CAGcast #218: I Love You, Raptor

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#31 eataburger

eataburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

This CAGcast was owned by Wombat. I loved the way he threw himself into every topic and took chances to elevate the show.

#32 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:03 PM

Wayne's World is amazing and it's an SNL movie
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#33 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:06 PM

DL now
cant wait to listen
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#34 ChaoticClimax

ChaoticClimax

It's an Illusion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:26 PM

"Where's Creed buried?"

I literally died when I heard this. Funniest thing I have heard in a long time.
Posted Image
PS3 Trophy Card didn't work very well, nor do I give a shit about PS3 trophies. I assure you though, I have a PS3.

#35 sthenic

sthenic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:41 PM

Wait, wait, wait......

Cheapy, you would buy a new television, with a gimmick inarguably less popular and more expensive than motion controls, so you can give us impressions of 3D gaming? You "did it for us"? What kind of bullshit do you eat for breakfast, Cheapy?

It was "just a couple hundred dollars more" for this passing fad of 3D-ness yet the Kinect is only $150; The Move only $100. You dismiss an entire genre of gaming and it's 4 year proven history out of hand and embrace a niche gimmick that you've already said was underwhelming and won't last?

Nerd it up with those special glasses, dude. And tell us when the headaches begin.

Yep, I thought this was hilarious. Cheapy talking crap about all the 'sheep' who went out and bought Kinect and then he brags about his new 3D TV. Say "Baaaaaa" Cheapy. Classic.

#36 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:30 PM

The look of the new dashboard does suck. Some blinding white in there. Very plain. Brings back memories of the good 'ole days of DOS. It's almost like they needed some more cpu/gpu cycles or memory for Kinect processing so they made it flatter and more plain.

Ship hit the nail on the head. Let us re-arrange the interface to suit our needs ala the hi-tech Wii!!!!!
Been saying that for awhile.

ESPN app is great imo, but didn't know you need cabletv to see it. Thought you just needed your ISP to be on-board. No doubt its part of the price increase. It's the future of TV though- same with Netflix. Interface is smart and slick.

#37 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:41 PM

Wait, wait, wait......

Cheapy, you would buy a new television, with a gimmick inarguably less popular and more expensive than motion controls, so you can give us impressions of 3D gaming? You "did it for us"? What kind of bullshit do you eat for breakfast, Cheapy?

It was "just a couple hundred dollars more" for this passing fad of 3D-ness yet the Kinect is only $150; The Move only $100. You dismiss an entire genre of gaming and it's 4 year proven history out of hand and embrace a niche gimmick that you've already said was underwhelming and won't last?

Nerd it up with those special glasses, dude. And tell us when the headaches begin.

People are weird... They're willing to pay a premium for something that interests them, but when it comes to something like the Kinect anyone who would buy such a thing must be crazy.

Rockband doesn't interest me at all, but the CAGCast guys seem to love it. I'm guessing they spent way more on the various instruments than I spent to play Dance Central, but whatever. :roll:
Spoiler

Posted Image

#38 sheppyboy2000

sheppyboy2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:32 PM

Great new podcast guys... but onto business. Really out of date business.

Shipwreck, you recently snagged Flux and enjoy it. Have you thought about getting into ACTUAL board gaming? Not to sound like one of those elitist prick euro gamer kind of guys but based on some of the stuff you enjoy, I think you could really get into it. Especially since you live in Cincinatti Ohio which brings me to the next point, in Columbus Ohio, every year hosts one of the largest board gaming conventions in the US (Origins) and I'm going this next year. I'd be interested is sitting down and playing a game or three of Dominion or something with you.

Also, Wombat, when he mentioned this game, I nearly screamed out for your Flux Capacitor joke because you were VERY close to making a very nerdy joke I've made. Flux is made by Looney Labs that also publishes the official card game of Back to the Future. And yes, there is a Flux Capacitor in that game...

Goddam I'm a nerd....

#39 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:14 AM

Great show other than the fact i was eating a steak when all of the sudden wombat starts talking about going to the bathroom outside and how he had to bath in his kitchen. *SHUDDERS*
Insert clever line here......

#40 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:34 AM

People that don't piss in the shower are weird. It's only natural to get in there have the running water get your blatter thinking about pissing. What are you going to do? Get out of the shower to piss when there is a perfectly good drain to aim down?

#41 strife18

strife18

Finger Ling-ling Good!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:51 AM

Good show guys.

I'll be waiting to hear about Cheapy's Quattron TV as that was the model (maybe not the 3D or 60" version though) that I was looking into for a future purchase. I'm expecting a full review with pictures and video Cheapy, don't let me down!
Posted Image

#42 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:39 AM

Does Wombat slip a WKRP reference into every podcast? I think there was one last week too, and I can remember others, but I don't have time to go back and listen.

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

bmulligan.png<------GOOZEX ?    Goozex is dead.

#43 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:47 AM

Good show guys.

I'll be waiting to hear about Cheapy's Quattron TV as that was the model (maybe not the 3D or 60" version though) that I was looking into for a future purchase. I'm expecting a full review with pictures and video Cheapy, don't let me down!

But your monitor won't be able to display the color yellow correctly. You won't get the full effect until you contribute to Sharp's marketing budget and they start sourcing material with a new yellow signal. Some people will buy anything they see in a commercial.

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

bmulligan.png<------GOOZEX ?    Goozex is dead.

#44 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:58 AM

Cheapy, my name is pronounced the same as "Cosby" as in Bill Cosby. Don't let the Z fool you!

#45 GhostHead

GhostHead

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:21 AM

Great show guys! BTW I don't piss in the shower either. That's gross.

card.png

#46 mundione

mundione

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:21 AM

The opening moments of this particular show had me rolling with laughter. Thanks for another quality show from all three of you.

