GoGamer10.com Launches - $10 and under games only

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#31 Saraquael

Saraquael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:05 PM

Bookmarked the site. Looks pretty good so far, though not a whole lot different from the regular site. It didn't look as if I was able to log in using my regular gogamer account, though I might be missing something.

Slightly off topic. I've personally only had positive experiences with GoGamer. Seems a lot of people are pretty quick to grab the torches and pitchforks when it comes to gogamer.

#32 Majin Stan

Majin Stan

You have a little CAG left on your face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:15 PM

Kool!! Bookmarked!!

#33 Kromis

Kromis

Für das Vaterland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:16 PM

Wow there's a lot of hate in this thread already!

Does anyone else think the site feels kind of...cramped? I like the layout of the other GoGamer site better. I'm not sure how to explain it but it just feels really weird!

#34 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:20 PM

Most our customers can read, so I'm not worried, but thank you!

JK, of course. Anyone else having this reaction?

Maybe it should be changed to "Crap Old Games, Crappy prices"

Won't be shopping with this site.

This is not even really a deal, more of a "Hey heres my site come buy"

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#35 bamf226

bamf226

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:23 PM

Wow, I can't believe how pissy everyone is over a joke. Everything is funny until you are the target. Get your panties unbunched and laugh a little.

#36 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:33 PM

Wow, I can't believe how pissy everyone is over a joke. Everything is funny until you are the target. Get your panties unbunched and laugh a little.

Yeah I'm very surprised how everyone is reacting to that "JOKE." Lighten up people. Even PR Reps are allowed to have fun with their job. Especially on a site called Cheap "Ass" Gamer. A serious site wouldn't have the word "Ass" in it so you people need to stop being so damn serious. Go to slickdeals or something if you take offense.

Site works 100% fine for me on Google Chrome. Pages load quickly and efficiently. I am also running very fast internet so that may help ;)

SteamWidget.PNG

#37 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:40 PM

Added a game to my cart and then went to checkout so I could see if your shipping charges have changed....and the site locked up...

This is on Firefox.

#38 Mike@Gogamer

Mike@Gogamer

GoGamer.com Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:49 PM

Added a game to my cart and then went to checkout so I could see if your shipping charges have changed....and the site locked up...

This is on Firefox.

Hmm, thanks for letting me know. I apologize for the inconvenience (trite expression, but I mean it).

To everyone - this is a soft launch for the sole purpose of working out the bugs. Once we get it straightened out, we'll light it up with sweet deals.

We need to button up all the issues before we let out the mainsail. Your feedback is going directly to IT to improve the site. Thanks, guys.

#39 rayne117

rayne117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:59 PM

And yet, it would appear that you are.

Didn't mean to diss you, can I get you a tissue?

Exactly! We're not only cheap gamers, we're also asses.

"Good enough for me," I say; Life's too short to dwell on $5.

#40 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:59 PM

The layout reminds me of Gamestop's website, which I guess is a good thing. The site is pretty slow, but you know that already.

And don't worry, a lot of gamers always buy old games at discounted prices because we missed them when released. Don't let all the gamers in a pissy mood keep you down (Come on, can people really not see that you were being sarcastic? Lighten up mates) - You're trying to improve your site and you are taking our feedback seriously, which in turn will hopefully lead us to great deals in the future.

Thanks!

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#41 bamf226

bamf226

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:27 AM

Mike@gogamer,

The biggest issue I see with the site is that none of the console specific pages are different other than colors and the thumbnails that appear to the right of the video. When I click on a tab to go to that section, I expect to see lots of stuff for that console. However, in order to actually see the games offered, I have to click on the appropriate section from the menu. As intuition goes, this doesn't work.

Make the New Arrivals, Best Sellers, etc. specific to the console for that page. Put the menu on the page so that viewers can easily get to the different sections without having to go back up to the tab.

Perhaps move the search and newsletter boxes over to the right above the deals, allowing space for the menu to be present on the left above the Conan ad. I would kill the video entirely and put the three deals beneath it in the space occupied. Run the game thumbnails on the right of the video underneath the three game deals above the New Arrivals and Best Sellers boxes.

#42 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I know you can't offer free shipping like amazon can, but a free shipping code everyonce in awhile could be good. I'd be inclined to order a cheap old game if I could get it shipped free. Not saying you have to do it often, but it could slowly increase the amount of customers that you receive.

#43 Maromi

Maromi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Thought the motto "Play More Pay Less" was "Pay More Pay Less" for whatever reason, its what my eye saw.

I'd switch those two around to Pay Less, Play More.

It was a WTF moment.

I actually thought the same thing. I had to read it three times before I understood it. I was like, "What does 'Pay more, pay less' mean? Am I missing something?" :D

#44 Nesrie

Nesrie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:33 AM

I know you can't offer free shipping like amazon can, but a free shipping code everyonce in awhile could be good. I'd be inclined to order a cheap old game if I could get it shipped free. Not saying you have to do it often, but it could slowly increase the amount of customers that you receive.

While I agree with you, I would say free isn't even necessary. Something like 99 cent or 1.98 shipping would even "fix" the issue.

#45 caldazar

caldazar

RiderOnAPaleHorse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:37 AM

bookmarked! thanks for the heads up!

** Caldazar **

#46 madbst

madbst

Recquiescat In Pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:38 AM

Wow, when did CAG turn to Cranky And Grumpy (that was good right)?

