add me
level 2 and loving it

You throwin' stabbies yet, son?

#212 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

Finished the game over the weekend and trying to clean up all the Borgia flags, but I'm having trouble with one.

Spoiler

If its the one I'm thinking of, you need to use your horse to jump across the broken bridge above.
Posted Image

#213 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:59 PM

You throwin' stabbies yet, son?

Don't know how yet but i do lov the MP.

Question: How come sometimes I can't choose my Harlequin outfit in MP even though I paid for it.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#214 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:51 PM

Don't know how yet but i do lov the MP.

Question: How come sometimes I can't choose my Harlequin outfit in MP even though I paid for it.

Some other guy
Spoiler
picked him first.

#215 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:25 AM

I am going to give this a rent, I have never and will never play AC2 will I miss much as far as storyline goes?

The MP seems too interesting for me to pass up. Plus there isnt shit out until the new year anyway.

EDIT: Hmmm, from what I read it seems like I should play the AC2 first.......

#216 AlphaPanda

AlphaPanda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:22 AM

Hopefully will be picking this up soon, is the MP fun?

I'm a huge multiplayer kind of guy, will probably spend most of the time playing MP compared to the campaign. This and Hot Pursuit will probably be my next 2 purchases.

Edited by AlphaPanda, 23 December 2010 - 03:22 AM.

Posted Image

Feel free to add me, CAGs. Could always use another bud to play something with.

#217 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:35 AM

EDIT: Hmmm, from what I read it seems like I should play the AC2 first.......

Yeah i remembering them saying this wasnt AC3, so i figured it wouldnt have a big role on the storyline, but it does.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#218 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:26 AM

Hopefully will be picking this up soon, is the MP fun?

I'm a huge multiplayer kind of guy, will probably spend most of the time playing MP compared to the campaign. This and Hot Pursuit will probably be my next 2 purchases.

I was all hyped up about the game after seeing MP footage, then a friend tells me that you'll be playing against high levels, which apparently get the ability to see through costumes/disguises.

Put an end to that hype.
Steam: Rhett816

#219 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:37 AM

I was all hyped up about the game after seeing MP footage, then a friend tells me that you'll be playing against high levels, which apparently get the ability to see through costumes/disguises.

Put an end to that hype.

Waaaaaa?

If that is so I wont even bother. Whats the fun in that?

#220 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:38 AM

If its the one I'm thinking of, you need to use your horse to jump across the broken bridge above.

That would be the southernmost flag.

#221 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:44 AM

Waaaaaa?

If that is so I wont even bother. Whats the fun in that?

You don't actually get matched up with people much higher than you. I was playing from levels 3-10 today and the highest person I ever got matched up with was level 11 when I was a 9. You usually don't get matched up with people 20+ if you're a low level 5 player. When you're starting off at level 1-3 you might get matched up with a lot of level 6-9 players because of the scarcity of players, but it'll eventually even up. You can even just keep playing with the same people with the rematch option at the end.

#222 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:46 AM

i cant find a damn MP match
the whole reason i bought this game
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Now Playing:

#223 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:17 AM

Templar vision unlocks in the 20s I think? That's what lets you see the enemy. It can suck if your opponent knows how to use it quick and get a follow-up kill real quick but otherwise you can counter it or run from it easily.

The MP does have its frustrating moments(e.g., I randomly starting have terrible luck being able to poison people when I thought I could) but it's nowhere as bad as say, COD. Love this game.

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#224 natiev

natiev

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:58 PM

Made it to level 38 yesterday. Actually had a bit of trouble getting into a game there for a bit but it was 10am. When I play late at night like 2am-7am and the amount of players on is scarce I will see lvl 50s and also sub lvl20s to fill out games.

I guess a little advice for templar vision. Always keep an eye out for your pursuer(s) duh I know. What I mean is turn the camera all over the place. You would be surprised how many people I've seen walking 6-10 steps behind me with templar vision on and fast walking my way. I just drop a smoke bomb and stun them. I've had some luck lately stunning people without a smoke bomb just by taking them by surprise, like suddenly turning around running the step or two towards them and stunning. Only happens when smoke bomb is on cooldown but still makes me smile when it works.

Other things that I do that I think help. (I play a lot of defense, I think it's more fun)
I normally run Disguise/SmokeBomb, sometimes Poison/Smokebomb.
Try to always stick around a group, either walking or stationary with a double or triple of you when you have 2+ pursuers.
Try to avoid running from rooftop to rooftop, it tells your pursuer(s) here I am come kill me after I get my guy.
When out in the open after a "public" kill, drop a smokebomb and run or just flat out run away. Hope that your pursuer isn't standing there waiting to kill you after your kill is done.
Running isn't very necessary unless being chased. It just tells everyone HEY LOOK AT ME I'M A TEMPLAR DURRR.
Try to think about your kills, sometimes it is worth it to get a cheap point kill just to get another contract. But the measure of the game is points. 150pt gun kill from rooftop to rooftop or a 600pt poison/silent/morphed kill. I know which one I would like.

just to add, the new map angers me. it feels like it was made just so everyone had to be roof runners

#225 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:33 PM

Put an end to that hype.

That ability only lasts a few seconds, and the user glows while they're using it, making them an easy target.

#226 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:42 PM

Had to look up how to solve Cluster 7. Can anyone explain the decoder part?

nihilence.png

#227 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:58 PM

Yeah i remembering them saying this wasnt AC3, so i figured it wouldnt have a big role on the storyline, but it does.

I disagree... this is a filler episode. Sort of like a serial like anime, or LOST, etc. Get through the filler eps to get to a key story episode.
Posted Image

#228 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:09 AM

when do u get to throw stabbies
is that Single player or MP
Now Playing:

#229 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:35 AM

I finally got that last Borgia Flag that was annoying me, I didn't know about running up walls and then jumping off of them in another direction other than directly behind.

All single player achievements completed for me.

#230 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:26 AM

I finally got that last Borgia Flag that was annoying me, I didn't know about running up walls and then jumping off of them in another direction other than directly behind.

you could jump sideways even in the first one

#231 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:52 AM

Ugh..I can't get in a MP match to save my life. Tried for an hour this morning and never got more then 4 players, so nothing ever started.

#232 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:12 AM

Ugh..I can't get in a MP match to save my life. Tried for an hour this morning and never got more then 4 players, so nothing ever started.

Back out and try again.

#233 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:46 PM

Back out and try again.

I kept trying. would get up to 4 and sit. I'd wait a couple minutes do it again. Just gave up

#234 Renegade Moose

Renegade Moose

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:10 PM

I never have problems getting into games... Is everybody doing ranked matches? Because I always just choose the join a match option.
Posted Image

#235 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:20 PM

Player Match has usually gotten me into matches faster.

#236 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:39 PM

I kept trying. would get up to 4 and sit. I'd wait a couple minutes do it again. Just gave up

Did you download the free DLC? I'm thinking not having it might screw up your matchmaking. I think there's another patch on the way, though.

#237 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:49 PM

Did you download the free DLC? I'm thinking not having it might screw up your matchmaking. I think there's another patch on the way, though.

Day 1.

I actually got into a game last night in a couple seconds. So who knows.

#238 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:48 AM

been sticking to the single player which is mad fun
lov calling friends to help
one battle lost 3 because i left them alone with like 20 guards
learned from my mistakes

great games
Now Playing:

#239 Nealocus123

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:20 AM

I'm fucking loving this game! So far I feel like it added a lot from AC2 with the difficulty of the Borega (sp?) Towers, calling & training assassins (which I still haven't even done), renovating buildings, etc.

I have a feeling that by the next game we're going to be playing as Desmond in modern day cause' after all is said and done with the game I'm sure Ezio has got to be pretty old! Excited to see the end and I'm only 10% done.

#240 TeamUnderdog

TeamUnderdog

It's Not a Deal! It's a Steal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:14 AM

I've found from playing with an Xbox Live party today that when you play with your party it becomes almost impossible to start a game. I'd get stuck on 6/6 or 7/7 players forever, and then never start the game. When I tried to join a match by myself I joined and started a game almost immediately. Is this common?

card.png
453976.png