- - - - -

Kmartgamer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7193 replies to this topic

#91 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:15 AM

Did anyone else get Enslaved 360?

Does your copy look like a reshrink and has a sticker upc over the barcode?

ew.
I hate when new stuff comes like that. I'd take it back just for the principle.

#92 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:20 AM

DAMMIT! I guess I better return this then. It just doesn't FEEL right.

thanks

edit: does yours have french on the back?

(I'm not sure how I can explain that I don't want one with a stickered UPC on the back and weird shrink wrap without looking like a complete moron.)

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#93 jsb2642

jsb2642

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:24 AM

I'll save all the details of my day but in a nut shell; one guy wasn't smart enough to run the register and I ruined his day telling someone about the points offer since he had to sign her up, he also was too lazy it seems to at least check for me if they had gotten the hardened or prestige editions. His buddy, who was late, rung me up a wii, black ops and the fallout new vegas to 238.xx with my 2 coupons for 35 off, the other $15 coupon I had, it seems, disappeared once I handed all 3 to him. I was going to be late for work so I left without fighting too much about the missing coupon. Once I was out the door I realized I didnt get my patch, oh well. On the plus side, once I got to the car I looked at my receipt and seen all my points for the wii and black ops, not to mention he seemed to compensate me for my missing coupon with the stores copy of fallout as its nowhere to be found on the receipt, how nice of him to help me rip off the store to make up for ripping me off. I wont be going to this store again, despite them hooking me up with the "free" game, the game selection sucks, the employees are lazy, rude, unhelpful idiots, and some at least are thieves it seems to boot. This is the same store where it was suggested I do the whole buy a game that prints a coupon and return it keeping the coupon to use later deal, by an employee no less, so I'm not surprised. At least I got another kmart up the road that's much better, I stopped by there after work and scored the hardened edition, which makes me think the other store got at least 1 copy but the guy didn't want to look or the employees got 1st dibs, too bad I wasted my time and money at the first one this morning cause I would of also picked up dragons age, the 2nd game I really wanted with the deal, so I missed out on that. I guess its not too horrible of a story, I got mostly what I wanted and a "free" game, but I cant help think how I'd be feeling about my day had the guy took my coupon and charged me like he should of. I also figured out that I'll have to keep an eye on them ringing up everything and to make sure to hand the coupons over one at a time. I don't mind supporting josh and these deals with my money, but it seems to me that the store employees are killing this for everyone. I wouldn't mind rectifying this situation but I kind feel like I'd be getting reamed to do so, If I took black ops and the fallout copies back, I'd be out the 35 in coupons I got to use, not to mention the $15 coupon that disappeared between my hands and the cashiers.

Edited by jsb2642, 10 November 2010 - 05:43 AM.

#94 foilphob

foilphob

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:37 AM

Sorry to add a bad post to a new thread, but it has to be said. Went to the Portland, OR store (not to sure of actual street, but it is near I-205) to pick up Black Ops. Went into the electronics department to actually find someone working there for once (or so it seemed). Daniel (I believe was his name) was pretty much talking with a girl (assumed to be his girlfriend, but definitely not a customer) while away from the register. I head on up to the register, and ask for assistance. Once he comes up, I ask for a copy of Black Ops for 360 and Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2. He starts ringing me up, and things are going well (including using my $20 coupon from Rock Band 3), until it gets to the total. He didn't take my $25 off for buying them together. He and I banter a bit, and I mention that it should be $25 cheaper due to a deal from your blog. He then goes off about how the website deals do not count, and aren't valid. I found this confusing since every other deal I've used has worked, but went with it. I put the Star Wars back, and just bought Black Ops. Following, I asked if I could use my phone number in place of my Rewards card for the points. He then said that he'd already rang it up, and couldn't change anything (before I'd paid!). Getting frustrated, I at least expected a patch, which of course he didn't have! I left quite fumed.