Nice website concept. However, they're not what I would call "deals" and shipping kills it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

^^^ Amazon gift card count so far: $650 ^^^

#47 I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK

I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK

X-Men Forever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:42 AM

At first when I clicked the site I thought I was at Gamestop.com. Anyways, a $10 site is nice, but the shipping always stops me from actually buying anything from GoGamer.

This also is an advertisement for the site, not an actual deal and you seem to be ignoring any comments stating that, so I'm going to assume this comment will be ignored as well.

I don't want to base my opinion on GoGamer on just you, even though you are the rep and should be making a good impression, but this comment was really not cool:

friendly banter, hence the "JK" for just kidding.

Obviously, I'm not retarded enough to insult the customers I'm trying to bring in.

Dry humor, guys.

I don't mind jokes, and I didn't think the comments you made before were all that bad, but if I ever heard an employee of any store use the word retarded like that, I would not think very highly of them. If that's what you say outside of work, that's your business, but you're trying to represent a company and this is your job, you really should think about what you say and how people can get offended by it, joking or not, it's unprofessional.

I don't plan on viewing anymore of your threads even if they are actually deals, or look for a response to this post, but maybe if enough people give you their honest opinions about the site you're representing and how treating potential customers with professionalism is a good idea, you'll think twice.

I feel if a person from a store can't give me the respect to act in a professional manner, why should I give them my business?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 bamf226

bamf226

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:11 AM

At first when I clicked the site I thought I was at Gamestop.com. Anyways, a $10 site is nice, but the shipping always stops me from actually buying anything from GoGamer.

This also is an advertisement for the site, not an actual deal and you seem to be ignoring any comments stating that, so I'm going to assume this comment will be ignored as well.

I don't want to base my opinion on GoGamer on just you, even though you are the rep and should be making a good impression, but this comment was really not cool:

I don't mind jokes, and I didn't think the comments you made before were all that bad, but if I ever heard an employee of any store use the word retarded like that, I would not think very highly of them. If that's what you say outside of work, that's your business, but you're trying to represent a company and this is your job, you really should think about what you say and how people can get offended by it, joking or not, it's unprofessional.

I don't plan on viewing anymore of your threads even if they are actually deals, or look for a response to this post, but maybe if enough people give you their honest opinions about the site you're representing and how treating potential customers with professionalism is a good idea, you'll think twice.

I feel if a person from a store can't give me the respect to act in a professional manner, why should I give them my business?

And now you guys are bitching about him calling HIMSELF retarded. WTF?

#49 Infinity1911

Infinity1911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:14 AM

Looks good. I dig it.

Nice to see the cheap games on their own site - makes browsing that much easier and convenient.

#50 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:18 AM

Hahah, holy shit, I didn't know CAG members were so P.C. Maybe you should look the word "retarded" up and see how the way he used it is perfectly fine. Next, you're gonna get mad at me for using colored pencils because it has the word colored in it.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#51 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:24 AM

Hahah, holy shit, I didn't know CAG members were so P.C. Maybe you should look the word "retarded" up and see how the way he used it is perfectly fine. Next, you're gonna get mad at me for using colored pencils because it has the word colored in it.

I perfectly agree with "I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK"

It's almost as if the Rep is an immature teenager.

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#52 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:25 AM

I'm definitely checking this out and bookmarking it.

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#53 AgentZero5150

AgentZero5150

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:38 AM

Looks nice, as soon as a lot more games come out I'll check it out again

#54 Altanis

Altanis

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:46 AM

Checked it out.

1. Load times are slow. I know it's not my connection (40Mbps campus connection).
2. I can't get to my cart. This site is out of Beta and fully operational? You say yourself we should go and place our orders- but I can't.
3. The rainbow coloring is both nice and bad. It looks childish to me, but makes navigating somewhat easier.

I like the concept and everything, but I have to disagree that the site is out of beta and fully operational. It's slow to load, and I can't get to my cart.

#55 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:16 AM

The rep told a joke and a good one lol. Learn to take a friendly joke rather than have your panties up your @sses. Calling him an immature teen, when half of the posts here are 10x worse by posters who have a history of whines/insults/sarcasm is pretty sad.

On the layout side of things, I like the navigation much better than before. I'm not having an issue with load times, but maybe it just had more traffic earlier or was still being settled in?

I do agree with the comma suggestion in the Play more, Pay less as it does have the tendancy to blend.

#56 ATHF

ATHF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:21 AM

I like the idea but not many PS3 games right now..

#57 jb0Ogi3

jb0Ogi3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:27 AM

As far as I'm concerned this is just a bunch of trash games. I understand that for under $10 you can't get much...but seriously I would rather burn these games than stick them in my 360. Eat Lead, Chronicles of Narnia, Bionic Commando, Ridge Racer 6, Two Worlds...? I wouldn't pay more than $5 for any of those and yet most are marked over $7. Where's my flamethrower?

#58 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:32 AM

Like the site, it's cramped but it's not flooded with ads so it's good.

Site loads fine, it's just alot of images that may take time. People need to stop complaining and compare it to even more awful websites like Sears.com.

I will definately look some more later. Shipping is normal and fair.

People complaining about the jokes or professionalism really have too much to complain about and should be ignored so far.

Edit: Ok, the home page is wack. Other than that, every other page is fine. Fix the home page, please.

#59 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:36 AM

I like the idea but not many PS3 games right now..

PS3 games are usually hard to find below 10.
=/

also why is it that when i click the "Diablo" picture, i get sent to pc games without the Diablo and even when i searched for Diablo, i get no results.

oh boy...
You said there was going to be Diablo op.
Where is my Diablo? i dont see Diablo. you promised me Diablo.

#60 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:46 AM

Too glitchy atm.