• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:45 PM

CheapyD, you are a god among men.

#62 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:49 PM

I'm pretty excited about Kinect and Dance Central. I love dancing games and this one looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. I know most CAGs don't seem to like it, but I can't wait for the Microsoft Store to ship my $99 Kinect Sensor!

I'll also definitely be taking advantage of Target's Buy 2, Get 1 sale next week to get cheaper Kinect games and while I agree that the Kinect is expensive even with the deals, it's probably cheaper than what others have paid to play Rockband/Guitar Hero.

I think the Move/Kinect will probably succeed. The Move has been selling well in Europe/US (I think it's sold something like 2.5 million so far) and I've been pretty pleased with what's out so far along with the games on the horizon. I think the Kinect will do well (based on the pre-orders), but I think the problem will be in the number of games. However, if it sells like the analysts think it will, then developers will be quick to support it.

...I just hope Sega releases a new Space Channel 5 on either the Kinect or the Move and/or they re-release Space Channel 5 Parts 1 and 2 on the PSN/XBLA with optional Kinect/Move controls.
Posted Image

#63 monahawk217

monahawk217

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:54 PM

Episode 217 was like the japanese toilet seat with ass wash: once you listen to it you don't know how you survived before it.

Continue to VANquish the competition Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck!

#64 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:00 PM

C'mon Cheapy. You like the fact that the 360 uses fucking batteries as a point to why it's better than the PS3, and the PS3 is "inferior" because of it? What is this? 1996? :rofl: ....

You can get a 15 foot USB-b mini cable for $5 shipped from monoprice. I mean, it's cheaper/easier than having a bunch of AA batteries.
Posted Image

#65 soliddragon

soliddragon

Early Adopter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:17 PM

I completely agree about the handling in NFS: Hot Pursuit. Handling is just a bit sluggish
'Give me, One more medicated peaceful moment'
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:ds: :360: :ps3: :3ds: :wii: :pc:

Spoiler

#66 wiiheat

wiiheat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:25 PM

Get a PC and run Tribes like it's supposed to be played...

#67 H4Y4TO

H4Y4TO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:32 PM

Get a PC and run Tribes like it's supposed to be played...

^Agreed!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#68 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:44 PM

It seems to me Wombat has not played Kirby's Epic Yarn. Play that and tell me what's more adorable.

Oh, and I have DirecTV and I don't care if they pull that channel because it's not even in HD. Worthless.

Edited by KingBroly, 29 October 2010 - 09:08 PM.

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#69 Creative Name

Creative Name

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:45 PM

I was surprised and impressed that you openly rated each console. A lot of the games press pretend to not have a favorite just as they pretend to rate every game using the same sense of fairness. They are so fucking jaded it makes me jaded about how jaded they are, good show.
The above was written as part of an attempt to waste time.

#70 butaneko

butaneko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:00 PM

Wombat's descriptions of Fable 3 and Fallout: NV make both games seem utterly unappealing, which is strange since I'm 20 hours into Fallout and in love with it.

Wombat: With your impressions I think you get bogged down in the minutia (a la Red Shirt) a bit too much.

But that's just me.

#71 Jrittmayer

Jrittmayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:31 PM

Talking about Akihabara :D :D

I can't wait to go again next summer...but I'm afraid of how much I'll spend.

#72 D1wrestler07

D1wrestler07

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:32 PM

listening to the cagcast right now.... very insightful......

#73 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:33 PM

I don't get why you don't think the PSP phone isn't the PSP2 and will have PSP2 games

A different operating system doesn't mean games can't run on both...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#74 scoutjovi

scoutjovi

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:38 PM

I just started listening to the show and it is awesome. You guys are so funny and make the show really fun to listen to.

#75 hectorlaparka

hectorlaparka

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:44 PM

Hey, I want to rate my consoles too.

Keep in mind that I've only had my Xbox 360 for less than two years ( I bought it when Street Fighter Iv came out), and that I bought my PS3 a few months ago.

Xbox 360: 4, leaning towards a five. I was completely bummed when I got the RRoD five months after getting my Xbox 360, but I got my console back in less than a week (and I live in Puerto Rico, go figure). Other than that, and the annoying people who love to call me $$$$er/spic/$$$/jew whenever I'm playing against them, I must say it's a very good console. My console doesn't make any noise (weird, considering it's an older, Kung Fu Panda/ Lego Indiana Jones bundle console), and while the whole circular scratch thing that happens when you accidentally tip your console or something drops on top of it while playing a game is pretty annoying, and paying for being able to play online with your friends is pretty annoying, I can't really complain. Most of the games I own are Xbox 360 games, and it is very rare when I get a bad connection when playing online, but that has to do with my shitty Internet provider. Most people complain about the control, but I really like it. It's comfortable, it is way better for fighting games than the PS3 controller, and I can plug it in, use batteries, or use a rechargeable battery pack, and I think it's good to have as many options as possible when dealing with one of the key factors to your playing experience.

PS3: 3, leaning towards a 4.

I bought because I wanted a Blu Ray player, even though I'm using an old TV (but it looks really good, and it doesn't lag, which is awesome), and there were some games I've always wanted to play like Metal Gear Solid 4 and Demon's Souls. I was a PS2 fan-boy, and I loved 6the controller, but I don't know if it's because I haven't touched a PS2 controller in many years after my console broke down, but the controller feels pretty stiff compared to the Xbox 360 controller. I've only played Super Street Fighter IV online on the PS3, but it seems that I get better connections on the 360 than on the PS3, although somebody told me the PS3 networking thing works better when you play online with people who live in your area. I still have to play more PS3 exclusives, and while I own Super Street Fighter IV for both PS3 and Xbox 360, I tend t6o buy multi platform games for my 360 more often, since they are usually cheaper than PS3 games. Blu Ray movies look awesome and very crisp, and I'm hooked with Demon's Souls, 3D Dot Game Heroes, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, but I must say, I've still have to experience "that" game that makes me go nuts over my PS3. Also, I agree with you guys about the whole PS3 updates every time I want to play a game, or every now and then when I turn on my console. It is annoying, and while the Xbox 360 also has regular updates, they seem to be smaller in size than PS3 updates, which take like half an hour to download, which is ridiculous. Also, having to get a Bluetooth headset so you can talk with your friends on PS3 while playing is even more annoying than that cheap, Xbox 360 headset. Sure, I can get one on the cheap online, but Sony should at least bundled a cheap one with the console, like Microsoft did.

I thought about getting a Wii, but the whole "setting-up-the-sensor-bar-and-calibrate-your-Wiimote" things is a turn off for me. There are games I would love to play like Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Sin & Punishment, or New Super Mario Bros, but I can't justify getting a Wii right now. I can't say it is not tempting, especially when that new, Red Wii bundle is just around the corner, but I don't think I'm going to use it as much as I should.

Also, I really want to try out Fable III and Fallout: New Vegas, since those are the only "holiday season" games I'm kind of stoked about, but I haven't finished Fallout 3 (or the expansions), and I just recently started playing Fable II, so I guess I should finish what I have. I'm more interested in what Fable III has to offer, since Fallout: New Vegas looks exactly like Fallout 3, but I would love to try them as soon as I get rid of my backlog.

Last, but not least. I'm not into cellphones (I don't own one), and I'm not an analyst, but the PSP Phone reminds me of the N-gage. Sure, it is a nice idea, but considering it runs Android, which I guess is what most phones (except for the IPhone) use, I don't really see people going apeshit for it, like they do for anything Apple related over here. Hopefully, I'm wrong, but I don't see the average person, who is probably not a gamer, harassing his mobile service provider to stock up on PSP Phones so he or she can get one when there are so many better (or worse) options out there who appeal to a broader spectrum of consumers out there

Anyways, Happy Halloween, everyone.

#76 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:55 PM

I feel like the ass washing toilet company should be sponsoring the CAGcast, you guys give them a ton of good pub and talk about poop a lot.

#77 NateWhs152

NateWhs152

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:08 PM

I would love to win a game, then again who wouldn't. Insightful comment, huh, great job. To be honest it kinda sucked almost going two weeks without a show. Thanks for jumping on and making time to have a show. You guys rock, Shipwreck I would love to hear more of your Japanese fun you may or may not have had.

#78 Falion

Falion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:30 PM

Cheapy missed a perfectly good opportunity to say, "After Shipwreck used my toilet, his buttcheeks was warm." :D

I totally agree with Cheapy's criticisms of the PS3. It's so annoying to have to charge my controller using that tiny little cable that came with the system. I never have that problem with my Wii or 360 controllers, since I can simply put in a spare pair of batteries.

#79 liberaltugboat

liberaltugboat

Don't Tug on Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:48 PM

Great Episode guys.
All your Rockband 3 talk really makes me want to buy it... ANOTHER plastic instrument. FML
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/LiberalTugboat

Liberating the world... one Tug at a time.

#80 Jake Tower

Jake Tower

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:24 PM

Wombat's "news snark" tweets are usually pretty lulz worthy . . . I got a lot of mileage stealing his "Ninja Raiden" and "StarFox Reach" tweets during E3 this past summer. ;)
Posted Image

#81 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:43 PM

Am I the only one who liked the tank controls in the original survival horror games?

Sure, they were awful, but it really gave you that "helpless" feeling that is hard to find these days.

In a game like Deadspace, you always feel adequately equipped for any situation, making it less "survival" and more a shooting gallery.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#82 Duck in a Pond

Duck in a Pond

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:09 AM

New CAGcast wooooo!!!

#83 4est

4est

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:25 AM

Loved the show. Though I was hoping Shipwreck would have more John Snow stories.

#84 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:32 AM

Great show guys. Personally, I have gotten a fair amount of enjoyment of out the Nintendo Wii. While it doesn't have all the online features you would want in a modern system, I've drifted away from multiplayer over the years. I don't have to explain how bad people get on Xbox Live, and that has put me off from playing competitively, unless I know someone with it.

By the way, I'm surprised CheapyD didn't plug his Giantbomb page on the show. I was hoping Wombat would see it and start editing the wiki as a prank.