In recap, no 25,000 rewards points, no patch, no $25 off a game, and plenty of attitude. Definitely a bad experience, and something I wish wouldn't have happened.

#95 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:37 AM

Any chance of seeing a deal for 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors for the DS next week?

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#96 ArQuesta

ArQuesta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:45 AM

thanks

(I'm not sure how I can explain that I don't want one with a stickered UPC on the back and weird shrink wrap without looking like a complete moron.)

I didn't have the sticker over the UPC but my copy on PS3 that I bought a few weeks back was re-shrink-wrapped. It had the Marvel comic included in it and the front cover was slightly different than the normal one; it had a little icon on the front stating that there was a comic inside. I'm wondering if the games were opened to replace the cover and insert the Marvel comic. Unfortunately I don't have a stack of Enslaved to examine in order to discover if that's the case but it makes sense to me.

EDIT: I went to the Arroyo Grande, CA Kmart today for Black Ops and they were fantastic as usual. I was rang up quickly and had no problem getting my points using my phone number instead of my card which was lost somewhere in my purse. I didn't get the patch though. I totally forgot about it so for all I know the employee didn't know or they had ran out of them. It was fairly late in the day when I managed to get to the stores. Either way this Kmart is 120% better staffed, much cleaner and smoother functioning than the Kmart in Bakersfield, CA where I normally go. I'm a bit saddened that in another week I'll have to deal with them again.

#97 Achilles00

Achilles00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:49 AM

$30 gaming coupon on the CE, $20 on the standard.

Wow. That's probably enough to get me back to Kmart. Too good of a deal to pass up.
Posted Image

#98 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:50 AM

Geez, another thread already. Soon these will be a monthly thing.

#99 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:51 AM

thanks

Yes, it has the French. Kind of odd, thanks for confirming it's supposed to be in French too (I hope)
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#100 Montes

Montes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:53 AM

Any idea of the deal for Gran Turism? (especially the CE)

#101 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:02 AM

This. I would like to know, too!

#102 thedanceman

thedanceman

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:04 AM

Bought Black Ops for the 360 this morning, got the points and then a few hours later I used the points to buy the PC version of Black Ops. Best sale ever! Great deals Kmart!

#103 Gorge

Gorge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:08 AM

Quick question, to get the points for COD, do I have to register for this rewards card before I buy the game? Basically, I don't understand at all how we get our points. Is this rewards card something you register for in-store?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#104 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:13 AM

Any chance of seeing a deal for 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors for the DS next week?

KMart typically does not stock these kind of niche releases. I haven't seen many atlus releases at all in stores. I would check with josh if they plan on buying any first. (doubtful)

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

http://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#105 joker36635

joker36635

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:20 AM

If I remember correctly, there was a $20 coupon offer before it got delayed. The CE would probably be the same as the SE.

#106 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:27 AM

Sorry to add a bad post to a new thread, but it has to be said. Went to the Portland, OR store (not to sure of actual street, but it is near I-205) to pick up Black Ops. Went into the electronics department to actually find someone working there for once (or so it seemed). Daniel (I believe was his name) was pretty much talking with a girl (assumed to be his girlfriend, but definitely not a customer) while away from the register. I head on up to the register, and ask for assistance. Once he comes up, I ask for a copy of Black Ops for 360 and Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2. He starts ringing me up, and things are going well (including using my $20 coupon from Rock Band 3), until it gets to the total. He didn't take my $25 off for buying them together. He and I banter a bit, and I mention that it should be $25 cheaper due to a deal from your blog. He then goes off about how the website deals do not count, and aren't valid. I found this confusing since every other deal I've used has worked, but went with it. I put the Star Wars back, and just bought Black Ops. Following, I asked if I could use my phone number in place of my Rewards card for the points. He then said that he'd already rang it up, and couldn't change anything (before I'd paid!). Getting frustrated, I at least expected a patch, which of course he didn't have! I left quite fumed.

