Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#31 faceturd

faceturd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:11 AM

Multiplayer is really cool. But most of the kills were chained together because the person you are pursuing kills someone... which is pretty obvious... and then you kill them and someone else sees you and gets you... so on. I would say 75% of the my deaths were chain-kills. They try to balance it out by rewarding for "creative" kills which gives around 4x points but it may take some time to do that well.

#32 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:53 AM

Does anyone have the CE? Is the disk the soundtrack is on a game disk meaning the tracks are locked to it and can't be ripped to your PC?

(This is how it was for AC 1 and 2 CE, and the PoP CE.)

Man what the hell, they pulled that same shit with the new Prince of Persia game. I ended up getting the tracks off youtube but still it would have been nice to have high quality versions of the soundtrack.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#33 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:47 AM

Soundtrack is on a DVD playable in (I guess?) any DVD player, but the file structure in Windows doesn't show the audio tracks; it just treats it like a movie DVD. I'm not familiar with ripping tracks from something like that, but I guess you could do audio files in a DVD ripper.
Posted Image

#34 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:26 AM

How is the multiplayer in this game? I'll probably finish the SP in a week or so and I'll be playing the MP for a while if it's good. Is it fun?

#35 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:50 AM

Man what the hell, they pulled that same shit with the new Prince of Persia game. I ended up getting the tracks off youtube but still it would have been nice to have high quality versions of the soundtrack.

I don't know if that's the case or not with the AC: Brotherhood CE that's why I was asking. That is literally the main reason I haven't gotten the CE and am waiting on a deal on the standard edition.

It's funny with the AC series and me. I got the first CE because I was in line at Gamestop the week after it came out and someone traded the whole thing in with all the bonuses. I watched my friends play it at my old apartment but never played it myself. AC 2 I got as the free game in the BB B2G1F sale and I really liked it, much more than I remember watching with AC 1. At the same Gamestop I got AC 1 CE, they still had an AC 2 CE. Only reason I wanted it was because the figure was actually a good size this time. I bought it and traded in my standard copy of AC 1 for $35 after promotions.

I did rent the game at Blockbuster just to try it out and the single player is definately giving me the Dragon Age Origins: Awakening-like vibe, and that's not a bad thing. Funny how they wrote the "Metroid/Castlevania" moment into the beginning of the game.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#36 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:45 PM

What's the difference between ranked and player matches? Both give you xp.

seanr1221.png

#37 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:54 PM

Ah man I gotta not read posts in gmail.:-#

I don't just for that reason. Sorry man. It was one of those OMG things I had to tell someone, but slapped the spoiler tags on it cause I know not everyone here wants them.

#38 Renegade Moose

Renegade Moose

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:17 PM

Anybody else order from Amazon? I got release day delivery and no release day arrival... :-(
Oh, well. At least I have Enslaved to play until it arrives.
Posted Image

#39 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:27 PM

I definitely tool the lead in the last ten seconds and didn't get the achievement.

seanr1221.png

#40 _Ph03n1x_

_Ph03n1x_

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:30 PM

Anybody else order from Amazon? I got release day delivery and no release day arrival... :-(

I got mine around like 5 pm last night. Screw UPS. Anyways, loving the game so far and the multiplayer is a lot of fun. Although I think I did have more fun playing it at E3 because I did get to see people's reactions to getting assassinated lol. But overall this a great game and look forward to assassinating some of you online :]
Posted ImagePosted Image

#41 deszaras

deszaras

Wait...what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:38 PM

I got release date delivery from Amazon and I received it about 3pm from UPS. That sucks you didn't get it on release date. I hope you didn't have to pay much for release date, if you did you should get a refund. Somehow it only cost me $.99 for the shipping.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:56 PM

Beware going to the actual Prelude to Black Friday daily/lightning deal page on amazon.com. People are posting spoilers to the game in the comments on the deals page and there's no way not to see them.

Just wanted to look at the deals on amazon and I get innudated with spoliers that may or may not be true.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#43 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:02 PM

Soundtrack is on a DVD playable in (I guess?) any DVD player, but the file structure in Windows doesn't show the audio tracks; it just treats it like a movie DVD. I'm not familiar with ripping tracks from something like that, but I guess you could do audio files in a DVD ripper.

Nah I tried, they had serious stupid DRM on the DVD of the Prince of Persia soundtrack so I'd guess it's the same with AC:B's soundtrack. There were a bunch of people pissed off on the Ubisoft forums and I wouldn't blame them.

I've read a bunch of reviews and it sounds like there is a good chunk of single player here. Damn, haha I thought it was going to be mainly multiplayer so now I wish I had enough money to get this along with Hot Pursuit. Oh well, still haven't finished AC2 haha.

Edited by Spybreak8, 17 November 2010 - 08:07 PM.
added quote

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#44 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:04 PM

Interesting video and article about the interconnectivity of Brotherhood and the Facebook Game Assassin's Creed: Project Legacy - http://kotaku.com/56...eed-on-facebook

#45 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:37 PM

Thanks radioactive now I know not to mess with the CE unless it's super clearance like Bioshock 2 CE or something similar. I don't know why people on the Ubisoft forums are so surprised, it's not like they've not done this each time.

If this CE was $80 like the last two I would still get it but for $100 I'll say Fuck you Ubisoft!

For those interested there's 9 memory sequences in the single player for this, compared to 12 on the AC II disk (14 if you bought the 2 DLC ones.) Also Totillo on Kotaku said the extra exclusive DLC missions on PS3 are not a reason to buy the PS3 version over 360 and they're OK but not great.

42869.png

#46 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:53 AM

Trying to play out all the multiplayer achievements up front. Good progress for one night, but the climb to level 50 looks steep. It's a lot of fun for sure, but to play enough games to hit that top level may be patience trying. Definitely worth a play for those hesitant.

EDIT:
Oh hell, may as well throw out the first blanket request. Anyone get the Officer DLC code and are willing to part with it? I could spare a small amount of cash, something to trade, or even order you a copy of MvC3 for half off (you pay the $25-$30, I'll get it and ship to you) I'm hoping a friend at Gamestop can get me the Harlequin still.

Edited by Lord_Kefka, 18 November 2010 - 06:04 AM.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#47 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:21 AM

Trying to play out all the multiplayer achievements up front. Good progress for one night, but the climb to level 50 looks steep. It's a lot of fun for sure, but to play enough games to hit that top level may be patience trying. Definitely worth a play for those hesitant.

It supposedly takes 40+ hours to get to level 50 so it does sound like a really huge time sink for an achievement.

#48 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:01 AM

I'd like to think that you aren't going for level 50 JUST for the achievement; there's quite a few unlocks to get along the way to keep the playing interesting.
Posted Image

#49 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:06 AM

I'd like to think that you aren't going for level 50 JUST for the achievement; there's quite a few unlocks to get along the way to keep the playing interesting.

Haven't played the game yet, so I have no idea what the online is like. Will be picking it up on Thanksgiving @ K-mart though. For $40, you can't beat it, and I have a $20 coupon to use towards it too. $20 is even sweeter.

#50 faceturd

faceturd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:33 PM

I am curious about whether mutliplayer will actually turn into a very skillful game because I can see it going two ways. 1 - run and gun to just rack up kills and keep running from pursuers or 2 - slows down so that there are less kills but you stay in cognito and rack up more points per kill. I really hope it goes more towards #2.

Also, has anyone found a good strategy for evading attackers? They usually approach from behind and I was considering walking around with the camera faced that way.

#51 Chimprage

Chimprage

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:17 PM

So I have never played an Assassin's Creed game, should I pick up AC2 on the cheap before I start with this game since it picks up where AC2 ends?

#52 faceturd

faceturd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:48 PM

I have an amazon bonus for Heimschmied Drachen armor that I will give for free. PM me if you are interested. [CLAIMED]

As far as AC2 goes, the game is great. If you are willing to put in the time to play it then I would definitely do it. However, back-to-back AC2 into brotherhood may be an awfully large dose of Ass Creed. You may need a break inbetween regardless of how good they both are.

Edited by faceturd, 18 November 2010 - 03:24 PM.

#53 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:21 PM

So I have never played an Assassin's Creed game, should I pick up AC2 on the cheap before I start with this game since it picks up where AC2 ends?

If you've never played any Assassin's Creed game, it might actually be best to start from the beginning. It really depends on how much spoiler material you already know about the franchise. If you know nothing, then start with AC1, although AC2 is definitely a superior gameplay experience.

#54 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:35 PM

I am curious about whether mutliplayer will actually turn into a very skillful game because I can see it going two ways. 1 - run and gun to just rack up kills and keep running from pursuers or 2 - slows down so that there are less kills but you stay in cognito and rack up more points per kill. I really hope it goes more towards #2.

Also, has anyone found a good strategy for evading attackers? They usually approach from behind and I was considering walking around with the camera faced that way.

I think we'll see what method prevails in time. Right now the stealth approach is working better. But you know kids, always working to break the system.

The reason I say #2 (for now) is the fact that running not only takes your points way down, but it alerts your target fairly quickly. You can close a distance before they notice if you stalk, but it's easy to spot the real players from the NPC's by their actions. As soon as I see the red dot, I break off my hunt and cut through some escape spots on the map. Once you break line of sight, get in a group with at least one NPC that looks like you and use Masquerade. They kill the wrong target a good amount of times. Or find a hiding spot in the hay.

As for finding a stalker, well that's tougher and the game type we want more. I look for that slight movement in my general direction from any group of NPC's and bolt if I think someone is a player character.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#55 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:40 PM

If someone is going stealth and walks right up to you, then it's mostly instinctual if you think it's a player or NPC. I've let my guard down a few times and gotten killed for it, instead of dropping a smoke bomb and hoping I was right. I think it just comes in time. Actually planning how to not get killed seems like too much work.
Posted Image

#56 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:17 AM

Here, take a look at this review (it mentions spoilers and how to avoid them by passing a few paragraphs):http://a1.gamesradar...050618435955047 as it sums up what ACII is and how it's the definite choice over Brotherhood even though Brotherhood is a good game (in regards to story and character development).
ACII is:
Posted Image
ACBrotherhood is:
Posted Image

#57 faceturd

faceturd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:22 AM

As soon as I see the red dot, I break off my hunt and cut through some escape spots on the map.

Uh oh... red dot? I only played for one 2 hour session... but am about to get back on now.

EDIT : Nevermind, I got the tip and now get it. Huge help.

Edited by faceturd, 19 November 2010 - 03:02 AM.

#58 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:33 AM

Anyone else have a Heimschmied Drachen code they are willing to get rid of? I have an extra Harlequin code if your interested. Just PM me.

#59 faceturd

faceturd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:36 AM

Multiplayer is really fun when you have hidden gun and smoke bomb... great combo.

#60 chronodev

chronodev

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:02 AM

By the way if anyone is stuck on the subject 16 puzzles, here are the answers:

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - Subject 16 Puzzle Solutions
chronodev
Founder, RarityGuide.com
"When you get something, it's new and exciting. When you have something, you take it for granted and it's boring." -Calvin & Hobbes