Razer mamba (Gaming Mouse) on sale (20$ off) Amazon.com

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 SuavePeanuts

SuavePeanuts

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:25 PM

Not much of a deal but if your into PC gaming might as well give it a shot. I've herd some good things about it.

Also more or less a deal for Amazon Prime members. Shipping kind of kills it if you don't have prime.

109.62 with free shipping.
MSRP 129.99

http://www.amazon.co...89495981&sr=1-2

#2 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:47 PM

I had this mouse for a month and it was the most comfortable mouse I had ever used however the battery life was HORRIBLE. At most I would get a day.

#3 CDiablo

CDiablo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:08 PM

I had this mouse for a month and it was the most comfortable mouse I had ever used however the battery life was HORRIBLE. At most I would get a day.

You do know it comes with a charging base....right;). For me it lasts more than 6 hours of use which is more than enough for me in one sitting, then its back to the base. In a worse case scenario where I forget to charge it I can just switch to USB.

Great mouse, will buy another one when I get another gaming CPU.

#4 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

You do know it comes with a charging base....right;). For me it lasts more than 6 hours of use which is more than enough for me in one sitting, then its back to the base. In a worse case scenario where I forget to charge it I can just switch to USB.

Great mouse, will buy another one when I get another gaming CPU.

For me that did not really cut it I work from home and use the Same Mouse all day. So it was easily dead by 3PM maybe 4 with full change in the morning. Like I said before it was extremely confortable and very responsive. I was not to crazy about the cable however when I had to use it. My other wish was it would have been nice if it could use a standard battery like the MS X8 (Which I can get 2 weeks out in one charge). I have started using a Ratz 7 for gaming an its nice but still say the mamba was more comfortable. Hopefully they release a mamba 2 that fixes the issues.

#5 Viper187

Viper187

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:40 PM

When the hell is Razer gonna come up with the 360 controller they advertised like 6 months ago?
Mentally Irregular - Just an awesome book. Nothing else like it.

#6 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:01 PM

When the hell is Razer gonna come up with the 360 controller they advertised like 6 months ago?

Yea I got the onza site bookmarked. :(

#7 Gamelore

Gamelore

Dark Elf Cleric

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:57 PM

FYI, my $80-90 Razer mouse from a couple years ago broke recently. It double-clicks instead of single-clicking, totally screwing me up on numerous occasions (moving, renaming, deleting files; issuing orders in games; performing actions when not intentional).

I thought it would be a mouse for life. I treated it like a baby, never touching it without perfectly oil-free hands, gently clicking it, not letting anyone else touch it.

I had a generic $5 mouse that lasted me about 4 years of heavy use. Razer's craftsmanship is weak and is definitely not proportional to the cost. Not hankering to buy another mouse from them.

#8 saturnotaku

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:22 PM

FYI, my $80-90 Razer mouse from a couple years ago broke recently. It double-clicks instead of single-clicking, totally screwing me up on numerous occasions (moving, renaming, deleting files; issuing orders in games; performing actions when not intentional).

I thought it would be a mouse for life. I treated it like a baby, never touching it without perfectly oil-free hands, gently clicking it, not letting anyone else touch it.

I had a generic $5 mouse that lasted me about 4 years of heavy use. Razer's craftsmanship is weak and is definitely not proportional to the cost. Not hankering to buy another mouse from them.

Had the same problems with Razer mice myself, only they would manifest themselves within 30 days to 6 months after purchase. I've used dozens of Logitech mice over the years and only two have ever had issues. They were both replaced with zero hassle. I like Razer's gaming mousepads, but I will never use their mice ever again.

#9 syclick

syclick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:53 AM

Not to burst your bubble, but the Razer Mamba has been around that price on Amazon for months. I know because I check my Wish List several times a week, checking for decent deals on any of the items I'm interested in.

#10 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:23 AM

this happens with all my razer mice after a while basically the microswitches wear out. But at the same time thats why they are more responsive to begin with.

#11 rayne117

rayne117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:34 AM

I have a cheapo free mouse that came with my PC from cyberpower, no problems in the 9 months I've had it. Would personally never spend more than $20-$30 on a mouse or keyboard.

Exactly! We're not only cheap gamers, we're also asses.

"Good enough for me," I say; Life's too short to dwell on $5.

#12 bredbu

bredbu

I love Lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:41 AM

that thing looks sweet

#13 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:51 AM

If you are concerned about battery get the deathadder. Same mouse just wired I love it. Razer products rock and their warranty is great, two years. I have had to rma two different mice but they send you brand new ones. I don't plan to have these mice for life but if it can give me two+ years then I'm cool. They work and feel great.

I used to think it was crazy to spend $50 - $60 on a mouse but an xbox controller costs about that much, unsure of the warranty (assume one year) but I use the mouse daily while xbox gets maybe 6-8 hours a week.

I'm also waiting for the onza. Shit looks sick!!

#14 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:34 AM

A 6 hour charge is just abysmal. DeathAdder is so much better. It's the same mouse, but you have to use a wire, which isn't that big of a deal anyway and it's less than half the price of the Mamba.

#15 Fizban140

Fizban140

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:09 AM

Best gaming mouse in the world is the Microsoft IME, any version really they are all great.