CAGcast #217: F*cking Adorable

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#121 jmchadd

jmchadd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:10 AM

loved the show and the talk about shipwreck in Japan. So cute Tai crying when the ships left

#122 harrymcback

harrymcback

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:30 AM

I agree with all the system ratings from the point of view of what you like playing games on. However, if you are going to start to factor in hardware differences then you also have to factor in cost and additional features. PS3 was the most expensive when it launched (I think I paid Best Buy almost $1,000 the day I got my system) but it came with features that a redesigned 360 still lacks. Most notably blu-ray, user replaceable hard drive, and wi-fi. Microsoft released a wi-fi adapter, but it was overpriced and underpowered (can't work with WPA2). For the same price you can and should get an Apple AirPort Express which is way more useful (I don't travel without one). So if you wanted to add a larger HD and wi-fi to your 360 then it was about another $250 and don't forget the extra $150 for the HD-DVD drive.

I think dollar for dollar PS3 is a better system, but prefer the 360 from a personal POV. By the way, my launch system never died but my 60gb model died in under 6-weeks.
Harry McBack
Posted Image

#123 wune

wune

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:56 AM

I've been hearing about people learning the guitar parts of songs by playing rock band 3 (with pro guitar, of course). Hit that up!

#124 Korny

Korny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:01 AM

I can't speak on redheads, but I would assume they would treat them the same way as blonds. No one would dare touch me. However, I bring blond children with me and old people are coming out of nowhere to stroke their hair. That's about as disturbing as I will deal with. Those kids were goddamn celebrities out there, like no one had ever seen blond hair before.

#125 beef209

beef209

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:29 AM

The original Resident Evil had horrible controls, but when you look in retrospect, the game was a major leap forward in horror games. Most past games are horrible if you look at them in today's eyes. Goldeneye, for instance had horrible controls, but back then, the game was a major leap forward in fps's on the consoles.

#126 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:45 AM

Wow, did CheapyD just throw out a Lavos (CT) shout out. That blew my mind. Awesome show!

#127 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:06 AM

ship needs to talk about his trip a bit more!

#128 FishyJoe

FishyJoe

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:21 AM

Even though I'm terrible at it Game dev story it's the most addicting game i've played on the iphone. Good call cheapy, still waiting on the cag app though. Even w/o amazon pricing you guys should just release it. After its out and it's popular who knows, maybe they will come around.

#129 Interfeci

Interfeci

ASSIMILATE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:47 AM

The XMB isn't half-done. It's just as easy to use as the 360's menus, plus it's not plastered with ads everywhere.

I never said it wasn't easy to use, and never mentioned ads. I said it was half-done.

According to what the PS3 likes to promise people, it doesn't have all of its features. But this happens to all of their so-called projects. Thus, it is half-done, like everything else they have, until they at least do what they said they were going to do to catch up to their promises.

I'd like it to actually 'do everything.' But before then, it can continue running for president. (You know. Advertising empty promises to gain popular vote.)
PEW PEW PEW.

#130 pelf21

pelf21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:01 AM

great show...I've been hearing great things about Game Dev Story everywhere.....I wish it would come to Andriod!

#131 youruglyclone

youruglyclone

Last Man in Userplane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:43 PM

As far as toy story goes...I have yet meet anyone claims they like woody ::snicker snicker:: a lot of buzz fans.

...and yes that was my comment for the vanquish contest.

#132 JadedJedi

JadedJedi

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:38 PM

Another great show guys!
Posted Image Posted Image

#133 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:54 PM

I never said it wasn't easy to use, and never mentioned ads. I said it was half-done.

According to what the PS3 likes to promise people, it doesn't have all of its features. But this happens to all of their so-called projects. Thus, it is half-done, like everything else they have, until they at least do what they said they were going to do to catch up to their promises.

I'd like it to actually 'do everything.' But before then, it can continue running for president. (You know. Advertising empty promises to gain popular vote.)

Hold on... what is it that you feel the XMB is missing. because imo.. it works perfectly. Anything can be made "better" but that doesn't mean that the XMB is flawed. Also, what "promises" has the PS3 not delivered on?
Posted Image

#134 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:44 PM

As far as toy story goes...I have yet meet anyone claims they like woody ::snicker snicker:: a lot of buzz fans.

Everyone knows that REX is clearly the most badass Toy Story character. The scene from TS2 in the toy store when they spoofed Jurassic Park is the best scene in the whole trilogy IMO.

And yes this was a post to enter me into the contest as well lol.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#135 Lloweh

Lloweh

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:41 PM

Good show. I have download Game Dev Story and enjoyed it on my flight today. Good game.

#136 Matedawg11

Matedawg11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:07 AM

Great show guys

ach.png

#137 Interfeci

Interfeci

ASSIMILATE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:00 AM

Hold on... what is it that you feel the XMB is missing. because imo.. it works perfectly. Anything can be made "better" but that doesn't mean that the XMB is flawed. Also, what "promises" has the PS3 not delivered on?

I feel it's missing proper customization. Why can't I turn off stuff like 'music' and 'video' if I don't want them there? If i'm into design, why don't they make a smaller dev kit for dynamic backgrounds rather than (supposedly) requiring the main dev kit? Why remove OtherOS? Was it to stop people from playing SNES roms on there? All it did was infuriate the 'hackers' more, and caused the reverse engineering process to go by much quicker. The cross-game chat would be nice. And maybe my own personal avatar rather than their 50 cent ones.

But I have no actual problem with the XMB. I don't see how you translated what I said into 'it doesn't work.' I said it's half-done. That's it. It's like a really extended beta to what they want to fully accomplish before making it 'better.' Minecraft isn't close to being finished, but it's still incredibly popular and it works really well.

I do prefer the XMB's simplicity over the 360's. But the way you guys defend it makes it feel like the whole Mac vs PC thing.
PEW PEW PEW.

#138 jusplainme

jusplainme

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:55 AM

Loved hearing about Ship's visit to Japan. I wonder if the reverse Halloween is more of a more of a weird theme park thing or if it was a Japanese thing.

#139 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:24 AM

insightful twitagra
Insert clever line here......

#140 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:26 AM

Great episode guys. Sounds like the Shipwrecks make for good world travelers. I hate assholes that go on trips and don't know what they want to do and have no sorts of plans and then they moan and bitch about not being able to get bacon and eggs.

#141 jkanownik

jkanownik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:46 AM

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=408698

Posted Image

You've now been introduced to the wonderful world of Revoltech Woody. You're welcome.
Posted Image

AC: 4682-1344-1734 (Leenie - Home)

#142 AleetPanda

AleetPanda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:11 PM

I totally agree with you guys about DJ hero 2. I don't want the game but I want the music. Such a problem.

#143 Rxanadu

Rxanadu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:18 PM

I feel it's missing proper customization. Why can't I turn off stuff like 'music' and 'video' if I don't want them there? If i'm into design, why don't they make a smaller dev kit for dynamic backgrounds rather than (supposedly) requiring the main dev kit? Why remove OtherOS? Was it to stop people from playing SNES roms on there? All it did was infuriate the 'hackers' more, and caused the reverse engineering process to go by much quicker. The cross-game chat would be nice. And maybe my own personal avatar rather than their 50 cent ones.

But I have no actual problem with the XMB. I don't see how you translated what I said into 'it doesn't work.' I said it's half-done. That's it. It's like a really extended beta to what they want to fully accomplish before making it 'better.' Minecraft isn't close to being finished, but it's still incredibly popular and it works really well.

I do prefer the XMB's simplicity over the 360's. But the way you guys defend it makes it feel like the whole Mac vs PC thing.

The only thing I want is to be able to play my music in ALL of my games. When I'm playing Borderlands online, I would just like the option to play some Nujabes, Gorillaz or Kasabian, that's all.

#144 Rxanadu

Rxanadu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:29 PM

I really want to play Fable 3, but seeing as how it's ALREADY dropped $7 on Amazon, I think I'll hold off until at least Black Friday to make a purchase.

Same here, except I'm waiting for Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate edition to drop in price. I loved KOTOR 2, and I heard the game is pretty similar in terms of how you play it. Plus, with this edition, I get EVERYTHING this game has to offer. It's such a great deal, but I don't have 60 bones to drop on it right now. I hope they have a "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" with this, Black Ops, and Batman: AA GOTY edition. That or something with Resonance of Fate.

#145 Rxanadu

Rxanadu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:34 PM

I completely agree about the handling in NFS: Hot Pursuit. Handling is just a bit sluggish

It does feel a bit weird, but the drifting seems just right for some reason. Either that, or I was just able to manipulate the controls so I could win the races easily. I say if the game handled like either Burnout Paradise or Most Wanted, then it would be amazing.

Speaking of Burnout Paradise, does anyone know where I can get the Ultimate Box for under $20 for the 360?

#146 Rxanadu

Rxanadu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:42 PM

I stopped playing RE4 really fast because the controls were so awful, so bad I couldn't give them a 2nd chance.

Even though they're basically the same controls, I could barely play RE5 for some reason. I beat RE4 twice, and I actually like those controls. For the time, it gave the right amount of intensity within certain situations in the game. It would have done well with a sprint button instead of just a run buttion, though.
I saw a playthrough of RE5 a few months back, and it's easy to see they should have just let you freaking move when you shoot.
Spoiler

#147 Rxanadu

Rxanadu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:51 PM

Great to have the show back. Another quality episode.

Wombat piqued my interest in that Hashima Island. Looks absolutely creepy. Apparently they just recently re-opened part of the island to tourists and it was the final level of killer7.

And Cheapy, definitely try and make it back to Undead Nightmare. Quite literally some of the best DLC I've ever played. Rockstar's mix of horror and comedy is great throughout. The combination of B-movie horror and the Wild West makes for a super interesting atmosphere and story.

(Also, Ship is still insane for not liking Red Dead Redemption :lol:)

I wonder if there was a black guy with a large briefcase running around on the island lol. That's very interesting, though. Never thought that place was based off an actual place. This may also explain why the Heaven Smiles are invisible to begin with.
Spoiler

Shipwreck: if you don't like your copy of RDR, I'd be willing to take it off your hands.

#148 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:00 PM

I was on the fence about Rock Band 3, but after listening to Cheapy's glowing review of the game, I want it NOW. I will be looking for the keyboard soon, since that's the only instrument I don't currently have taking up space in my basement.

Still waiting for update #2 for Fallout: New Vegas. I'm not entirely sure how Wombat got it, since many other CAGs haven't received the prompt to download it yet. I do want to play this game, just not with so many bugs and game freezing issues.

#149 Thebostonrag

Thebostonrag

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:50 PM

I enjoyed the show. Wombat was getting antsy near the end though.
Posted Image

#150 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:24 PM

THe show was good, as always. Costume Quest is "adorable" for sure.

My rankings:
Xbox 360 -- 5 (It's now my go-to console)
Wii -- 3 (The exclusives win here, and the motion controls are great when used right)
PS3 -- 2 (Hate the controller, hate the interface, hate the box itself, exclusives are overrated, blu-ray is nice)