I don't know how bad they were before, as I haven't played the game pre-patch, but it's pretty good imo.

I don't have a 360, so I can't compare the PS3 version to it, but it's far from unplayable on PS3. I would go as far as to say it's one of my favorite PS3 games. I've played through the game at least 10 times, and haven't experienced any game breaking problems.

Compared to screenshots of the 360 version, the 360 version definitely looks better, but gameplay wise, I would imagine they're pretty equal, and this game is very fun. Slight slow downs some times, but nothing too major.

I think I paid $28US for mine, for $10, I'd definitely recommend you get it ;)

[quote name='matsam']I got a few of these today (Bayonetta, Dante's Inferno and Bioshock 2) and the Sony rep told me most of these prices were only good for today (28th), as was the $25 gift card promo. Hope she was wrong though, these are great prices.[/quote]

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU------

Various PSP and PS2 games at $5 as well. Some blurays on sale, too. Doesn't really matter anymore if it was a one day sale though!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-------:bomb:

[quote name='Eoyote']At a full price of $59.99 more than likely. Kind of hard to compare the two at such a large price difference even with the DLC episodes being included in the complete edition.[/QUOTE]

Instead of pulling numbers out of your....... out of thin air, Google it first.

40$ MSRP. Most likely 30$ deals within a couple months.

I prefer having everything on one disc than multiple discs / DLC so that's what I'm getting.

Has of october 29th the deal is dead. It was only for the 28th! Went this morning and ended up wasting my time so do not waste yours anymore ;-)

CURSES!!!! blast my lack of internet. I'll be getting 75 feet of cat5 cable next week and this will never happen again. oh well. next time.

EDIT: NVM just happened to read this second page :(

Why in the hell would they do it for 1 day? surely they could've advertised it better to, you know, make MORE money.

i called my local store and Africa is indeed for $9.99

The Sony Style Employee said The Beatles: Rockband Special Edition originally for $200 was going for $10 he said that can't be right but it was .. they were swiped in seconds.

Guys, this deal is NOT dead, at least in Ontario. I can confirm this because I went to a Sony Style Store myself today. However, all the good titles such as Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Bayonetta were picked clean. If the games are mis-tagged, tell the employees to scan in the game. For example, Resistance: Fall of Man was labeled at $27.99 but scanned in at $9.99. I had them also scan in Resistance 2, but it came up at the regular price of $29.99. I also had them scan in Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, but it came up at $14.99. So it may be a YMMV thing according to the store. GOW 3 [English] was also tagged at $59.99, and also scanned in at that price. I only picked up Resistance since I've been meaning to buy it for awhile. They had Tiger Woods Golf 08 for $9.99, but I passed on that.

I think this deal might be dead in Quebec however, according to posters on RFD.

[quote name='kn00tcn']dont you mean afrika?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm Army of Two as I saw it for $9.99 today as well As the Godfather. I was really looking for Afrika but, I can't find it anywhere... BLAST! If a kind CAG can grab me a copy I would cover the shipping :p

Everything decent was already gone at Kingsway in Edmonton. There were a few copies of Lost, Dark Void, and F1 Championship, but that was it.

[quote name='craig64']Everything decent was already gone at Kingsway in Edmonton. There were a few copies of Lost, Dark Void, and F1 Championship, but that was it.[/QUOTE]

F1 Championship is not bad for $10 :eek:, especially it is eligible for T2 @ Bestbuy

f1ce is on the list?
bestbuy wants it?? are you sure it's not f1 2010 from codemasters that's for T2?

too many other errands only made it to one Sony store. saw a few games GH:WT, ... can't remember the other two but I already got WT and the others I didn't want.

I did see GH:Aerosmith bundle for $100 which is insane. Next to it was a GH:WT full band set for $100. I mean a single guitar for the same price as a full band set? I LIKE GH:A and I plan to buy it again for the PS3 but that's a bit much ehh?

[quote name='Rocky071']Couldn't find Bayonetta in Edmonton :( That was the only one I was really interested in.[/QUOTE]

That's because Edmonton has at least 3 unemployed, full-time hoarders. All it takes is one and trust me, we've got a lot more than that. :cry:

resistance was the only decent game here. Wall E, Shell shock 2 and dark void were the others. PSP games weren't interesting. Oh well

been looking. Richmond Hill had some of the list but not anything I wanted so I don't remember the names.
Eaton Centre none
Yorkdale none

still hunting. tomorrow I call before I drive.

I phoned up all the stores in my area. Worst customer service EVER! They hardly knew what ps3 games were and gave bizarre responses. When asked if they had any copies of Bayonetta the response was "We don't have that yet". This makes no sense that they dont have it 'yet' given the game 8 months old. Then asked about ninja gaiden sigma 2 there was an instantaneous no response which makes no sense given they simply could not have checked in the time it took for them to formulate a response. This was the case at all the stores I called freaking annoying.

[quote name='craig64']It wasn't the 2010 one. It was an F1 game, maybe not F1 Championship. F1 game from a while ago though.[/QUOTE]

bestbuy would take a 2006 game for a trade2 promotion?

i'm sure the sony store had it, since it's exclusive & 1st party

[quote name='kn00tcn']dont you mean afrika?[/QUOTE]

Oh My ! i did spell it wrong didn't I i just realized * facepalm * my mistake well a few days ago they had a Copy of Bayonetta in as well but i decided to just get Afrika

bread's done
Back