GoGamer10.com Launches - $10 and under games only

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#91 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:06 PM

So are the 5-10 dollar GoGamer Madness deals going to be on this site from now on instead of the original site?

#92 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:14 PM

Are we gonna be able eventually to use our regular Gogamer.com accounts ALSO on Gogamer10?

#93 DeathDream

DeathDream

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:46 PM

even if it wasn't worded to best.

To be fair, I got to correct my self here. "wasn't worded the best" :)

I could have been more cagey with my humor, and you have my sincere apology. As for the original comment, it was taken seriously and there will be a comma inserted.

Thanks, but really, I didn't take offense to it. So its all cool.

#94 ninjabenja

ninjabenja

Where do I put my title?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:57 PM

I'll keep my eye on this site, thanks for sharing!

#95 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:44 PM

Hoping some mod cleans up this thread. (And the tags)

THIS!

Ill be keeping on eye on it when i start browsing when all the bugs are kinked out.

Thanks for posting Mike and cant wait to see it all finished.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#96 masterledz

masterledz

CAG in the machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:29 AM

So, I was able to get to the checkout page...
...my cart was around $16.00, with three items total...but with shipping, it was increased to more than $31.00 total.

Must be a bug, charging that much for shipping. ;)

It was a great concept, until you charged about $6 for shipping per item. FedEx is so expensive. If you offered USPS first-class or parcel, it would be a lot cheaper. The sad thing is, this site is still going to get business, despite the ridiculous shipping charges.

#97 Gimgak

Gimgak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:42 AM

Looks like a pretty nice site, will keep it bookmarked

#98 Soljah

Soljah

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:29 AM

Are you affiliated with gogamer.com at all? I see no link on either site to each other. If not, why such a similarname/site choice?

#99 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:35 AM

So, I was able to get to the checkout page...
...my cart was around $16.00, with three items total...but with shipping, it was increased to more than $31.00 total.

Must be a bug, charging that much for shipping. ;)

lol

Man, I guess I will continue to take my business elsewhere.

#100 Altanis

Altanis

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:50 AM

Are you affiliated with gogamer.com at all? I see no link on either site to each other. If not, why such a similarname/site choice?

Wait, the GoGamer rep on CAG links us to a site called GoGamer10.com and you have to ask whether it's related to GoGamer or not?

I'm not trying to sound like an ass, but that seems really painfully obvious.

#101 Archfiend

Archfiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:48 AM

I watched a Diablo video:bouncy:

edit: Back from further inspection of said site and I do believe Steam may lose some of my business.

#102 Gerry P.

Gerry P.

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:59 AM

Only if you can read. Right, Mike? jk

#103 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:45 PM

So how much is shipping?

(I hate going through the checkout process just to find out.)

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#104 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:25 PM

So how much is shipping?

(I hate going through the checkout process just to find out.)

A previous post (previous page) showed that it's currently $6 per item. Hopefully a bug, or a HUGE oversight. I know GoGamer.com had shipping fees to cover some of the "savings" you got on some decent deals, but this is pretty crazy considering a majority of games here are probably jewel cases.

Indeed, go with USPS first class!
Steam: Rhett816

#105 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:28 PM

A previous post (previous page) showed that it's currently $6 per item. Hopefully a bug, or a HUGE oversight. I know GoGamer.com had shipping fees to cover some of the "savings" you got on some decent deals, but this is pretty crazy considering a majority of games here are probably jewel cases.

Indeed, go with USPS first class!

thanks. maybe $3-4 would be fine but $6?

is gogamer16.com registered yet?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#106 Fernando Rocker

Fernando Rocker

Nintendo Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:41 PM

Well... I just checked a few games, and it's actually cheaper to buy the games directly from Amazon. $6.00 shipping ruins the deals.

I think Amazon has spoiled us all with their Prime and FSSS.

Edited by Fernando Rocker, 03 November 2010 - 02:52 PM.

#107 Fernando Rocker

Fernando Rocker

Nintendo Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:49 PM

Yeah... I tried to order Eat Lead... just to try the site. $4.90 (great, I thought)... but the final price was $11 with shipping costs (5 days shipping).

