Photo
- - - - -

Kmartgamer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7193 replies to this topic

#7171 Altanis

Altanis

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:51 AM

Again, KMART STORES DO NOT DO PRE-ORDERS. Only Kmart.com does.

*** I am in no way affiliated with Sears Holding Corporation or Kmart. I just apparently play a Kmart CSR in the KmartGamer CAG thread. ***

If you have a problem with me, PM me so I can ignore it.

#7172 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:11 AM

Only the PS3 copies will have Extraction for the first few releases labled as Limited Edition, so yes you can get Extraction from Kmart as well.

well reason i asked was i heard walmart wasnt selling the limited edition. so i was just making sure. ill try to go to my kmart at 10am to try to snag it.

EightBitArtist.png

#7173 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:24 AM

Uh Beatles Rock Band is still $9.99 at Gamestop if I recall correctly.

Link: http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?dsNav=Ntk:TitleKeyword%7Cbeatles%7C1%7C,N:375&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-aTJfrzhqWreQcgXx3B_vTg

uh.. yeah.. new copies look totally available.

http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=74158

//edit: I might take you up on that, nbballard

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7174 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:28 AM

uh.. yeah.. new copies look totally available.

http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=74158

//edit: I might take you up on that, nbballard

The four closest GS to me have it new. The guy was trying to help and didn't realize you only cared about online.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#7175 tripleoptic

tripleoptic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:30 AM

I've heard how horrible it is, I've seen someone play it before, I've read reviews... I don't know, but I just feel like before playing the other ones, I need to play this one. Plus, when I saw the guy playing it in person, I didn't think it looked that bad.

Also, there is now a SYWR Bonus program, separate from the V.I.P. program. I haven't gotten to V.I.P. yet, but I just got an email saying I'm in the bonus program, which gives you more point multiplier events, special offers, and emails with promotions for points. Huh.

I think if you like sandbox games you should probably play the first as others said you likely won't play the first if you start the second or get frustrated with it.

Having said that I do not like sandbox games like GTA and AC. I do like infamous and prototype though. To each his own I suppose.

#7176 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:32 AM

The four closest GS to me have it new. The guy was trying to help and didn't realize you only cared about online.

I didn't realize it was B&M as well. I checked the thread and no one talked about picking it up in-store.. thanks for the heads up.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7177 Anomareh

Anomareh

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:44 AM

So is the Dead Space 2 w/ point card deal B&M? Or will it be online too? Sorry if it's already been asked/answered. I searched around a bit in this thread and didn't see anything.

#7178 Altanis

Altanis

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:46 AM

B&M only. The Kmart.com deal is going to be a coupon, since it's tied directly to your Kmart.com account.

*** I am in no way affiliated with Sears Holding Corporation or Kmart. I just apparently play a Kmart CSR in the KmartGamer CAG thread. ***

If you have a problem with me, PM me so I can ignore it.

#7179 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:16 PM

Popped into Kmart last night after quickly checking on my phone for their weekly ad. My friend and I wanted to get Mass Effect 2 and LBP2 for the PS3 for $80...Sounded great.

I'm going to paraphrase...Got the games, they didn't ring up correctly. Went through hoops to show them that the advertised price actually was from Kmartgamer.com, and that I wasn't attempting to "scam" them (sick of these prices not being in the ads(especially with Kmart's stupid employees/policies)). Walked up to the service desk because I didn't want my friend/former co-worker to override the system and input the games at their correct prices (he would have been fired today had he done so).

The employee and I get up there and show them the same ad. She immediately notices that there is a current pricing error (which I didn't before walking in), and that the problem should be fixed by today. At this point I'm thinking to myself, "Awesome, now override the price and let me leave"...To which she mentally replied, "Hell no".

Regardless; upon reading this, she told me I'd either have to return today (BS). or purchase them at full retail and hope the problem is fixed today when I could return/rebuy them.

Now, I'm not a stupid person, nor am I a person that doesn't understand how Kmart works...They could have overridden the prices, and should have last night (especially when I jumped through hoops to prove that their pricing was incorrect, and actually "was" their own. Upon returning to my place, my friend and I noticed a B2G1 on Amazon. Did that without a hassle, and for less money. I'm sorry again, SHC...But your stores are filled with incompetent employees. Spending 45 minutes clarifying a price, just to be told to go home or return for a potential price change, is stupid...I really think I'll be spending my money elsewhere from now on. Regardless of how hard you try, your retarded underlings will always toss a monkey-wrench into the workings...

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#7180 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:00 PM

Popped into Kmart last night after quickly checking on my phone for their weekly ad. My friend and I wanted to get Mass Effect 2 and LBP2 for the PS3 for $80...Sounded great.

I'm going to paraphrase...Got the games, they didn't ring up correctly. Went through hoops to show them that the advertised price actually was from Kmartgamer.com, and that I wasn't attempting to "scam" them (sick of these prices not being in the ads(especially with Kmart's stupid employees/policies)). Walked up to the service desk because I didn't want my friend/former co-worker to override the system and input the games at their correct prices (he would have been fired today had he done so).

The employee and I get up there and show them the same ad. She immediately notices that there is a current pricing error (which I didn't before walking in), and that the problem should be fixed by today. At this point I'm thinking to myself, "Awesome, now override the price and let me leave"...To which she mentally replied, "Hell no".

Regardless; upon reading this, she told me I'd either have to return today (BS). or purchase them at full retail and hope the problem is fixed today when I could return/rebuy them.

Now, I'm not a stupid person, nor am I a person that doesn't understand how Kmart works...They could have overridden the prices, and should have last night (especially when I jumped through hoops to prove that their pricing was incorrect, and actually "was" their own. Upon returning to my place, my friend and I noticed a B2G1 on Amazon. Did that without a hassle, and for less money. I'm sorry again, SHC...But your stores are filled with incompetent employees. Spending 45 minutes clarifying a price, just to be told to go home or return for a potential price change, is stupid...I really think I'll be spending my money elsewhere from now on. Regardless of how hard you try, your retarded underlings will always toss a monkey-wrench into the workings...

Yep, completely and totally ridiculous. But one thing I never understand from the issues posted here is why fight it? Why not just buy one of the games knowing that you can just contact me and I'll mail out the value of the promotion?

If a store is giving you grief, don't spend 45 minutes trying to work it out. Spend 1 minute emailing me and I will always do what is right.

#7181 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:29 PM

Yep, completely and totally ridiculous. But one thing I never understand from the issues posted here is why fight it? Why not just buy one of the games knowing that you can just contact me and I'll mail out the value of the promotion?

If a store is giving you grief, don't spend 45 minutes trying to work it out. Spend 1 minute emailing me and I will always do what is right.

1) Because it shouldn't be like that.

2) Things get lost in the mail. Shit happens. You might get hit by a bus.

3) maybe he only had limited cash on him.

But mostly 1. It's just frustrating. We support your great effort but why support someone (local workers) who doesn't want to help themselves.

#7182 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:32 PM

1) Because it shouldn't be like that.

2) Things get lost in the mail. Shit happens. You might get hit by a bus.

But mostly 1. It's just frustrating. We support your great effort but why support someone (local workers) who doesn't want to help themselves.

Totally agree that it shouldn't be like that. But barring be hit by a bus and things being lost in the mail (which I can still help with), I'd rather a customer (especially someone as cool as Howeller :) ) not waste their valueable time and let me step in.

#7183 Interfeci

Interfeci

ASSIMILATE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:34 PM

For a lot of people, the concept of one man correcting the wrongs of a retail store is completely unheard of. That, and it's sort of a turn-off when you have all associates in a B&M location tell you that if you're right, you should just come back and waste your time later.
PEW PEW PEW.

#7184 tranceFusion

tranceFusion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:38 PM

So does Dead Space 2 points deal stack with the buy one get one half off?

