The Sly Collection HD (PS3) $29.99 + Tax (Free Ship) Meijer.com

Where are you from? Meijer is a huge retail chain in the midwest. When I lived in Michigan it was the only place I ever went for groceries (think Super Wal-Mart). It's trustworthy.

[quote name='Bertyo']Never heard of this site, is it okay?

Edit: Tons of bad reviews.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It is no different than Target or Kmart. And QVC is the TV channel.

Wow I am surprised because Meijer never has good deals anymore. They used to get some wicked good deals a couple years back. If this is in store also I may have to make a trip to basically across the street.

Edit: it says it is exclusively for online

Not a bad deal considering in store it's $39.99. The QVC deal kills it for me with the tax and shipping put me at 39.01 lol.

Meijer is a good store, I am not so sure about their online ordering.. too bad this is not instore price also but I feel that Sly Cooper collection will go the way of GOW collection, its gonna have better deals and we probably wont have to wait long for it..hopefully.

This one is killing me. I love Sly Cooper but since I already own and recently played all 3 of these id rather wait for this to be around $20. However, if you look right now its sold out at gamestop, Walmart, Amazon and there are not many copies on ebay. I have also seen many people say its sold out locally. It has me nervous this is going to be rare. I am holding off because I doubt that is the case(or if it is Sony will print more)but still, since I love this series so much it has me kind of antsy.

[quote name='AwRy108']Why does it matter if the S&H is free?[/QUOTE]

Because I'm going shopping and the local Mejier will be a few blocks out of my way. I can have it today and shipping will also be free.

[quote name='MSI Magus']This one is killing me. I love Sly Cooper but since I already own and recently played all 3 of these id rather wait for this to be around $20. However, if you look right now its sold out at gamestop, Walmart, Amazon and there are not many copies on ebay. I have also seen many people say its sold out locally. It has me nervous this is going to be rare. I am holding off because I doubt that is the case(or if it is Sony will print more)but still, since I love this series so much it has me kind of antsy.[/QUOTE]

No way it'll be rare: once SONY sees how eager people are to re-purchase this particular disc of PS2 classics in HD, they'll make sure there's enough copies to go around. Considering the dev. costs are close to zero for these HD collections, I'd say they want to sell as many as possible.

I jumped on the $29.99 shipped deal b/c I've been wanting to play through the PS2 versions, but my 60GB PS3 broke and now I have a Slim with zero backwards compatability. Sure, I still have an original PS2, but for $30 I get versions that look much better on my 1080p TV, along with oodles of Trophies ;-)

[quote name='AwRy108']No way it'll be rare: once SONY sees how eager people are to re-purchase this particular disc of PS2 classics in HD, they'll make sure there's enough copies to go around. Considering the dev. costs are close to zero for these HD collections, I'd say they want to sell as many as possible.

I jumped on the $29.99 shipped deal b/c I've been wanting to play through the PS2 versions, but my 60GB PS3 broke and now I have a Slim with zero backwards compatability. Sure, I still have an original PS2, but for $30 I get versions that look much better on my 1080p TV, along with oodles of Trophies ;-)[/QUOTE]

Thats kind of what I am thinking, especially if they want to put out Sly 4. It would be stupid to plan Sly 4 then under release Sly Trilogy...then again Sony rarely makes smart decisions!

Ah, who cares! The Sly collection got multiple platinum trophies, love it love it and got to have it. Man, K-mart have it for $40 with $15 gaming coupon, which I can get it right away... It's a pretty good deal I say, I'll check with K-mart and if it doesn't have it, I'll order from Meijer. Thanks OP.

[quote name='MSI Magus']...then again Sony rarely makes smart decisions![/QUOTE]

SONY rarely makes small-scale decisions that are good, but I'd say that the PlayStation brand as a whole is one massive good decision.

And, yes, since Sly 4 is confirmed via a hidden video in the Sly Cooper Collection, I doubt they'll allow the collection to be unobtainable by consumers.

[quote name='Serpentor']Ah, who cares! The Sly collection got multiple platinum trophies, love it love it and got to have it. Man, K-mart have it for $40 with $15 gaming coupon, which I can get it right away... It's a pretty good deal I say, I'll check with K-mart and if it doesn't have it, I'll order from Meijer. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was tempted by the KMart deal, but you still have to spend $40 + tax up front; whereas, with the Meijer deal, I spent $29.99, said and done.

KMart deal is a close 2nd, tho.