Amazon is offering the game for $10, Prime Eligible (2 days shipping).

By the way, the site is kinda glitchy... I could't press the Checkout button. I had to restart the browser. And sometimes the games says: Pre-Order instead of In Stock.

#108 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:10 PM

poor selection and expensive shipping.
Posted Image

#109 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:40 PM

Shipping prices are absurd.

#110 BWS1982

BWS1982

No Abdication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:15 AM

Wait, the GoGamer rep on CAG links us to a site called GoGamer10.com and you have to ask whether it's related to GoGamer or not?

This.

#111 rsrlawman

rsrlawman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:49 PM

Thought the motto "Play More Pay Less" was "Pay More Pay Less" for whatever reason, its what my eye saw.

I'd switch those two around to Pay Less, Play More.

It was a WTF moment.

Seconded. I saw the same thing at first.

#112 dannyox718

dannyox718

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:20 PM

Mike's so quiet today. chirp chirp

#113 GlassAgate

GlassAgate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:36 PM

Okay, perhaps it's just me being paranoid, but GoGamer doesn't reference
this site from their site.

#114 Mike@Gogamer

Mike@Gogamer

GoGamer.com Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:03 PM

Hey fellas (and girls if there are any),

Sorry for the delay. I need to check on that shipping thing, because that really sounds off.

I asked IT about getting GoGamer logins over to GG10. I think, for technical reasons beyond my feeble comprehension, there are obstacles to getting your passwords over. More on that when I know what I'm talking about.:drool:

And you'll be elated to know we inserted that infamous comma! :applause:

As for the <$10 Madness items, I think what they're going to do is offer those items on both sites. The differences are that GG10 will have its own promotions apart from the Madness and otherwise functions as tool for those only looking for cheap titles.

-Mike

#115 wynams

wynams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:45 PM

Rebranding GoGamer's cheap games to GoGamer10.com, but keeping the crazy shipping costs reminds me of Comcast/Xfinity.

Srsly bro, appreciate you posting here but it appears you are not listening. SHIPPING KILLS YOUR DEALS!

#116 bamf226

bamf226

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:58 PM

I need to check on that shipping thing, because that really sounds off.

Srsly bro, appreciate you posting here but it appears you are not listening. SHIPPING KILLS YOUR DEALS!

So who exactly isn't listening?

#117 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:58 AM

Obviously, I'm not retarded enough to insult the customers I'm trying to bring in.

Ever heard the customer is always right? You could have just apologized for the misunderstanding and tried to gain potential customers back. You opted to say that little gem instead.

I agree with the sentiments of another poster; I'd be asking for your manager if this were a store. If you want to act like a child, then do it on your own time. As it stands, you're representing a company with your words and doing a piss poor job of it.

I, like others, will not be using your site.

Edited by SlightlyOffTrack, 08 November 2010 - 08:22 AM.

#118 SINNED

SINNED

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:06 AM

Wow, I can't believe how pissy everyone is over a joke. Everything is funny until you are the target. Get your panties unbunched and laugh a little.

This board is already filled with elitist cunts. And once someone starts advertising their own site here it gets 100 times worse towards that person.

#119 bywaytm

bywaytm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:07 PM

Ever heard the customer is always right?

:roll: No such thing. Some customers are not worth the cost/effort it takes to keep them and the company is better off without them. Also allow me to introduce you to: http://notalwaysright.com/

I agree with the sentiments of another poster; I'd be asking for your manager if this were a store. If you want to act like a child, then do it on your own time. As it stands, you're representing a company with your words and doing a piss poor job of it.

I, like others, will not be using your site.

Ahh I see you would be one of those customers. Why do I get the feeling you wouldnt have shopped their anyways...
Posted Image

#120 FXDL

FXDL

GoGamer IT Manager

• Retailer Representative

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:49 PM

WOW, lots and lots of information. Being an old time gamer I understand and appreciate the time you put in in testing the site. I am the IT Manager and would like to thank everyone for their help with the new site. We have made some corrections and are working on others (site speed). I know that the shipping costs are an issue we are doing our best to reduce our costs and pass the saving on to everyone. Again Thanks