64996.png

#47 ianoid

ianoid

5me77i.us!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:53 AM

Oh, silly raptor. Goodness gracious, that was funny.

Disagree. That was the lowest moment on the show yet. I cringed. I love the Cagcasts. And I noticed the Shipwreck, the smart one, stayed well away from that bit. If you guys want to do bits, I suggest you write them in advance, and double check them for humor. As if the starting cornyness wasn't enough. Raptor was a sketch fit for a 3 year old.

Aside from that, great show, shorter than I'd like, but then we're all Jews around here, so we've heard that before.

Just played Dance Central. It's friggin' awesome. But they'll need 10 more games that good to make the Kinect a 'good deal'. And as far as I can tell, they have 0 more.

Don't come down too hard on us early adopters (Shipwreck clearly included). We just paid for that 3D 60" screen. Oh, but did you consider an HD projector instead? Could get 80" of screen for $1200.
Posted Image

#48 VaultDweller13

VaultDweller13

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:28 AM

Can the raptor become a regular character? Just wondering...
Posted Image

#49 WankerJist

WankerJist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:44 AM

Calling it now - Kinect will sell more than Rock Band 3 kits : (

#50 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:50 AM

Wait, wait, wait......

You're ignoring the fact that any high-end TV purchased from now own is going to support 3D. If CheapyD wanted a nice, new, big TV, of course he was going to get one that supported 3D.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#51 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:03 AM

I'm not really sold on Kinect from what I've played of it. I have room for it I suppose, but I don't want to rearrange furniture just to make using it comfortable. It may have potential in the future, but a lot of the games currently seem like tech demos or overly exhausting to play.

You guys definitely had better luck with the 360 Dashboard update than I did. It took me several tries just to get the thing installed, presumably because the servers were hit hard.

I'm looking forward to hearing some of CheapyD's 3D TV impressions.

#52 Punkyblue

Punkyblue

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:15 AM

I can’t believe it. I used to think of Shipwreck as an upstanding role model, someone I could look up to and respect. It was no surprise to learn that Cheapy pissed in the shower, but et tu, Shipwreck? It's just that I thought... I'm having trouble understanding--

I need to take a long, constitutional walk.

It feels like everything I knew to be true was just a vast conspiracy of lies, mistruths, and withheld information. I don’t know what to believe anymore. I just, I thought, I... I don’t know man. This is too much to handle at this stage of--

I can’t, I just can’t anymore.

#53 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:18 AM

I agree with Wombat and Shipwreck about the look of the new Xbox dashboard - it's a major downgrade. It also took me at least 20 minutes to download and install, even though I have 25/25 Mbps FIOS.

I think the reason it only took CheapyD two minutes is because there weren't many other people hitting the Xbox Japan servers trying to get the update. It was a lot slower for me here on the East coast, almost as slow as the last time I updated my PS3's firmware.

Edited by Curufinwe, 05 November 2010 - 12:28 PM.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#54 TheH2s

TheH2s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

Great show guys!

I have a question for Raptor. If you could eat anyone past or present who would it be?

#55 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:56 AM

I agree with Wombat and Shipwreck about the look of the new Xbox dashboard - it's a major downgrade. It also took me at least 20 minutes to download and install, even though I have 25/25 Mbps FIOS.

I think the reason it only took CheapyD two minutes is because there weren't many other people hitting the Xbox Japan servers trying to get thew update. It was a lot slower for me here on the East coast, almost as slow as the last time I updated my PS3's firmware.

This is the reason it took me 2 minutes.
Posted Image
Check your ISP on www.speedtest.net to see what you actually pull. I bet its not 25 Mbps up and down.

#56 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:36 PM

I'll take that bet. What do I win? :)

Posted Image

That's from a test I ran back in July since I'm at work right now, but I'll check it again from home tonight to make sure Verizon haven't been secretly lowering my connection speed.

#57 sheppyboy2000

sheppyboy2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:38 PM

Anytime someone estimates how long or fast a download took, I always instantly mistrust it. Because the apparently 30 minute PS3 downloads typically take me around 4-8 minutes. Which is comparable to Xbox Live since I'm Silver. And yes, Live is slower if you're Silver. Unless you're buying something... For the for the record, it's a slow morning...
Posted Image

#58 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:52 PM

Ta-Dow!
Posted Image
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#59 lebkin

lebkin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:48 PM

The dismissal of ESPN3 is easy if you have never used it (or can't use it). For me, it is a god send. The availability is not based on your cable provider, but by your internet provider. You do not have to have cable at all to us it.

Case in point, I have no cable service at all. So no ESPN for me. But my internet provider does support ESPN3. So on Saturdays, I have six or seven different football games I can choose from to watch. I can easily switch between them at will. Putting that on my Xbox is great. It is far better to watch it there then on my PC. So for me, great benefit.

As for the price increasing, this is the first Xbox Live has ever increased its prices. It was $50 a month on the original Xbox, 8 years ago. Why is it so unreasonable for the price to increase after 8 years?

#60 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:49 PM

I was thinking about going to Times Sq but none of my friends wanted to...yet they're the type that would wait in line for hours for a game or tickets to some stuff.

I think it would have been a great marketing event had wombat gone. shame on you cheapy for not getting him set up...think of the page views, new members (yes more trolls and spam), and overall traffic! as the USD drops in comparison to other currencies you'll need more of it! *end rant*

I think this is the first time the guys (cheapy) called out a user like this. have to find the original post.

I'm upset if the new dashboard really handles espn as wombat and ship mentioned. wtf is the point then?