In recap, no 25,000 rewards points, no patch, no $25 off a game, and plenty of attitude. Definitely a bad experience, and something I wish wouldn't have happened.

....yet you still.. bought.. the game..

sigh. Take it back, talk to Josh, try again

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#107 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:33 AM

Josh just a request - would be awesome if kmart could run a deal on the Call of Duty games on Wii.

I'm loving goldeneye and I think something like buy Black Ops Wii and get Modern Warfare Reflex with $20 off if kmart has the stock, especially since there wasn't a wii COD deal this week.

Or even just a standalone Reflex and World at War deal like was run a few weeks back on the HD versions of CoD4 and World at War. I very rarely see these discounted anywhere so if kmart would be interested in moving some stock on these it would be great.

Also it looks like target will be having Modern Warfare Reflex for $27 on black friday. I'd rather give kmart my money.

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#108 coolrust

coolrust

Kupalizm Mode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:34 AM

I bought the cod and which games are supposed to have $25 off instantly?

#109 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:40 AM

The list of games is linked in the first post of the thread.

#110 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:45 AM

....yet you still.. bought.. the game..

sigh. Take it back, talk to Josh, try again

For real.

I can't believe how many guys come in here bitching about they didn't get the deal or couldn't use the stacked coupons, yet bought the game anyways. Can't you just say, "Okay, forget it then" and walk away?

Timid ass people.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#111 Xfactor19990

Xfactor19990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:52 AM

lol i wonder what KMArt will have for BF !

#112 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:54 AM

For real.

I can't believe how many guys come in here bitching about they didn't get the deal or couldn't use the stacked coupons, yet bought the game anyways. Can't you just say, "Okay, forget it then" and walk away?

Timid ass people.

Seriously. This is America! Have it your way like burger king. I've given a 2-3 people a HARD time when they were trying to be all evasive about doing their job.

#113 sonic51489

sonic51489

Awesometastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:00 AM

Quick question, to get the points for COD, do I have to register for this rewards card before I buy the game? Basically, I don't understand at all how we get our points. Is this rewards card something you register for in-store?

You can register for the card while you are getting the game but before you pay for it. That's exactly what I did and i got the points. (I did it in store, btw)

#114 themon

themon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:07 AM

hey josh, is ther any chance of the sly cooper collection coming in by saturday?

the coupon i want to use expires saturday so im just wondering

#115 Maniac Mansion

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:09 AM

If an item (in this instance Red Wii) is on layaway would it still show in stock through MyGofer or no?

#116 Konflictd

Konflictd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:10 AM

Thanks Josh for the sweet deal, just picked up Black Ops PS3 and Dragon Age Origins Ultimate PS3 for about $80. Sucks that i wasnt able to get the hardened edition of black ops i requested from Stock Boy lol damn school! :bomb:

#117 Bud Bundy Doll

Bud Bundy Doll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:11 AM

I bought three copies of COD this morning (8AM), and the lady working there was really nice (although she looks tough!) Se even happily rang them up separately! I used 4 coupons I had from the Fallout, Fable and MoH deal and still have $70 credit left on there!

#118 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:12 AM

It will always be the Sears Tower, Willis who?

Bruce of course...
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#119 kitm9891

kitm9891

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:13 AM

Sorry to hear that and Im assuming the location you went to was probably the Sandy location? Well I know that Im completely out of the way for you but if you ever find yourself in the Oregon City area I would be glad to make things right and earn your business here. Ive got plenty of Black Ops, the headsets and the patches so just let me know if you want to make the trip out here and I can make sure whatever you need is set aside for you to try and make your trip as painless as possible. Im sure Josh can make things right either way but figured I would throw my offer out there in an attempt to solve the problem.

#120 Maniac Mansion

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:17 AM

LOL I did a search on the Kmart site for Sin & Punishment 2 & it gave me a bunch of powertools for search results. :lol: