Photo
- - - - -

The OFFICIAL Target Clearance Thread XVIII..NOW UNWIKIFIED!!! POST NEW FINDS IN RED!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10076 replies to this topic

#31 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:25 PM

Fuck yeah
new thread

am i late to the party?

Posted Image

#32 javyjav71

javyjav71

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:31 PM

I found Burnout Paradise for the 360 at the Target on Maryland PKY in Vegas, NV for 4.98.
So if your in Vegas and don't have that game at 4.98 it's not bad wish it had crash mode though. They had a couple more.

#33 bg2001

bg2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:35 PM

anyone been able to get the b2g1 work with the guitar hero 5 bundle ($22.50 PS3 and 360 - tons of them at the target near me). I got denied at 2 stores because the bundle "is not a game".

Edited by bg2001, 02 November 2010 - 04:51 PM.

#34 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:36 PM

thanks for taking this over jimi. the last thread was stale.

no ur stale
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#35 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:49 PM

New Thread !

Nightmare !!

#36 Ultragamer

Ultragamer

Or so they say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:51 PM

Oooh new thread. Well I'll be heading to a target close to see if anything for the B2G1 sale interests me at that location. I can hope.

#37 rman

rman

We Are Our Own Wicked Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:13 PM

Punchout! @ Nellis and Charleston in Las Vegas for under $25 (2) copies

#38 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:21 PM

I'm crunchy.

#39 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:39 PM

Dropped by three Targets by me. Sigma still hasn't dropped at any of them. It's still holding steady at $34.98...ugh...it needs to hit that $20 mark.

#40 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:40 PM

Finally lucked out and got the BioShock 2 big box for 360 @ $17.48 I thought I'd never get it but hot damn!
Contact Friend Code - 1675-8841-8262
Tetris DS - 152435-004214
XBL - Nasum2

#41 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:09 PM

Grabbed a zoo tycoon 2 ds for 4.98. Nothing dropped around here really. Noticed sandwiched in the middle of 4 clearence caps was an endcap of shakeweights. Alas, those were full price. I guess working out in a rather, um, odd manner will have to wait.

#42 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:09 PM

anyone been able to get the b2g1 work with the guitar hero 5 bundle ($22.50 PS3 and 360 - tons of them at the target near me). I got denied at 2 stores because the bundle "is not a game".

Would like to know this too

#43 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:21 PM

The general consensus on the thread is that the GH5 bundle and the Bioshock 2 SE were both originally over $60 so they do not qualify for the B2G1.

Edited by PapaSmerf, 02 November 2010 - 08:52 PM.

#44 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:38 PM

Would like to know this too

They don't show as "Special Purchase" when scanned, so no.

Posted Image

#45 Nyxaz

Nyxaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:43 PM

I went to Target yesterday and saw that :ps3:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 still hadn't dropped. h.

Same here, in Sarasota, Fl. Sigma 2 on clearance but like $34, not $20. Maybe next week... :roll:

#46 miguel2003

miguel2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:54 PM

So this is my history about how to deal with the "3 for 2 promotion"

I went to the Target Duarte in CA and I tried to buy NBA Live 10, Boorderlands PS3 and Tekken 6, all for 20.98. It will be $14 for each on after the promotion.

I did a "noob move" asking the guy from electronics if I can deal with the 3 for 2 for a clearance game (the answer is Yes, but for the noob guy was NOOOOO). The guy told me that if the game hasn't the adverstiment, you can't.... but I manage this, trying to say that I did it on other store (I lied).

Me: Are you sure I can't?
The Noob Guy from Electronics: Yes, you can't, it can't be use it for clearance games. Buy, let me try it.
Me: Ok.

We went to the register and guess what, it worked. After that, the noob guy told me, "oh right man, take it easy (kind of apologize)".

And yes, I know you can deal with clearance games for "3 for 2"... but I don't know why the hell I asked for it. :S

But thanks to CAG for all the information...

PD: it only work on VIDEO GAMES ONLY... it can't be used it for accesories, consoles or a video game bundle (like guitar hero)....

#47 Ultragamer

Ultragamer

Or so they say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:22 PM

Just found the greatest deal ever at my target. Tabula Rasa for PC, marked for $12.48 As-is. I scanned it and it didn't even come up in the system. Was almost tempted to take off all the stickers, bring it up to the register, and watch the sales clerk scramble to figure out what to do.

#48 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:31 PM

Just found the greatest deal ever at my target. Tabula Rasa for PC, marked for $12.48 As-is. I scanned it and it didn't even come up in the system. Was almost tempted to take off all the stickers, bring it up to the register, and watch the sales clerk scramble to figure out what to do.

hahaha except that when got home and tried to play it you would have found out that all the servers are down and the game is useless.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#49 Ultragamer

Ultragamer

Or so they say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:34 PM

hahaha except that when got home and tried to play it you would have found out that all the servers are down and the game is useless.

I know, why it just showed up randomly now I don't know. Guessing someone stashed it somewhere and then forgot about it and an employee just found it. Feel sorry for anyone who would actually buy it.

