Wii Video Cable question

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Long Story Short: Has anyone seen a set of Wii A/V cables that has both the yellow Composite Video jack and the red/blue/green Component video jacks built into the same cable?

Long Story Long:

I have multiple GameCubes that are hooked to multiple TVs. Each GameCube is connected to my flat panel via Component (via switch box), but connected to a different video source using the composite video cable. For those who don't know, the GameCube's Component situation is kinda weird. The Component Video cables are just that - video. For audio, you have to additionally connect the standard composite audio/video cables, leaving you with an extra video cable (that you can conveniently route to another display). Using this, I have my entertainment center set up so that the GameCubes all display on the flat panel *or* each of them can send out to one other display for multi-player gaming (Four Swords, Double Dash, etc.).

I'd like to do something similar with my two Wiis. Obviously, one can be directly connected to the flat panel (either way, in multi-player or single player, one Wii is going to the flat panel) - so I can just use the standard Component cables for this.

But for my second Wii... Sometimes I want to play it on the flat panel (via Component) and sometimes I'd like to send it to a secondary display (which would require Composite). The way I have it set up now is by using the Composite cable and splitting the signal to the two different displays... but then I lose that slight upgrade in picture quality from not using Component when using the flat panel.

So, what I'm wondering, is if anyone has ever seen a (good) "All-in-one" A/V cable for the Wii that has both component and composite video in the single cable?

Yeah, something like that. I'm not sure about the brand (looks like there are some bad reviews), but now that I know they exist, I'll have to start looking at them closer in-stores.

I don't think this is a good idea. You're asking a Wii video output to send signal to two devices at once. Even if you're only using one device, other device that isn't being used will still draw the signal. This might cause permanent damage to your Wii's output.

You should really get a video receiver that's designed to do this.

bread's done
Back