Photo
- - - - -

Silent Hill Film Sequel is a go!: ROSE IS BACK!!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:20 PM

I give the director some credit for the first movie, he actually tired his best to make the movie based on the game,that and the creature costumes were great.The problem was the script which was horrible,acting wasn't good either.That and the movie was a half a hour too long.It is the best game movie but really has no competition since all game movies are just garbage.I don't have any hope for this one since its the same writer.

Edited by themaster20000, 09 March 2011 - 11:31 PM.

#32 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:49 AM

I give the director some credit for the first movie, he actually tired his best to make the movie based on the game,that and the creature costumes were great.The problem was the script which was horrible,acting wasn't good either.That and the movie was a half a hour too long.It is the best game movie but really has no competition since all game movies are just garbage.I don't have any hope for this one since its the same writer.

Hey you didn't like any of the MORRRRRRTAL KOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMBAT movies?

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#33 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:18 AM

I saw Highlander 3 with Deborah Kara Unger. Her ( o Y o) are nyce.

I'm only saying that because she was in the original silent hill :D

#34 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:21 AM

Hey you didn't like any of the MORRRRRRTAL KOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMBAT movies?

The first one is a guilty pleasure,and the second one is just garbage. I actually enjoyed the first street fighter movie more than silent hill since its just more entertaining compared to silent hill which was pretty boring most of the time.

#35 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:19 PM

Well it appears that Rose and gang from the first movie are going to be in it! Glad to hear it!

http://www.comingsoo...ws.php?id=75288

#36 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:22 PM

Well it appears that Rose and gang from the first movie are going to be in it! Glad to hear it!

http://www.comingsoo...ws.php?id=75288

Nooooooooo, why?! There's no reason to bring her back and explain anything since it was perfect how it ended.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#37 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:19 PM

It almost seems like bringing them back was a last second thought to gain a little more attraction to the film. I mean, when you first start off with letting the public know that you have an attached subtitle like the horrible Resident Evil films, it already sounds a bit shady. Filming in 3D is the second mistake. Sure, it could be cool to "experience" the town in a third-dimension, but do you honestly expect it to be a revolutionary 3D movie? I don't. Then, you get some unknowns, play on the plot of the third game, and throw in some characters from the first film. It's starting to sound like an amalgamation of shit to me, right now.

76561198003985248.png

#38 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:27 PM

It almost seems like bringing them back was a last second thought to gain a little more attraction to the film. I mean, when you first start off with letting the public know that you have an attached subtitle like the horrible Resident Evil films, it already sounds a bit shady. Filming in 3D is the second mistake. Sure, it could be cool to "experience" the town in a third-dimension, but do you honestly expect it to be a revolutionary 3D movie? I don't. Then, you get some unknowns, play on the plot of the third game, and throw in some characters from the first film. It's starting to sound like an amalgamation of shit to me, right now.

Trying to turn it into a RE-like cash cow. Moooooooooooo

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#39 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:27 PM

Who the Fuck are these actors? I can think of several young, more well known actresses who could play Heather. I have no idea if these people are going to be any good or not... probably not. Not that I'm really surprised.

Kit Harrington is a new actor who's also in HBO's A Game of Thrones with Sean Bean. Being that he's a major character in the series and HBO usually casts well, I'd say he's got the chops.

#40 tiredfornow

tiredfornow

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:52 PM

I was thinking about the first film the other day, nice to see the sequel coming soon. I don't really mind that Rose is back, but I really hope her appearance isn't corny, or a big key to whatever the plot is.

Oh, I recently saw Monsters, and when I read this, I thought "Damn, that girl would probably make a good Heather" - Whitney Able - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2016345/ - Oh well.

Either way, I'll be watching this, since SH is one of my fav gaming series. :D

Posted Image

#41 Stonecoldfreak1

Stonecoldfreak1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

Trying to turn it into a RE-like cash cow. Moooooooooooo

If this was the case then we would of had a new one a long time ago I think.

#42 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

If this was the case then we would of had a new one a long time ago I think.

Well one of the reasons it took so long for a sequel was because they needed a new director.Still not really smart to make a sequel to a dying series. When the first film came out in 2006,the series was still really popular,now its on life support if you ask me.

#43 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:44 PM

Well one of the reasons it took so long for a sequel was because they needed a new director.Still not really smart to make a sequel to a dying series. When the first film came out in 2006,the series was still really popular,now its on life support if you ask me.

I have to agree. Homecoming came out probably right after the pinnacle of the Silent Hill franchise here in the U.S. Sure, Silent Hill 2 is regarded as the gem of the series, but it never did seem popular back even when Silent Hill 3 or 4 were released. Resident Evil seemed to always over-shadow it. With Homecoming being directed more towards the RE4/RE5 crowd, it seemed like Konami was ready to do whatever they had to to make a few dollars off the series. With Shattered Memories coming out on PS2, Wii, and PSP (PS2 pretty much ending it's life-support around the time that was released, and Wii not really the general crowd for a Silent Hill game) it seems to be fading. Now with Downpour, it seems to not be getting much a lot of attention, and with Yamaoka leaving, it seems like the Silent Hill series is fading away with a bitter taste left in the mouths of the fans.

But, that's just how I feel. I'm a bit of a fan of the series, and would give a nut for Team Silent to wrap up the series, but that's a different discussion for a different topic. With a Silent Hill movie, you're honestly just going to have to settle for "good enough."

76561198003985248.png

#44 paulina7m

paulina7m

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:42 AM

I liked the Silent Hill game and also the movie. Hope the they can make the sequel equally nice, although I doubt that, but let's just see.
I am a big fan of PC browser games. Don't push downloads on me. :roll:

My website: Virtual Life Games

#45 Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:50 AM

i loved the first, got the BR of it, ill wait for the non 3d version of the sequel to be released on BR since obviously they wont do that for the theatrical release ;|

#46 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:58 AM

Rose? Who's Rose again?
Spoiler

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image