Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#241 faceturd

faceturd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:00 PM

Had to look up how to solve Cluster 7. Can anyone explain the decoder part?

I think it is just a case of "what is missing from the picture?" The first and last code give you a working solution. The middle two require you to line up 2 symbols that are missing from the decoder... and since there are only 2 empty slots on the decoder they must fit into each of them. So you line them up one at a time and submit.

C7 Pic: http://faqsmedia.ign...er7_puzzle3.jpg
FAQ: http://faqs.ign.com/articles/113/1137036p1.html

when do u get to throw stabbies
is that Single player or MP

The single player knives are unlocked from the beginning I believe. In MP you get them at lvl.21. It takes a while to get there in MP and all they do is slow down your target so that you can still recover a decent point kill when in a chase.

#242 natiev

natiev

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:48 AM

just past lvl40, i keep getting distracted and playing other games

got the night off today so hopefully i can make a push towards at least lvl45

#243 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:48 AM

I've come to the conclusion that whoever came up with the Full Sync criteria for the memory "Hell on Wheels" needs to be shot. Then stabbed. Then kicked in the crotch for good measure.

5-10 minutes of all that bullshit at the beginning only to get to the part that actually matters to full sync, and then having to restart the entire thing when I get hit during the fight with two tanks. I've probably spent two hours trying to get this mission, and something always gets me out of nowhere. I've gotten Full Sync in everything but this just fine; I'm on Sequence 6 right now.

Arrggggh.

#244 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:07 AM

i think ive only got full sync like 3 times
im not that good but am having a lot of fun
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#245 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:48 AM

The Assassin's Creed games are like a tortuous love affair for completionists like me. There is just so much shit in this game that getting 100% will take forever. Feathers, flags, glyphs, chests; courtesan, thief, and mercenary side missions; training the brotherhood; borgia towers; renovation; shop quests; I could go on.

It does solidify my opinion that Rome was planned and started but unfinished when AC2 shipped though, as even reusing as much as they did, it seems impossible to me that they could add so much shit into an entirely new area within a year. And that's leaving aside the multiplayer.

#246 AlphaPanda

AlphaPanda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:16 AM

Just got this game 2 days ago, and this is my first night of playing. Me and another guy were level 1, and got matched with a level 10. Bleh.

It's definitely fun, but it's already becoming "WAITING FOR ABSTERGO AGENTS Brotherhood" 2 games in.
Posted Image

Feel free to add me, CAGs. Could always use another bud to play something with.

#247 jaspercontractorsinc

jaspercontractorsinc

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:51 AM

Wow, I really like Assasin's Creed a lot! Thanks for this post Sir.

#248 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:36 PM

am I the only one clawing my eyes out trying to get the "extreme variety" bonus in regular play? I can regularly get 13 or 14 bonuses, but can never manage to hit magic number 15. that and triple escape seem designed to happen so incredibly rarely as to require anyone that wants the "get one of each bonus" achievement to have 5+ friends playing that can help boost it.

#249 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:42 PM

am I the only one clawing my eyes out trying to get the "extreme variety" bonus in regular play? I can regularly get 13 or 14 bonuses, but can never manage to hit magic number 15. that and triple escape seem designed to happen so incredibly rarely as to require anyone that wants the "get one of each bonus" achievement to have 5+ friends playing that can help boost it.

and just like that I finally got extreme variety in the last 5 seconds of an alliance match last night. according to the stats, that's after 2 days 8 hours of gameplay which is ridiculous.

now all I need is for three people to chase me and fail at the same time and I'll be done with all the multiplayer achievements and I can trade it in before the tiv tanks too much more. this might be my favorite AC game yet.

#250 AlphaPanda

AlphaPanda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:24 PM

I've never really understood that, but I see it a lot. People say they love a game, but as soon as they get all the achievements they trade it in. Are the achievements the only worthy replay value to ya or somethin?

I guess I just might be missing something. If a game's fun, I always just keep it to play it in the future since it's...well...fun.
Posted Image

#251 natiev

natiev

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:30 PM

I've never really understood that, but I see it a lot. People say they love a game, but as soon as they get all the achievements they trade it in. Are the achievements the only worthy replay value to ya or somethin?

I guess I just might be missing something. If a game's fun, I always just keep it to play it in the future since it's...well...fun.

it's a ubisoft game, so it can be had for $20 after a few months so it's not like you can't pick it back up

#252 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:31 AM

Generally if it's something I really enjoy, I'll play it through and get any multiplayer achievements (before the online community dies or becomes too competitive for my unskilled ass) and trade it in while the tiv is still high. Then I'll pick it up again when it's < $20 and replay through everything and keep that copy for good.

It's a nice way to revisit something while keeping costs relatively low and usually the time in between the brand new $60 price and the < $20 price is about 6 months which is just about right for me.

#253 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:31 AM

The Assassin's Creed games are like a tortuous love affair for completionists like me. There is just so much shit in this game that getting 100% will take forever. Feathers, flags, glyphs, chests; courtesan, thief, and mercenary side missions; training the brotherhood; borgia towers; renovation; shop quests; I could go on.

It does solidify my opinion that Rome was planned and started but unfinished when AC2 shipped though, as even reusing as much as they did, it seems impossible to me that they could add so much shit into an entirely new area within a year. And that's leaving aside the multiplayer.

The only pain in the ass thing to get 100% on is the level 50 in multiplayer. I've gotten almost everything except that and bonuses (which should come with playing) in about 22 hours. It's much better than the 1st game. 1st game took me almost 35 hours to complete. 2nd game was around 26'ish. Not that bad for all the shit that needs to be collected. I do agree with you though. They just keep adding more shit into this damn game. I really don't know where they are pulling the shit out of. One thing I didn't do was the shop quests. Those were impossible unless you saved every single item you came across. In the start, I just sold those items because I didn't know what the hell they were used for and when shop quests were introduced (or I figured out how to do them), it was too late. I had sold so much shit that I couldn't do those quests. I even looted almost every person I killed looking for those items, but it was to no avail. I couldn't finish even one of them.

#254 AlphaPanda

AlphaPanda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:08 AM

Level 11 at the moment, and I noticed that all people ever do is use the damn gun. It's pretty irritating.

Why chase after someone when you can shoot em from 30 feet away, eh?

Meh, after more playing, it isn't that bad. Brotherhood is a hell of a lot of fun, but whoo lawdy it can get frustrating. I feel like I might be missing something that others aren't, or maybe I just need to practice a lot more. Would anyone like to Live it up and play some multiplayer sometime? I'm sure it'd be a hell of a lot more fun actually playing with someone.

Edited by AlphaPanda, 05 January 2011 - 01:34 PM.

Posted Image

#255 Renegade Moose

Renegade Moose

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:59 PM

and just like that I finally got extreme variety in the last 5 seconds of an alliance match last night. according to the stats, that's after 2 days 8 hours of gameplay which is ridiculous.

now all I need is for three people to chase me and fail at the same time and I'll be done with all the multiplayer achievements and I can trade it in before the tiv tanks too much more. this might be my favorite AC game yet.

Any pointers? That is going to be the hardest achievement I think for me (have everything else except the level 50 achievement). Seems nearly impossible to get without boosting.
Posted Image

#256 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:53 PM

I think im putting this on ebay today. I have most MP and 2 regular achievements to get still, but i dont really care. One is to get the 10 kill streak, the other is to win the fights with the most money. Online achievements i could care less about getting.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#257 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

Any pointers? That is going to be the hardest achievement I think for me (have everything else except the level 50 achievement). Seems nearly impossible to get without boosting.

I waaaaay overthought this, so I'm glad you asked!

try to set up profiles that'll help you with specific bonuses, focus on one and when you get it swap next time you die. for example:

profile 1 - poison / costume. at match start run to your target as fast as you can with costume enabled (so your pursuer might ignore you if seen) and try to poison them. if you get there before your costume wears off you can get your hidden bonus too. once you get killed...

profile 2 - smoke bomb / morph. head to a high traffic area (like the square in florence) and blend with morph to try to get lure / stun / escape. use the smoke bomb on your target to keep them stationary long enough for a focus bonus

try to keep in your head a checklist of the bonuses under your control: discreet, silent, incognito, acrobatic, aerial, lure, stun, escape, focus, hidden, poison. if you get one of each, that's 11 out of 15.

getting those last 4 is tough though since they require luck or sloppy opponents. alliance is best since the co-op bonuses add-up and it's easier to get one off bonuses like close call or double escape. in wanted you'll usually get at least a poacher and savior bonus leaving 2, so you can try to get midair with a gun or try for a drop kill or grounded. if you do the above in a wanted match you'll often end up in 1st place with 3 pursuers which really makes it difficult if you haven't finished the 11.

see? waaaaaaaaay too much thought. I'm actually a little ashamed. or a lot. whatever.

triple escape I just ran non-stop around manhunt matches and got it on like the 10th round (when my teammates started doing the same thing).

good luck, easily the most frustrating thing I've tried to do in a video game.

#258 AlphaPanda

AlphaPanda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:41 PM

I really need someone to play this with to make the game more enjoyable/give me tips on how to not get my ass kicked.
Posted Image

#259 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:42 PM

wanted to get the CE guide at Gamestop
but the one i went to didnt have one
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#260 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

Anything for 100% sync in the game?

nihilence.png

#261 Nealocus123

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:37 AM

Anything for 100% sync in the game?

This.

#262 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:37 PM

This.

Isn't there an achievement?

Loving MP. Once I got into games with more people around my level (and not level 50s who are just dicking around and being assholes by staying on rooftops), the XP and fun just started piling on.

New patch coming out "soon" (MP + SP fixes), as well as another free DLC with a new mode + map. I'm thinking the patch is in Microsoft's hands, but there's no real guarantee. Another thing is, despite the slightly longer wait times in lobbies and such, I don't really experience lag. Occasionally I see myself, or an enemy, slide into an animation... but it's rare. I haven't seen anyone teleport around while moving or anything. I haven't missed an assassination because they, or I, was lagging.
Steam: Rhett816

#263 Nealocus123

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:48 AM

Just beat the game. All I have to say is.

mindfuck.

I mean seriously. I'm gonna have to replay the end because I have no idea what the hell just happened. Would someone mind PMing me or explaining it in spoiler tags?

Also, how far in sync do you have to be to get all the Cristina missions? Thanks!

#264 natiev

natiev

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:07 AM

(and not level 50s who are just dicking around and being assholes by staying on rooftops)

Unfortunately it's not level specific. I've noticed there are 3 ways to play the game, you have stealthers, runners, and roofers. Now that I'm up to level 46 I'm up against a lot of level50 competition and unfortunately being max level doesn't mean that they don't play like a level 1. The key for me is to not let it get to me. Once I let roofers and runners get under my skin I quit paying attention to my surroundings give up easy kills.

#265 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:10 AM

Beat the game, weird ending. Curious about AC3.

Also level 30 now in MP, and enjoying it. If anyone else sees this and wants people to play with (the experience... in more than one way ... it's much better with friends and communication!), I only currently play with one other atm, and he's level 19 I believe. We play Manhunt mostly.

Loving Decoy, Charge and Throwing Knives. Had a couple absolute idiots that thought they were being pretty cool hanging onto the edges of buildings, or on rooftops... I run into one hanging on a wire, and he just sits there. I wait for my throwing knives to recharge while I'm under him (on the ground), nab him, and he drops helplessly in front of me. :bouncy:
Steam: Rhett816

#266 AlphaPanda

AlphaPanda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

I think I'll have to get used to Manhunt, as I only played one game of it, but I really wasn't having fun playing that. I'm sure it's a lot better playing it with others.
Posted Image

#267 Mex25

Mex25

Midget Tosser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:55 AM

I was the same way when I first tried out the multiplayer. I first tried out wanted and hated it because it was just weird but after playing it for a bit I'm used to it and love playing manhunt.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#268 Whipt

Whipt

Do I have some on my face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:59 AM

Just beat the game. All I have to say is.

mindfuck.

I mean seriously. I'm gonna have to replay the end because I have no idea what the hell just happened. Would someone mind PMing me or explaining it in spoiler tags?

Also, how far in sync do you have to be to get all the Cristina missions? Thanks!

I have beat all of the Christina missions and I was at about 45% synched. I've been doing every single side mission and haven't beaten the game so far.

#269 Nealocus123

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

I have beat all of the Christina missions and I was at about 45% synched. I've been doing every single side mission and haven't beaten the game so far.

I don't think you beat them all because I just finished them two days ago and I HAD to get to 75% for the last one to unlock. You get a new one every 15% aka 15%, 30%, 45%, 60%, 75%. After the 5th one it's over though.

#270 Whipt

Whipt

Do I have some on my face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:41 PM

I don't think you beat them all because I just finished them two days ago and I HAD to get to 75% for the last one to unlock. You get a new one every 15% aka 15%, 30%, 45%, 60%, 75%. After the 5th one it's over though.

Guess not then. I got an achievement for it and I thought that was it, but I don't remember doing 5.