CAGcast #217: F*cking Adorable

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#181 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:19 PM

Best show in awhile - good job guys. Regarding the Red Dead DLC that you discussed, I rather like the idea of what the devs did there. After they put all the effort into creating a game world, various engines, menus, etc, why not keep using it to essentially put new games into that world? You can think about it like getting a short sequel where they didn't really improve much, but for only $10! Hell, we get short sequels where the devs don't improve much all the time for $60 a year after the original.

PS: I don't see how you can give a console what has broken on you twice plus on countless other gamers a 5. Shouldn't that knock it down to a 4 automatically?

#182 007bond

007bond

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:06 PM

Very good show! Enjoyed the recap of Shipwreck's trip to Japan.

#183 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:24 PM

Good show guys. Looks like Shipwreck unleashed his otaku powers in Japan. Wow, Wombat played games! Can't wait to hear Wombat's thoughts on Fable 3 as he progresses further into the game. I'm still quite skeptical about buying Fable 3.

#184 quietguy05

quietguy05

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:00 AM

Great podcast! I enjoyed your fallout new vegas discussion the most since i've been playing it a ton, and i'm lovin it!

#185 sunfiredragon

sunfiredragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:22 AM

Great show this week guys, good to have the team back together (...or is it apart?) again.

#186 Rxanadu

Rxanadu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:17 PM

I guess I'll play ball:
PS3: 5 - I've used it the most, and I've had the most fun while playing both SP and MP (primarily Borderlands). Games like Infamous, both R&C Futures, and both Unchatreds make me proud to own this system
Xbox 360: 4.5 - Though I've also played this system a lot, I've found it to be primarily about shooting guys in the face in order to progress forward. I mostly play the system for SP games only, since I don't feel like dropping X amount of dollars to play online only to get rocked and never play those games online again.
Wii: 3 - There are solid games on there, but most of them either don't need any motion controls or were ports from older systems. The two games I would recommend for this system are Metroid Prime Trilogy and Super Mario Galaxy. Everything else, from No More Heroes to Okami, feel like they could play better with a normal controller. I also rarely if ever am able to connect onto the Internet with the system, so I can't even play games like Brawl online (that's probably just my wireless acting up, though).

I've never tried to tally up my favorite systems' features before, so it feels pretty odd to do so.

Also, have CheapyD, Wombat, and Shipwreck stated the winners of the Vanquish contest? I've been through two contests here, and with my experience I find they're terrible with stating who won those contests. I had to sift through numerous pages in the forums just to get a poorly formatted list of winners. It would just be easier to edit the first page and put the winners' names there, instead.

#187 6egamer.com

6egamer.com

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:12 PM

Cheepy I too share your need for a clean post poo fanny. I started using cottonelle fresh wipes and now I can't imagine a bm without them. They are sold in most major big box stores by the tp. They have the at home box but the big saving grace is the to go wipes that look like those packets of hand wipes. I always make sure I have one on my person (three if eating mexican) at all times. Loved the show.
much love
the og

#188 6egamer.com

6egamer.com

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:15 PM

I know it is cheapy not cheepy. Oops butter fingers.

#189 horriblehager

horriblehager

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:44 PM

vanquish swizzle sticks
Horrible Hager - My Trade List

HorribleGamer (Reviews, Cheap Games & Systems): http://www.horriblegamer.com

Posted Image - HorribleGamer RSS Feed

#190 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:00 PM

Nice show, figured it would be with all the games out. Give Super Meat Boy another try, the game is seriously addictive and a great deal at $10. The pacing in the demo does not match that of the actual game, the devs did an great job of scaling the difficulty. It is satisfying to "learn" a level and pull of moves that seemed impossible at first attempt.

#191 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

Never had issues with my PS3 since I use it the most, occasionally I have to download an update but it never takes that long really. I have a dedicated charging unit for my controllers so I don't have the same issues as CheapyD has when it comes to the controllers. At the same time I find myself going through many batteries with both my Wii and Xbox360 when I do play them. I did have to be careful with my Wiimotes and took out the batteries since I generally do not play that system and I've had batteries explode in controllers before.

Overall I would rank PS3 4(would pick 5 but there is always room for improvement which they have done in the past updates), Xbox 4(I'm tempted to pick 3 since I've had one fail on me), and Wii a 2(It has solid games but I just don't play it very often).

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your bananas ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

#192 misterjeff

misterjeff

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:16 PM

The control style in RE 1,2 and 3 is why I hadn't completed one of the games until 4 came out.

#193 Deadhead

Deadhead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:22 PM

Very insightful post here. Good podcast guys, im hoping to visit Tokyo sometime also before I die, maybe you should have a Tokyo travelers podcast! lol
Posted Image