#50 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:56 PM

DAMN YOU EL STASHEMO!

I found a store that shows a Bioshock 2 LE in stock, but neither the electronics person nor I could find it. :(

She said someone probably stashed it somewhere.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#51 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:20 PM

Thanks for your answers guys.

#52 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:34 PM

Picked up a Room Essentials Bungee Chair for $12.48 (marked down from $49.99

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#53 Envel

Envel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:41 PM

Picked up a Room Essentials Bungee Chair for $12.48 (marked down from $49.99

I picked up two of those. They are awesome! The site said they had limited availability in blue, green, and black. I only found two. One had a sticker for $34.xx but it scanned for $12.48. I asked customer service if they had any more and she scanned my chair and said they have none of those chairs in any color in stock. I asked her how that was possible if I have 2 in my cart. She just stayed shut and I just walked away. I know there are more there but I couldn't find them :bomb:

#54 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:42 PM

Oh, I grabbed a pack of Halloween cupcake poppers (bitesize cupcakes) today for $1.49 (50%)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#55 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:56 PM

I picked up two of those. They are awesome! The site said they had limited availability in blue, green, and black. I only found two. One had a sticker for $34.xx but it scanned for $12.48. I asked customer service if they had any more and she scanned my chair and said they have none of those chairs in any color in stock. I asked her how that was possible if I have 2 in my cart. She just stayed shut and I just walked away. I know there are more there but I couldn't find them :bomb:

That sucks. The store I just came from had a whole side of one isle dedicated to them in various colors besides black. I grabbed the only black one they had.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#56 Shinobi128

Shinobi128

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:08 AM

TMNT Smash-Up for the Wii, $4.98.

I found it in the regular game section and not in clearance.

#57 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:09 AM

no price drop on ninja gaiden sigma still at 34.xx and ufc undisputed 20.xx, brutal legend :360 at 9.xx
:ps3: :360: - Gxer2002 :joystick:

#58 SteelSD

SteelSD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:13 AM

The general consensus on the thread is that the GH5 bundle and the Bioshock 2 SE were both originally over $60 so they do not qualify for the B2G1.

I was able to get an override for the Guitar Hero 5 bundle about 2 hours ago at our local Target. Got the GH5 bundle, Plants Vs. Zombies, and a copy of Super Street Fighter IV for about $45 after tax.

Initially, I just asked the guy in electronics to help me grab two other games and had him ring up the purchase. When it didn't calculate the free game, he called a manager; musing that the free game wasn't calculating because the GH5 was a clearance item. I grabbed a game-only GH5 copy to ring up to show that clearance status didn't matter.

He then thought (rightly) that the GH5 bundle was over the $59.99 price point at regular price so that's maybe why it wasn't working. I looked over to the sign and politely noted that there was no disclaimer about previous price points; only current pricing. The manager then arrived and he demonstrated to her that it wasn't an issue with "clearance" pricing. That manager then escalated, checked the signage and weekly ad and the clerk got the ok to override.

All in all, it took about 10 minutes with a lot of "please", "thank you's" and small talk about gaming. Nothing wrong with politely going for the deal, because they can override the system in this case. Worked for me!

#59 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:28 AM

I was able to get an override for the Guitar Hero 5 bundle about 2 hours ago at our local Target. Got the GH5 bundle, Plants Vs. Zombies, and a copy of Super Street Fighter IV for about $45 after tax.

Initially, I just asked the guy in electronics to help me grab two other games and had him ring up the purchase. When it didn't calculate the free game, he called a manager; musing that the free game wasn't calculating because the GH5 was a clearance item. I grabbed a game-only GH5 copy to ring up to show that clearance status didn't matter.

He then thought (rightly) that the GH5 bundle was over the $59.99 price point at regular price so that's maybe why it wasn't working. I looked over to the sign and politely noted that there was no disclaimer about previous price points; only current pricing. The manager then arrived and he demonstrated to her that it wasn't an issue with "clearance" pricing. That manager then escalated, checked the signage and weekly ad and the clerk got the ok to override.

All in all, it took about 10 minutes with a lot of "please", "thank you's" and small talk about gaming. Nothing wrong with politely going for the deal, because they can override the system in this case. Worked for me!

Nice.... BUT, it's so much more fun to demand that they honor the deal, because I deserve it and those mindless drones must give it to me.

DISCLAIMER: This statement was made in jest. I know it is difficult to discern tone on an Internet forum. I may be a bit jaded from following the pennied guide thread where some feel it is a right to get (nearly) free stuff.

#60 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:35 AM

Nice.... BUT, it's so much more fun to demand that they honor the deal, because I deserve it and those mindless drones must give it to me.

DISCLAIMER: This statement was made in jest. I know it is difficult to discern tone on an Internet forum. I may be a bit jaded from following the pennied guide thread where some feel it is a right to get (nearly) free stuff.

I always find it helpful to start crying when they don't sell me the guide and/or pee myself.

the problem with b2g1 on clearance games is that there's like 1 clearance game i want. but thanks for the headsup everyone on this working. (late i know.)

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade