Silent Hill Film Sequel is a go!: ROSE IS BACK!!

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuck. Well, that's another great movie franchise ruined. fuck 3D and fuck my life for the scriptwriter going to jail for vehicular manslaughter. The first film was absolutely amazing; perfectly captured Silent Hill. At this point, there's no need for a sequel IMO.

The original sucked and this sequel is gonna suck as well. Now had they based the first movie on the first game then it might've been a decent flick. The only redeeming parts of the movie was the fact that the 'creatures' were all people in outfits and not CGI and the scene with Pyramid Head skinning that one mf'er by the church.

Otherwise it became a jumbled mess of plots and sub-plots that became confusing and annoying to watch.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The original sucked and this sequel is gonna suck as well. Now had they based the first movie on the first game then it might've been a decent flick. The only redeeming parts of the movie was the fact that the 'creatures' were all people in outfits and not CGI and the scene with Pyramid Head skinning that one mf'er by the church.

Otherwise it became a jumbled mess of plots and sub-plots that became confusing and annoying to watch.[/QUOTE]

If I were to compare it to Resident Evil :Apocalypse of 2004 or Resident Evil Extinction of 2007, I still say the Silent Hill of 2006 was way better than both Resident Evil movies. Just be thankful Paul Anderson did not direct or write Silent Hill or else it would have been a real mess.

Like I said, I really liked the first Silent Hill movie... the ending left an open interpretation of how things will go for the next movie.

[quote name='Jodou']The first film was absolutely amazing; perfectly captured Silent Hill. At this point, there's no need for a sequel IMO.[/QUOTE]

This. It was a perfect recreation of Silent Hill and remains one of my favorite video game movies.

It's awesome on Blu Ray, btw.. the sounds when Pyramid is closing in.. the knife/spear thing scraping along the floor, getting closer and closer.. awesome

[quote name='ITDEFX']Like I said, I really liked the first Silent Hill movie... the ending left an open interpretation of how things will go for the next movie.[/QUOTE]
Which is how it should remain. Quite honestly, I thought it was one of the few perfect horror movies.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The original sucked and this sequel is gonna suck as well. Now had they based the first movie on the first game then it might've been a decent flick. The only redeeming parts of the movie was the fact that the 'creatures' were all people in outfits and not CGI and the scene with Pyramid Head skinning that one mf'er by the church.

Otherwise it became a jumbled mess of plots and sub-plots that became confusing and annoying to watch.[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it.

I thought Silent Hill was quite good, for being a gaming movie and a "horror" movie but the plot was a bit confusing at times (it was untangled a bit towards the end though). I want to see the second one obviously, maybe they can make it a bit more focused on the scares though then last time. IMO there weren't very many scary moments in Silent Hill.

The story was just as weak in the game as in the movie. Gladly the movie got rid of the Flauros and Motorcycle with the cure. I think the movie had a more coherent story and pacing than the game. I also only played the game recently, like a month ago for the first time, and I was not impressed.

[quote name='ITDEFX']If I were to compare it to Resident Evil :Apocalypse of 2004 or Resident Evil Extinction of 2007, I still say the Silent Hill of 2006 was way better than both Resident Evil movies. Just be thankful Paul Anderson did not direct or write Silent Hill or else it would have been a real mess.

Like I said, I really liked the first Silent Hill movie... the ending left an open interpretation of how things will go for the next movie.[/QUOTE]
I don't care who is directing this one or directed the first one. At least if they get what's his face, M. Night Shamamalan or however the fuck you spell his name to direct it at least I'll know in advance that it's gonna suck balls.

Silent Hill was sort of like Open Water to me. I came in hoping for the best, but by the end of the movie I was just wishing it would fuckin' end already.:roll:

Maybe I have a skewed view of the original game, but I just found that one to be more fun to play than any of the ones that came after it. It was the first game of that nature that I actually re-played multiple times to get the different endings.

I loved the first movie, even though the story started to fall apart during the 2nd half. Havent seen another video game movie capture the same look and feeling as the game they're based on.

The 3d part's got me worried about the sequel. Seems like they gotta include it to cash in on the craze.

[quote name='2DMention']I was hoping the new movie would follow the plot of 2, which would be awesome. Looks like it's gonna be like 3.[/QUOTE]
This. With the In Water ending.

[quote name='whoknows']I liked Homecoming. Not sure why everyone hates it so much.[/QUOTE]
Me to. I love Origins & Homecomming. I dont think people really understood Homecomming, though.

Liked the first SH movie, have no faith for this one. I just expect another shitty cash in on 3D.

[quote name='whoknows']I liked Homecoming. Not sure why everyone hates it so much.[/QUOTE]

REALLY? It's 2010, you've been here for HOW LONG and you still question why people hate games you like?

I thought we answered in years ago; you have a higher tolerance for shitty games than most people.

I actually liked the first movie. Rhadha Mitchell and Sean Bean were great. It's pretty much an example of how you can make a videogame based movie that would at least be interesting to a non-gamer audience member while still delivering the themes from the game that the gamer audience member is expecting.

Unfortunately, Uncharted took the opposite route. They are changing the plot way too much (no Sully...instead the stupid idea of De Niro and Pesci as Drake's father and uncle...uhm, WTF?) when they should just directly follow the game, and they are casting someone that worked with the director before and doesn't fit the role rather than casting an absolutely perfect choice that was 100% ready and willing to play the role.

Prince of Persia is another one that should have just used the game itself as the script. You could burn through that game in 3 hours and it had a great story. They could have trimmed minimal fat and had a textbook "Disney movie" that was more in line with their animated classics than a mid-tier summer blockbuster.

I enjoyed the first film, but that might just be because Sean Bean is in it. Anyways, as long as they have nurses portrayed by dancers again, I'll be pleased.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Me to. I love Origins & Homecomming. I dont think people really understood Homecomming, though.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you guys, I loved Homecoming. I'm a huge Silent Hill fan and I'm not sure why people hate Homecoming. Sure, it was no Silent Hill 2 but it had a compelling story, an amazing score and was better than 4.

I loved the movie too. I thought the use of the music from the games was a stroke of genius because the music is a large part of what makes Silent Hill amazing.

I loved that they didn't puss out and go PG-13. Radha Mitchell and Sean Bean were great. I liked that it was a movie you had to think about after it was over, instead of so many movies that you forget 5 minutes after you watch them.

I"m glad they are doing another but I am a bit worried. I'm sick of the 3d thing and I was hoping that would have gone away by now. Oh well, maybe by the time this is getting ready to hit theaters they will release a directors cut of the first one with some additional materials.

I thought the first one was great from start to finish. I don't remember much from it, I really should watch it again. I am getting excited for the second one now!!!

I'm broken on the first film. I enjoyed it because the atmosphere of the town was great, Yamaoka did the sound design and brought back some great tracks for the score, Sean Bean was in it, and Avery tried to throw in some nods to the game while crafting something new... But I hated how they almost 'industrialized' Pyramid Head, I didn't enjoy the little girl's performance, and the story WAS weak. Gans' direction wasn't horrible, but it wasn't anything amazing either.

I'm not excited for this film at all. Originally I heard that Avery was writing and directing the second film, but that obviously fell through. I've heard decent enough things about Solomon Kane, but that doesn't do anything for me. Now that we get that cosplay shot of Heather, I'd just say fuck it.

Also, this was posted on /film in the comments section, which could be part of the script or just some random fan script. If it's the real deal, the writing already looks pretty amateur.

166639_10150120409201147_533201146_8284381_7640837_n.jpg

As for hating Homecoming, 0rigins, and not fully liking Shattered Memories, there's a few reasons. First, of course, is being that Team Silent had nothing to do with them. I would give anything to have them come back together and wrap up the series. It won't be the same and will never be the same.

Homecoming pissed me off so much because it pretty much felt like the developers didn't even play the games prior; they just watched the film and did their thing. It's pretty much like the original Resident Evil games vs. 4 and 5. Sure, I liked 4, and 5 was fun, but the original games still are much more enjoyable for me.

For Shattered Memories, they could have decided to not make it a Silent Hill game, fudge a little bit of the details and go their way and have a pretty damn awesome stand-alone game, but of course they wanted to make it a Silent Hill game for sales. A new third person horror game on the Wii and PS2 at that point of the generation wouldn't have done much for sales.

the first film was ok its just that when you watch it you cant help but see how it could have been so much better. the sh universe is a great one to use in film. im still hoping they do a sh game where the military investigates the town.

[quote name='lokizz']im still hoping they do a sh game where the military investigates the town.[/QUOTE]
One of the major selling points of Silent Hill is isolation. If you involve too many actors, you lose that sense of solitude. This is what has always struck me as brilliant about SH, because most of the story is told through the environment itself. Much in the way that I love S.T.A.L.K.E.R., you're simply thrown into a universe outside your comfort zone without a clue as to what is going on.

That is what makes for good survival horror.

Hm, the script (if the real deal) isn't enough to pull anything away from. I venture to guess its real, but thats just a guess for the most part. In any case I completely forgot they were making a sequel, and I am intrigued by it. I wasn't too impressed with the first one (it was good, not as good as it could have been), but look forward to the sequel.

Nobody knows when this gets done?

[quote name='Jodou']One of the major selling points of Silent Hill is isolation. If you involve too many actors, you lose that sense of solitude. This is what has always struck me as brilliant about SH, because most of the story is told through the environment itself. Much in the way that I love S.T.A.L.K.E.R., you're simply thrown into a universe outside your comfort zone without a clue as to what is going on.

That is what makes for good survival horror.[/QUOTE]

i dont mean like a big military invasion just send in 3 or 4 guys to check things out. inevitably they will get seperated and itd be kind of cool to have someone try and contact another person while one is in the regular world and the other in in the alternate silent hill. maybe even do it where someone does something in each world to help out someone in another.

that said i havent touched a sh game after i tried 3 and was too bored to continue. i hear theres a new one coming out but i dont know anything about it.

Who the fuck are these actors? I can think of several young, more well known actresses who could play Heather. I have no idea if these people are going to be any good or not... probably not. Not that I'm really surprised.

I give the director some credit for the first movie, he actually tired his best to make the movie based on the game,that and the creature costumes were great.The problem was the script which was horrible,acting wasn't good either.That and the movie was a half a hour too long.It is the best game movie but really has no competition since all game movies are just garbage.I don't have any hope for this one since its the same writer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='themaster20000']I give the director some credit for the first movie, he actually tired his best to make the movie based on the game,that and the creature costumes were great.The problem was the script which was horrible,acting wasn't good either.That and the movie was a half a hour too long.It is the best game movie but really has no competition since all game movies are just garbage.I don't have any hope for this one since its the same writer.[/QUOTE]

Hey you didn't like any of the MORRRRRRTAL KOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMBAT movies?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Hey you didn't like any of the MORRRRRRTAL KOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMBAT movies?[/QUOTE]

The first one is a guilty pleasure,and the second one is just garbage. I actually enjoyed the first street fighter movie more than silent hill since its just more entertaining compared to silent hill which was pretty boring most of the time.

It almost seems like bringing them back was a last second thought to gain a little more attraction to the film. I mean, when you first start off with letting the public know that you have an attached subtitle like the horrible Resident Evil films, it already sounds a bit shady. Filming in 3D is the second mistake. Sure, it could be cool to "experience" the town in a third-dimension, but do you honestly expect it to be a revolutionary 3D movie? I don't. Then, you get some unknowns, play on the plot of the third game, and throw in some characters from the first film. It's starting to sound like an amalgamation of shit to me, right now.

[quote name='Vulgarism']It almost seems like bringing them back was a last second thought to gain a little more attraction to the film. I mean, when you first start off with letting the public know that you have an attached subtitle like the horrible Resident Evil films, it already sounds a bit shady. Filming in 3D is the second mistake. Sure, it could be cool to "experience" the town in a third-dimension, but do you honestly expect it to be a revolutionary 3D movie? I don't. Then, you get some unknowns, play on the plot of the third game, and throw in some characters from the first film. It's starting to sound like an amalgamation of shit to me, right now.[/QUOTE]

Trying to turn it into a RE-like cash cow. Moooooooooooo

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Who the fuck are these actors? I can think of several young, more well known actresses who could play Heather. I have no idea if these people are going to be any good or not... probably not. Not that I'm really surprised.[/QUOTE]

Kit Harrington is a new actor who's also in HBO's A Game of Thrones with Sean Bean. Being that he's a major character in the series and HBO usually casts well, I'd say he's got the chops.

I was thinking about the first film the other day, nice to see the sequel coming soon. I don't really mind that Rose is back, but I really hope her appearance isn't corny, or a big key to whatever the plot is.

Oh, I recently saw Monsters, and when I read this, I thought "Damn, that girl would probably make a good Heather" - Whitney Able - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2016345/ - Oh well.

Either way, I'll be watching this, since SH is one of my fav gaming series. :D

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Trying to turn it into a RE-like cash cow. Moooooooooooo[/QUOTE]

If this was the case then we would of had a new one a long time ago I think.

[quote name='Stonecoldfreak1']If this was the case then we would of had a new one a long time ago I think.[/QUOTE]

Well one of the reasons it took so long for a sequel was because they needed a new director.Still not really smart to make a sequel to a dying series. When the first film came out in 2006,the series was still really popular,now its on life support if you ask me.

[quote name='themaster20000']Well one of the reasons it took so long for a sequel was because they needed a new director.Still not really smart to make a sequel to a dying series. When the first film came out in 2006,the series was still really popular,now its on life support if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. Homecoming came out probably right after the pinnacle of the Silent Hill franchise here in the U.S. Sure, Silent Hill 2 is regarded as the gem of the series, but it never did seem popular back even when Silent Hill 3 or 4 were released. Resident Evil seemed to always over-shadow it. With Homecoming being directed more towards the RE4/RE5 crowd, it seemed like Konami was ready to do whatever they had to to make a few dollars off the series. With Shattered Memories coming out on PS2, Wii, and PSP (PS2 pretty much ending it's life-support around the time that was released, and Wii not really the general crowd for a Silent Hill game) it seems to be fading. Now with Downpour, it seems to not be getting much a lot of attention, and with Yamaoka leaving, it seems like the Silent Hill series is fading away with a bitter taste left in the mouths of the fans.

But, that's just how I feel. I'm a bit of a fan of the series, and would give a nut for Team Silent to wrap up the series, but that's a different discussion for a different topic. With a Silent Hill movie, you're honestly just going to have to settle for "good enough."

I liked the Silent Hill game and also the movie. Hope the they can make the sequel equally nice, although I doubt that, but let's just see.

i loved the first, got the BR of it, ill wait for the non 3d version of the sequel to be released on BR since obviously they wont do that for the theatrical release ;|

Rose? Who's Rose again?
The screaming 'omg help me get away from me' wimpy bitch who got trapped in the Nth dimension at the end of the first movie?

bread's done
Back