[quote name='AwRy108']SONY rarely makes small-scale decisions that are good, but I'd say that the PlayStation brand as a whole is one massive good decision.

And, yes, since Sly 4 is confirmed via a hidden video in the Sly Cooper Collection, I doubt they'll allow the collection to be unobtainable by consumers.[/QUOTE]

PS3 for $600?
PSP Go before hammering out deals with distributors that allow them to sell games discounted?
Home?
PSP go pricing?
Not pushing more of their big franchises?
Marcus?
Not having a PSP2 ready to be shown alread?
Not dropping price on PSP at all?
UMD?

Sony has made a ton of bone headed moves recently. Do not get me wrong I think they release good products and their game division/what the invest in blows MS out of the water and id say they have even passed Nintendo....but Sony makes dumb ass decisions constantly.

True... I'm still haunted by $600 PS3 (even though I got two at launch :lol:), PSP Go too... But anyway, I still think Sony gave us a lot of good stuff. Bad decisions forgiven? No, but Sly Collection is so cool!

Don't forget 1.5% back from ebates if you're ordering from Meijer.

[quote name='MSI Magus']PS3 for $600? They were still losing $300+ per sale.
PSP Go before hammering out deals with distributors that allow them to sell games discounted? Agreed.
Home? Not for you or I, but still making SONY lots of cash.
PSP go pricing? Agreed.
Not pushing more of their big franchises? If you push franchises too hard, people get tired of them; besides, I'd sooner them continue to push for new, exclusive content like they have been. Do you really want them to, for example, over-do the Killzone franchise like MS has done with Halo?
Marcus? Again, not for you or I, but certain demographics respond well.
Not having a PSP2 ready to be shown already? PSP is still crushing in Japan, so there's no need to rush--smarter to sit back and watch what the competition does before launching.
Not dropping price on PSP at all? Agreed.
UMD? UMD, wasn't a dumb idea until competitors started to move away from physical media. Nowdays the format seems incredibly archaic.

Sony has made a ton of bone headed moves recently. Do not get me wrong I think they release good products and their game division/what they invest in blows MS out of the water and id say they have even passed Nintendo....but Sony makes dumb ass decisions constantly.[/QUOTE]

I think all the consoles makers have made big mistakes (MS: RRoD, Kinect, barely any current or future exclusives, no HDD in every system, charging for online play, etc.) (Nintendo: no HD, system built on a gimmick, online, no Digital Audio out, no love for 3rd parties, can't transfer digital content to other Nintendo devices, etc.); but I think a lot of SONY's better decisions (Blu-Ray, HDD in every console, solid hardware, free online play, push for original content, PSN Video Store, etc.) have just taken time to come to fruition b/c they're more similar to moving a mountain, not making a quick buck.

Anyway, just my two cents on the matter. Sorry for going off-topic, but I always enjoy a good gaming discussion.

[quote name='AwRy108']
[...] and now I have a Slim with zero backwards compatability [...][/QUOTE]

You've still got PSOne bc so its more like 50% backwards compatibility.

[quote name='AwRy108']I think all the consoles makers have made big mistakes (MS: RRoD, Kinect, barely any current or future exclusives, no HDD in every system, charging for online play, etc.) (Nintendo: no HD, system built on a gimmick, online, no Digital Audio out, no love for 3rd parties, can't transfer digital content to other Nintendo devices, etc.); but I think a lot of SONY's better decisions (Blu-Ray, HDD in every console, solid hardware, free online play, push for original content, PSN Video Store, etc.) have just taken time to come to fruition b/c they're more similar to moving a mountain, not making a quick buck.

Anyway, just my two cents on the matter. Sorry for going off-topic, but I always enjoy a good gaming discussion.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Nintendo should have had released a version of the Wii that was HD when motion plus released, and Motion + should have been closer to the move. Most of Nintendos best games are games that either do not use motion controls or use them lightly(Mario Galaxy). And right now despite all the bad I said about Sony I own a PS3 and not a 360 at the moment, reason for it was the RRoD. I got a 360 early in the gen because the price and 90% of games are multi console nowadays(and Crackdown looked Godly). However after 2 RRoDs I looked at the situation and it became obvious with the PS3 now at about $300 and the 360 RRoDing on me every 8 months I gave MS the finger.