#85 F8X

F8X

CAG app for the Android!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:48 AM

Don't you guys think that the best way for sony to get devs to make it android base? I'm sure more devs are looking in to android as the future of mobile games.

Great show.

464374.png

#86 bredbu

bredbu

I love Lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:56 AM

I loved the show guys, I always knew you were xbox fanboys :) . Im on the other side of the fence though I love my ps3!!! way more then my xbox but everyone has their own opinions and i respect that. Keep up the good work. Oh and call me crazy but i loved resident evil 5 too, maybe just because it was the first game my wife ever played through with me.

#87 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:07 AM

Am I the only one who liked the tank controls in the original survival horror games?

Sure, they were awful, but it really gave you that "helpless" feeling that is hard to find these days.

In a game like Deadspace, you always feel adequately equipped for any situation, making it less "survival" and more a shooting gallery.

I totally agree about the controls of the original survival horror games. I also feel like these tank controls hold up better over time than the RE4/5 controls do/will.

I still Dead think Space is scary as Fuck though.

Edited by RichMeisterMan, 30 October 2010 - 01:21 AM.

#88 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:12 AM

SWTFUII is about 6hrs, story is definitely bare-bones though.

#89 ipfreely

ipfreely

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:31 AM

As video game podcasters/reviewers you feel like you have to play a lot of the new games. Have you heard the stat that only like 5% of the games sold are completed? How does an average person with a job, family, etc., who isn't into only one game a year (i.e. Madden or COD) find the time to play. I have a huge backlog and am making a vow not to buy anything until I get through it. Is the industry being overrun by Good* games (*that deserve a playthrough)? Is it setting itself up for backlash as supply outpaces demand, I mean the casual crowd brought in by the Wii fad, and soon by Kinect, are fickle and will drop these gimicks like they are hot. I'm just frustrated and overgamed.

#90 Davestation

Davestation

Dont Cross The Streams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:20 AM

I enjoyed show... as always. You guys rated the PS3 at 3 (or 4) in terms of your level(s) of satisfaction, and gave a reason why... which is fine... its each of your opinions and I do respect your opinion(s). Is it really the system that's the problem... or is it a matter of your own preference (of xbox 360)? You each raised some legitimate issues with the PS3; However I believe that if those problems were fixed (or never existed) you level(s) of satisfaction wouldn't be any different. [I can ignore the long PS3 update downloads for updates, just like how Cheapy ignored the failure rate of the 360. ]

I give the PS3 a 4.
The main thing that disappoints me with the PS3 is how developers treat the multi-platform games. They develop a game that's up to the 360 standard (of graphics, and sound, etc) and then the port for the PS3 is usually sub par. Its like every multi-platform game on PS3 is an xbox 360 game. I wish that developers would try to get the most out of the PS3 hardware, and if that means a better looking or sounding game, then so be it. In the end, it falls on Sony, because they allowed developers to create sub par software for their platform.

Here's an example:
http://www.vg247.com...ostbusters-dev/

The PS3 version of ghostbusters turned out to be sub par, and in the article the developer is indicating that basically they were dumbing down the PS3 version for the sake of the 360... which makes me feel that as much as everyone loves the 360..I wonder if it its holding back the overall quality of games (on the PS3)?

Another thing that you need to look at is that the hardware. The wii uses CD-Rom technology that was used two generations ago. The 360 is using DVD-ROM technology, the same technology that they used on the X-Box. Sony is always trying to be innovative and trying to make advances. Though, by them doing that it hurt them in sales by releasing a $600 dollar system that only helped the 360 gain a larger grip hold on the third party market. The majority of all third party games where developed for the Playstation 2 last gen because it was the best selling system. The Wii can not handle the graphics like other current gen consoles so the next in line is the 360 with the higher consumer base.

If I had to rate my overall enjoyment of all three, both PS3 and 360 would be a solid 4. The 360 has brought some good games out and has also innovated the online experience. Oh, and of course they came up with a universal bragging right of how big of a gamer you are with the Gamer Score. They have done so much right with online and creating a great community it is awesome. They have also been cock blocking Sony by getting mainly timed exclusives to the system making consumers think that it is only available on the 360. This has even mad Sony start putting "Only on Playstation" on its games two years ago. This was never done in Sony's history before.

Of course the bad things with the 360. Their overall online marketplace has hurt the consumers. We now see content on disc that is only unlocked by purchasing the DLC for it to unlock. Their over all Microsoft Points system is confusing to consumers and the average consumer is not aware that 80 points equals a dollar. As Wombat mentioned, they have the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with, Sony is awesome in this department. Of course the huge failure rate is unacceptable period. Finally, they have no real first party line up to rival Nintendo or Sony. I would like to see more First Party titles come out for them instead of seeing them pay for third party time exclusive. If they pay a Developer to develop a game for them, it would be nice if they actually owned the property. Sony was able to secure Ratchet and Clank through Insomniac, why can't Microsoft secure the actual rights to games instead of a year of exclusiveness?
[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG][IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG]