Photo
- - - - -

The OFFICIAL Target Clearance Thread XVIII..NOW UNWIKIFIED!!! POST NEW FINDS IN RED!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10076 replies to this topic

#6841 blitztwn36

blitztwn36

hatersgunnahate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

Is Vanquish any good? I picked it up earlier this week and haven't decided if I want to play it or return it. Is it like Gears of War? Plot line any good?

From what I've read, plot is corny, but everybody talks up the gameplay.

I just got back from my Pittsburgh area target (Robinson Twp.) and picked up both Sly and Vanquish on clearance. I wanted Vanquish for the PS3, but they only had 2 copies for the 360 left, none for the PS3. There was also only 1 copy of Sly left after I bought mine. They had a ton of BFBC2 "Limited Edition" for PS3 @ $20, not sure what the limited edition was?. Nothing else really came to mind that was all that good.

My backlog is huge, and Sly was a compulsive buy at $15 - anybody comment on it - I'm thinking about returning it?

#6842 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

My backlog is huge, and Sly was a compulsive buy at $15 - anybody comment on it - I'm thinking about returning it?

Three excellent games for $15 is beyond a steal. They may be PS2 games but they hold up extremely well.

That and they are relatively easy platinums to get if you're into that.

#6843 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:02 PM

From what I've read, plot is corny, but everybody talks up the gameplay.

I just got back from my Pittsburgh area target (Robinson Twp.) and picked up both Sly and Vanquish on clearance. I wanted Vanquish for the PS3, but they only had 2 copies for the 360 left, none for the PS3. There was also only 1 copy of Sly left after I bought mine. They had a ton of BFBC2 "Limited Edition" for PS3 @ $20, not sure what the limited edition was?. Nothing else really came to mind that was all that good.

BFBC2's LE @ $20 new is good since it includes an online pass for the free VIP content (DLC).

Also it comes with:

As a pre-order promotion, EA offered the "Limited Edition" of Bad Company 2 at normal pricing. In addition, owners of the Limited Edition on all systems were given early access to numerous weapons and vehicle perks, which included the M1A1 Thompson and an M1911 pistol, as well as four vehicle perks[16] In addition to the six upgrades offered by EA on all pre-orders and the buyers of the Limited Edition.. blahblahblah.

#6844 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:06 PM

Edit: So many panda avatars, wowzerz.

LOL! I was, just, thinking the same thing!:lol:

#6845 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

[/U][/I][/B]

LOL! I was, just, thinking the same thing!:lol:

I saw a third one on an off-topic board. Glad someone sees my point.
It's funny, because I went under the username PandaMan at some point, which is weird because I'm not even asian. Girlfriend also went under a panda moniker at some point. Pandas EVERYWHERE!

#6846 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:20 PM

Ok I have the DCPI for :360:Adrenalin Misfits [207-220-570] $19.98

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#6847 parKer

parKer

CheapyT Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:20 PM

Edit: So many panda avatars, wowzerz.

I've had the same panda for 4+ years so pfffft to all y'all newbs. :lol:

3 = "so many"???
26.2 | 13.1

:ps3: Tomb Raider (MP only)
:ps3: PS+ IGC

#6848 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:31 PM

3 = "so many"???

Well, I haven't seen any other avatars of the same species, and I haven't seen a lot of users on this board, so yeah. :P

#6849 scum1

scum1

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:12 PM

Went back today to look for Vanquish. Found a new endcap with a bunch of low price games and a bunch of clearance games were there also. This is a new area for clearence games I guess. Got Vanquish for 14.xx and there was 1 copy left at Clear lake shores
I'm all over that like a donkey eatin a waffle

#6850 Ianscloset

Ianscloset

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:02 AM

Picked up PS3 copies of RESISTANCE 2 for $9.xx (1 more copy left) and THE SLY COOPER COLLECTION for $14.xx, and VANQUISH on Xbox 360 for $14.xx (3 more copies left) at the Target in Oro Valley, AZ. They also had a bunch of M.A.G.'s for $14.xx.

#6851 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:08 AM

3 copies of Vanquish, about 4 or 5 of Adrenaline Misfits, about the same amount of the Guardian game, and I think 2 shreds (360 stuff of course) at Salisbury, MD.

If Vanquish makes it to the next drop I'll pick one up but the BBV b1g1 has spoiled me for the time being.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#6852 macschwag14

macschwag14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:09 AM

Is Vanquish any good? I picked it up earlier this week and haven't decided if I want to play it or return it. Is it like Gears of War? Plot line any good?

If you like action, and by action I mean tons of shit flying at you, mega-huge bosses and completely zany over-the-top moves (a la Bayonetta), Vanquish is totally worth it for $15. Plus you have a button that lets your character spark up a cigarette and smoke it.

Nice to see some good clearance again, as it had been a solid month since it was anything but iPhone cases. I'd also never seen the Sly Collection until it went into clearance in my store. Can't imagine they'd ship it in just to liquidate it...

#6853 dashrendar

dashrendar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:34 AM

3 = "so many"???

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

I'm pretty sure I've had the sad panda for over a year now.

Currently Playing:
:360: Dishonored

RelievedSquid.jpg

#6854 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:38 AM

Several Vanquish ps3 and a single Sly left at 168th & Maple store in Omaha as of 3pm today.

#6855 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:51 AM

I'm pretty sure I've had the sad panda for over a year now.

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

On-topic: Vanquish described like that makes me think of BulletStorm, no wonder it's been on my radar so long.

Off-topic: If it'd help, I'd make my avatar a panda too.

#6856 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:57 AM

wow. i wish my target had these clearance games. Vanquish is a steal for that amount. i got it for 35ish releaseday and it was awesome

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#6857 Espo

Espo

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:58 AM

Picked up the $15 vanquish :360: and TvC :wii: for $7.50.

#6858 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:50 AM

Not sure what's going on. I checked the tracker for Resistance 2 the other day and only 2 stores in my area showed "Limited Availability". I checked one of those stores and couldn't find it, but now the tracker shows "Available" at about 10 stores that didn't have it before. Don't know why so many stores would get that much more inventory of a clearance game at the same time. I bet they are going to the "value" wall of games now at $20. Oh well, I kind of wanted to wait for the resistance 1+2 2-pack that's coming out anyway.

#6859 AFeils

AFeils

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:38 AM

I know it has been mentioned previously in the forum thread that you can go to the little red stations and put in dcpi number to get stock a prices. My question is what happen if you find an item and type in the dcpi to see if it went lower and it says the item doesn't exist. It may not have said that but the screen didn't pull up anything. I tried multiple times so I can't chalk it up to user error. I saw tons of drops people have listed in the last couple of pages at one of the two local targets I visit.
AFeils.jpg

#6860 dashrendar

dashrendar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:07 AM

Never have truer words been spoken.

Currently Playing:
:360: Dishonored

RelievedSquid.jpg

#6861 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:51 AM

Just for that bit of flattery, I'mma put that in my sig, thanks.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

#6862 CAG90210

CAG90210

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:02 AM

Went to my local Target to look for Sly Cooper collection...found it, but it's 20.xx instead of 14.xx. Was about to leave when I found a Buzz Quiz World on the lower section for 9.xx. Happily paid for it and left. Also so two Vanquish for 360 at 14.xx, and a bunch of Wii games.

Hope the Sly Cooper collection will still be there for another drop.

#6863 Wavedash007

Wavedash007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:10 AM

Managed to pick up the very last copy of the sly cooper collection. Got it for 14.95. Could not pass it up at that price. That brings my backlog to a total of 40 for this year :D TY CAG

#6864 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:16 AM

Just for that bit of flattery, I'mma put that in my sig, thanks.

Put this in your sig.

#6865 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:28 AM

Put this in your sig.

:lol:

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#6866 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:42 AM

... Am I missing some sort of joke here? A quote train, perhaps? *oblivious*

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

#6867 parKer

parKer

CheapyT Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:42 AM

:lol:

+1.
26.2 | 13.1

:ps3: Tomb Raider (MP only)
:ps3: PS+ IGC

#6868 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:12 AM

Damn...someone snagged those last copies of Kung Fu Rider at work today.

#6869 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:16 AM

i wondered that too. I guess there was a sticker and they typed in the dpci.

Yeah, the guy was confused that there wasnt a barcode to scan so he just manually entered it. The collector in me wants to return it...but I cant pass up the price either =_=

Nothing to see here, move along!

#6870 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:44 AM

My question is what happen if you find an item and type in the dcpi to see if it went lower and it says the item doesn't exist.

It's out of system so you'll need to get one of the workers to look up the item on thier handheld scanner. They'll tell you the last know price and usually sell it to you at that price.

Though I wouldn't bother unless you found the actual item. In other words, don't hassle them for a price check if there isn't a copy to buy.:)