Each of the big 3 have made a ton of mistakes this gen, but considering that Sony was in first place the last 2 gens by such huge margins and given the number of mistakes they have made I think they are the bone head king. Thats the only reason why if Sly Collection ended up being rare I would really not be surprised, because Sony just does not seem to freaking think things through. Well I guess that and that traditionally Sony has kind of mishandled its secondary franchises including Sly Cooper, after all none of the 3 Sly's got much of a push nor did Sly 4 rear its head in the first few years of this generation as it should have.

Sly collection could be a rare gem considering there's absolutely no advertisement at all. It was supposed to be released last Tuesday, but none of the stores have it :whistle2:(

Well, no need to worry now since the game is fairly new (and sort of forgotten already). I have never played any of those games on the PS2 so it will be a super treat for me and not to mention sweet trophies, multiple platinum trophies!!!!

[quote name='AwRy108']No way it'll be rare: once SONY sees how eager people are to re-purchase this particular disc of PS2 classics in HD, they'll make sure there's enough copies to go around. Considering the dev. costs are close to zero for these HD collections, I'd say they want to sell as many as possible. [/QUOTE]

Metroid Trilogy (not in HD) says hi.

I think if it comes back in stock I will bite. I am thinking I will probably be overpaying, but this is one of the games I REALLY do not want to miss out on and I have already in recent weeks canceled my Dead Space 2 and Little Big Planet 2 collector editions assuming they wont be rare/will drop in price.

Nice deal, but I think 20 and below is my sweet spot for this collection since I have played all three and beat the first and second games.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Agreed. Nintendo should have had released a version of the Wii that was HD when motion plus released, and Motion + should have been closer to the move. Most of Nintendos best games are games that either do not use motion controls or use them lightly(Mario Galaxy). And right now despite all the bad I said about Sony I own a PS3 and not a 360 at the moment, reason for it was the RRoD. I got a 360 early in the gen because the price and 90% of games are multi console nowadays(and Crackdown looked Godly). However after 2 RRoDs I looked at the situation and it became obvious with the PS3 now at about $300 and the 360 RRoDing on me every 8 months I gave MS the finger.

Each of the big 3 have made a ton of mistakes this gen, but considering that Sony was in first place the last 2 gens by such huge margins and given the number of mistakes they have made I think they are the bone head king.[/QUOTE]

wouldn't the biggest mistake in gaming history be by nintendo. they were in development with sony prior to the playstation era in order to release a cd platform to compete with sega. Instead nintendo dropped the idea completely, and left sony on its own while releasing the nintendo 64. Sony then took the initiative and let kutaragi follow with plans of their own cd based system out of frustration from the failed negotiations with nintendo. Sony has come a long way if you ask me.

[quote name='mythus']wouldn't the biggest mistake in gaming history be by nintendo. they were in development with sony prior to the playstation era in order to release a cd platform to compete with sega. Instead nintendo dropped the idea completely, and left sony on its own while releasing the nintendo 64. Sony then took the initiative and let kutaragi follow with plans of their own cd based system out of frustration from the failed negotiations with nintendo. Sony has come a long way if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, and you could also point out that they pissed off every major game company during the SNES days and many other things, but those are all in the past. I/we were just talking about mistakes made this gen.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Well yeah, and you could also point out that they pissed off every major game company during the SNES days and many other things, but those are all in the past. I/we were just talking about mistakes made this gen.[/QUOTE]
That is a mistake though that bites them in the ass every gen.

I want to get this, but I know it will be cheap fast like GOW collection, starts out at 40 and drops like a stone in the water I'm waiting.

I'm holding out until Black Friday. I remember last year Amazon had GoW Collection with a $20 PSN credit for $36.99. That deal or something similar would be good enough for me.

[quote name='AwRy108']Yeah, I was tempted by the KMart deal, but you still have to spend $40 + tax up front; whereas, with the Meijer deal, I spent $29.99, said and done.

KMart deal is a close 2nd, tho.[/QUOTE]

I had to go with k-mart because I had a $25 coupon. The only downside was that the $15 coupon I got isn't valid until the 25th.

This is back, sort of. It now says it is backordered but likely in stock tomorrow, but it allows you to place an order even though it isn't in stock. I gave it a shot.

In for a back order. Figure as I said before this may end up dropping to $20 fast like GoW Collection did, but id rather be safe.

As an FYI for those who have it backordered:

I called CS to cancel my backorder, and they said it has already gone to distribution. I suspect we’ll all be getting shipping notices today or tomorrow then.

bread's done
Back