"The Lucky Gamer", GAME discount codes

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 therealpieman

therealpieman

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:02 AM

I won £5 off of £35.

I signed my mate up... he won a Kinect apparently!!! :wall:

if you signed your mate up, you should get what they win as well. Check your account, if you haven't set one up set it up and it all should be in there.

#32 AndrewJD

AndrewJD

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:44 PM

I've been doing it for almost a week and haven't got anything better than £2 off £20, its all pants! Give me a good prize!

#33 Silvertrigger

Silvertrigger

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:27 PM

Got myself 10 quid off 50 quid purchase. THANKS!
[URL="http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Silvertriggr/"] Posted Image [/URL]

#34 kontraband

kontraband

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:01 PM

yeah, I just got the £1 or £2 off too for the 6 addys I tried.. pppft.

#35 Ardiendo

Ardiendo

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:43 PM

I've entered it every day for the past week or so and won nothing of interest. Ah well may as well keep trying.

#36 LiquidDarsh

LiquidDarsh

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:37 AM

£1 off £20.

So there's no chance of getting something other than a scaled discount? That kind of sucks.

EDIT: Oh you can win real prizes too? Hm. Maybe I'll keep at it, then.

#37 judge-fang

judge-fang

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:49 PM

A tip for entrants - gmail gives you an unlimited number of "aliases" that all redirect to the same gmail account.

Example: your email address is test@gmail.com

By using a plus sign after the username but before the @ gives you an alias. Example:

test+1@gmail.com
test+2@gmail.com
test+3@gmail.com

These are all recognised by Game as separate emails yet all will come through to the original test@gmail.com address

I may or may not have used this method to claim over 200 entries to this competition ;-P

#38 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:07 PM

A tip for entrants - gmail gives you an unlimited number of "aliases" that all redirect to the same gmail account.

Example: your email address is test@gmail.com

By using a plus sign after the username but before the @ gives you an alias. Example:

test+1@gmail.com
test+2@gmail.com
test+3@gmail.com

These are all recognised by Game as separate emails yet all will come through to the original test@gmail.com address

I may or may not have used this method to claim over 200 entries to this competition ;-P

The only problem is, don't they sign you up to a mailing list for each email address you use? So the next time they send out an email, you're going to get swamped.

#39 JamesC_

JamesC_

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:52 PM

Luckily gmail threads similar emails so you can archive them all at once ;)

#40 prwilson

prwilson

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:16 PM

I won a measly £1 off from GAME. :(

#41 Smurflor

Smurflor

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

Luckily gmail threads similar emails so you can archive them all at once ;)

You, sir, are a genious.

I also managed to use this promotion to get a logitech driving force GT wheel for £60 instead of £80 as I ordered it with gran turismo 5, used a £20 off £100 code, the order was split into two seperate parts on their end, the wheel dispatched... I cancelled gran turismo and Bob's your uncle. The receipt clearly says £79.99 less £20 promotion, no mention of GT5. That was a week ago now and I've heard nothing from game and no more money has gone out of my account.

The promotion reduces the price of one item, seems to be the first one in your basket (also used another code today and the same thing happened) so it MAY be possible to get things dirt cheap using these codes by adding something like an out-of-stock steering wheel to boost the price, however its pretty darn risky - if the wheel comes in stock before whatever else you bought is dispatched, you're not gonna be too happy.

#42 Bobfoc

Bobfoc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

Game.co.uk will be having what it is calling a "Monday Madness" sale this Monday, and it is claiming that the Lucky Gamer promotion will yield better opportunities to win more significant prizes as part of the sale. I suppose we shouldn't hold our breath after ShopTo's fairly underwhelming sale last Monday, but it can't hurt to give it a try.

#43 liverbul

liverbul

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:12 AM

The Lucky Gamer promo has ended. :(
Anyone with unused codes of £3 off a £30 or £5 off a £35 or £10 off a £50 or £20 off a £100 is more then welcome to send it to me if possible. I'd like to buy some kinect games to my kid.
Appreciate your kindness!