Steam Midweek Madness 11/2 to 11/4 - Trine - $5/75% off

CoffeeEdge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)

- Screenshots (click to enlarge) -

This game is great. Buy it! $5 until Thursday Nov 2.

Extra info:
- 81% critical average on GameRankings (likewise, 80% on Metacritic)
- Gameplay trailer on Gametrailers, also showcasing the magnificent music
- Demo available on Steam

Trine is a fantasy-world action combat platformer, featuring physics puzzles and interactions, and three different characters, with different abilities, that you can swap between to complete different tasks in different ways. There's always more than one way to get something done. The graphics and sound are gorgeous, and the characters are great. This is a Steamworks title, for all you Mac owners. Trine 2 is coming next year, so now is the time to play this lovely game, if you haven't already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like there are 2 midweeks madnesses:

towbfcmidweekmadness.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/theatreofwar2

I'll support this thread as the OP is MUCH better than the other one that contains nothing but a single link. Boring.

Anyway, fantastic price for a fantastic game. Great platforming, story, scenery and music.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']I'll support this thread as the OP is MUCH better than the other one that contains nothing but a single link. Boring.

Anyway, fantastic price for a fantastic game. Great platforming, story, scenery and music.[/QUOTE]

nor do i care if u support my thread or not. guessing that i posted b4 him does not really matter to you. have a nice day "dukeedwardI"

[quote name='killerthrust']nor do i care if u support my thread or not. guessing that i posted b4 him does not really matter to you. have a nice day "dukeedwardI"[/QUOTE]

Just saying that I like posting in threads where the OP has been fleshed out a bit. And yes, you posted before him. By LESS THAN A MINUTE. Well done.

Coffee's OP/thread appealed to me because in comparison to yours, he added an image, custom worded link, and gave his opinion on the game. All it took was an extra minute or two of effort. It's all small potatoes really, but that stuff makes for a much better looking and informative OP. And I wanted to post here to that it would bump it to the top so others would see this informative/attractive thread first.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Just saying that I like posting in threads where the OP has been fleshed out a bit. And yes, you posted before him. By LESS THAN A MINUTE. Well done.

Coffee's OP/thread appealed to me because in comparison to yours, he added an image, custom worded link, and gave his opinion on the game. All it took was an extra minute or two of effort. It's all small potatoes really, but that stuff makes for a much better looking and informative OP. And I wanted to post here to that it would bump it to the top so others would see this informative/attractive thread first.[/QUOTE]

trust me i dont care.

Awesome, I didn't realize it was Mac-compatible now. I already have it for PS3, so I'll pass, but its a great game.

I got this in the summer sale for $5, great for anyone wishing for a gorgeous side-scroller with a unigue 3 character setup

^ oh cool is that why it's on sale? it's steamplay now? I'm loving these Mac ports =) Although I beat it on PC.. now I have a Macbook even sweeter. Might try to see how it runs.

If you don't have this game yet, buy it now! Trine was one of the best platforming experiences I ever had, can't wait for Trine 2 and will gladly pay full price to play it when it's first released.

[quote name='killerthrust']trust me i dont care.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind...I probably should have read your original post before barraging you with insults. Nice fortitude, victory goes to you for being helpful to these forums.

Thanks, pictures are unnecessary. (although they do add to a post)

Wow, I cannot believe that I didn't try the demo sooner. Really great platforming puzzler (plus I love games that have a grappling arm ability

[quote name='youngavatar']wish i could buy this game but unfortunately i can't seem to purchase any games from steam i keep getting decline.[/QUOTE]

try it with paypal and see if that make a difference

I got this game on sale on Steam before for the same price. Worth every penny & them some. I never got around to finishing it, although it is brilliant. This holiday I'm highly anticipating some kick ass Steam deals!

[quote name='killerthrust']try it with paypal and see if that make a difference[/QUOTE]

i did but it reject my paypal and my other cards.

^you're probably not pressing the agree thing when purchasing. I had that problem before and it was because I didn't see/check the box.

[quote name='youngavatar']i did but it reject my paypal and my other cards.[/QUOTE]

hmm if u want you can transfer 5.00 to my paypal and i can gift it to you. Ive only done one transaction in the marketplace so i would suggest u find someone with a better marketplace rep if u dont trust me enough.

I bought Trine for $5 the first time it happened and...

... I still haven't played it. >_> Great game from what I hear.

I *really* wish they had Mac demos for these Steamplay games. Why don't they? In any case, the trailers sold me on it for sure. I just purchased it, but won't get to play it until tonight.

[quote name='celegus']Is it sort of like a "Lost Vikings 3"? May have to try it for this price..hmm...[/QUOTE]

In a way, yes. The only problem is that it's more action oriented and you don't have all three out on the screen at the same time unless you're doing local co-op (Which I don't remember if that's possible or not on the PC). Also it's significantly shorter, but at $5 it's hard to say no.

Can't wait for the second one.

[quote name='Adobe Jones']anyone know what the mac requirements are? I couldn't find them on steam.[/QUOTE]

These are the official system requirements for Mac:

Processor: Intel Mac
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: OpenGL 2.0 compatible video card with 256 MB shared or dedicated RAM (ATI or NVIDIA)
Hard Drive: 600 MB
Misc: Keyboard, Mouse with Secondary click enabled
http://www.maclife.com/forums/post/1754671

[quote name='Adobe Jones']anyone know what the mac requirements are? I couldn't find them on steam.[/QUOTE]

Which is all the more reason why lack of demos for the Mac is really annoying. We have to buy blindly. Who knows how well the game will really play on our computers. Sigh.

Can say that it doesn't run on my White Macbook from 08.

But it runs awesome on my desktop, it looks really beautiful and the gameplay is awesomesauce.

Well this sucks! I thought the deal was running through today, but that is not the case. Such a shame, I was looking forward to it.

[quote name='KingofGames']Well this sucks! I thought the deal was running through today, but that is not the case. Such a shame, I was looking forward to it.[/QUOTE]

For future reference, Steam Midweek Madness sales are pretty much always over by Thursday afternoon.

bread's done
Back