Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels - XBLA (not the offical thread)

100xp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Since this is basically a bootleg neutered version of Tag Force I can't justify dropping any more than 400 points on this especially when TF5 came out last week. Updated card lists as DLC doesn't grab me either considering how rare it is for me to get the itch to play it.

if you love the game, dropping points never seemed to be an obstacle. look at MtG, the expansions hardly seem worth the points but we still buy them just because we crave more cards to play with/against.

[quote name='100xp']if you love the game, dropping points never seemed to be an obstacle. look at MtG, the expansions hardly seem worth the points but we still buy them just because we crave more cards to play with/against.[/QUOTE]

True. I've just never been the competitive sort even when I did play regularly as a kid. Early on I lacked the patience to get to that point and not much has changed since then. Again, I'll probably buy this if deal pops up for the online alone but the trial was beyond horrible. Zero shops, intentionally terrible starter deck in comparison to the portable games, lack of options to the speed of duels on top of cards being rewarded completely at random? My Whoring Out DLC sense started tingling something fierce. The amount of time you'd have to put in just to make a half decent deck didn't seem worth it especially when you are pitted up against established decks that never follow the current banlists (multiple copies of Solemn anyone?) Once I ran into Zombie Syncro w/ E-Teleport I couldn't delete the demo fast enough because I knew more than likely Tele-DAD would have been next.

fuck that noise.

[quote name='2DMention']If I like Culdcept Saga would I like this?[/QUOTE]

it's a bit more advanced that Culdcept Saga from what I've seen of that game. Best thing to do is, download the free trial and see if it's something you'd get into to or learn to get into.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']True. I've just never been the competitive sort even when I did play regularly as a kid. Early on I lacked the patience to get to that point and not much has changed since then. Again, I'll probably buy this if deal pops up for the online alone but the trial was beyond horrible. Zero shops, intentionally terrible starter deck in comparison to the portable games, lack of options to the speed of duels on top of cards being rewarded completely at random? My Whoring Out DLC sense started tingling something fierce. The amount of time you'd have to put in just to make a half decent deck didn't seem worth it especially when you are pitted up against established decks that never follow the current banlists (multiple copies of Solemn anyone?) Once I ran into Zombie Syncro w/ E-Teleport I couldn't delete the demo fast enough because I knew more than likely Tele-DAD would have been next.

fuck that noise.[/QUOTE]

I didn't play the trial much tbh, was just psyched to see the game finally come to the xbox. seeing it on a handheld didn't really do it for me even though it was really fun. I'm big on art being an artist myself. I didn't see all the updated rules or lack there of for playing...never played this card game competitively.

Dunno, seems the journey of playing over and over to build a solid deck or 3 would be rewarding even if it means some grueling unbalanced duels that you'll no doubt be put up against.

I haven't played the TCG in years but I used to play competitively. I find this enjoyable and am surprised at all the changes. I don't care about lack of features, its just fun to play and try out new cards and combos. I picked up the new stuff pretty quick, only wish there was a faster way to get cards.

Haven't tried online yet to see what other cards people are playing with but I imagine it would be a lot more fun. Sadly I just ran out of gold a couple weeks ago.

I play the TCG professionally :)

Horribly oudated compared to the real deal (it's about a year+ behind in both ban-list AND sets), and really lacking in the features that the portable YGO! games offer (especially the maddeningly addicting World Championship series). Still it's a great jump in point for people new(ish) to the series.

If there's a flaw, it's that card unlocking is BRUTAL and making a solid theme deck might just take 50+ HRs of grinding through the same weak sauce single player over & over again.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I play the TCG professionally :)

Horribly oudated compared to the real deal (it's about a year+ behind in both ban-list AND sets), and really lacking in the features that the portable YGO! games offer (especially the maddeningly addicting World Championship series). Still it's a great jump in point for people new(ish) to the series.

If there's a flaw, it's that card unlocking is BRUTAL and making a solid theme deck might just take 50+ HRs of grinding through the same weak sauce single player over & over again.[/QUOTE]

Mind if I ask what the current top decks are as of late? When last I stopped playing Quickdraw Sync and Frog decks were just starting to clean house.

bread's done
Back