#7185 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:39 PM

For a lot of people, the concept of one man correcting the wrongs of a retail store is completely unheard of. That, and it's sort of a turn-off when you have all associates in a B&M location tell you that if you're right, you should just come back and waste your time later.

I totally understand, but the inverse is probably also true. If it was me, I'd just tell them, alright, I'm contacting Josh. Then when you go back in with a gift card I'd have kind of heir of "I told you so."

#7186 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:39 PM

Totally agree that it shouldn't be like that. But barring be hit by a bus and things being lost in the mail (which I can still help with), I'd rather a customer (especially someone as cool as Howeller :) ) not waste their valueable time and let me step in.

I hear you. I wouldn't spend more than 5 minutes dealing with a situation. And I'd definitely just ask you to deal with it.

But it would still turn me off to shopping there again. I'm not that cheap. I'll gladly pay extra for convenience and good customer service.

I know this isn't positive feedback but I hope you use it to get your overlords to see what's holding you guys back as a company.

#7187 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:40 PM

So does Dead Space 2 points deal stack with the buy one get one half off?

It does.

Just a heads up for .com though, there will be no online coupon for Dead Space 2.

#7188 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:47 PM

I hear you. I wouldn't spend more than 5 minutes dealing with a situation. And I'd definitely just ask you to deal with it.

But it would still turn me off to shopping there again. I'm not that cheap. I'll gladly pay extra for convenience and good customer service.

I know this isn't positive feedback but I hope you use it to get your overlords to see what's holding you guys back as a company.

Definitely agree.

#7189 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:11 PM

That would be my reason for not picking up the games at full price and waiting for the savings later. I may not have the money available on demand to purchase two full price games and a points cards.

#7190 WoodyChris

WoodyChris

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:17 PM

I went in on Tuesday to pickup LittleBigPlanet 2 and Dead Rising 2, trying to get the 50% off . I looked in the case for LBP2 and there was a spot next to the original. I proceeded to the service desk in electronics and asked the sales rep if they had anymore copies. She said that she would check in the back. When she came back she said that they had not gotten LBP2 or Mass Effect 2 in on their truck. I thanked her for her time, not really her fault, and went to Walmart and picked up LBP2.

Why would K-Mart advertise that they were going to have an item on a date and then not even have it in their store on that date? Most stores have it in their stock room almost a week prior to the street date. If she told me that they were sold out, I would have understood. She couldn't even tell me when the game was going to arrive at the store.

I'm sorry SHC-Gamer, but your B&M stores are your companies worst enemy. I have had issues with them updating their pricing in the past and having copies of games on the shelf on their release date. I know you are trying to promote K-Mart as a gamer friendly store, but it is anything but. BTW, this was the store in Westtown shopping center in Martinez, GA.

#7191 medetron

medetron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:21 PM

wow that really sucks, but one thing i never understood is why no one gets a manager involved? if an employee is being rude or just flat out not willing to work with a customer, that right there is a huge problem. being a manager for a few places i can tell you the first and number one rule is the customer is always right. have you called the manager over you probably could have been in and out in less then 5 minutes. IF the manager didn't/want to help you out then in that case we see why the employees are the way they are. to make a long story short josh help me straighten out a kmart from rude employees to upper staff that didn't care. now its like heaven when i shop at k-mart. people if you are frustrated with how k-mart is in you're area, contact josh and together can sort out the store. sounds crazy but YES 1 person DOES make a difference :applause:

#7192 Megatim81

Megatim81

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

I have had to get 2 gift cards; one for the enslaved price drop at the call of duty launch, and one for bad company 2. Never had a problem.

I am glad that i have extra money, but i just stick to the fact that i am right, and no matter what the employee says Josh has my back.

Heck, after my preferred kmart failed to have metroid shelved, josh sent a skull crushing email and i haven't had a problem with stock since.

#7193 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

I think howeller used to work at a kmart and hated the managers. Maybe even that kmart.

#7194 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

Cheapy asked me to create a new one. I'm formatting different sections in the firsts posts that will hopefully help everyone.