(DEAD) MadMen Seasons 1-3 $9.99/$7.99 Black Friday Amazon.com Lightning Deal

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#181 gojiboy

gojiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:25 PM

Mad Men is incredible. Just finished the first disc, I was hooked right away! Doesn't move slowly to me.

#182 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:29 PM

Still available, but now at $13.99/each.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#183 Rafael122

Rafael122

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:23 AM

Finished Season 1 today, definitely started off slow but finished strong. Joan Holloway...jeebus....HOT.

#184 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:41 AM

Damn, just got mine in the mail and found that I ordered S3 on DVD instead of Blu. I don't suppose there's anyone out there in the opposite position who wants to trade?

#185 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:48 AM

Damn, just got mine in the mail and found that I ordered S3 on DVD instead of Blu. I don't suppose there's anyone out there in the opposite position who wants to trade?

Well that sucks.

My blu-rays shipped yesterday. Can't wait, after I finished SPartacus I was looking for a good TV show to watch, here's hoping!

#186 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:51 AM

Agreed. It's been stated a number of times (by me) that the series starts slow. The first 4 shows are just OK. 5 through 8 are a little better. Then it just explodes into damn good TV. Just brilliant writing. You're doing yourself a disservice if you dump it midway through the first season.

I am going to rewatch the first season to see if the "slow start" is actually true since a lot of the characters have "changed" for lack of a better word. THe slow start might not be so slow the second time around ;)

As a hater of Mad Men, I have to say, why would anyone waste 8 hours of their life in the hopes that after that, they start liking it? You love Mad Men, yet admit the first "EIGHT" episodes more-or-less suck. I give a TV show up to 5 episodes to prove itself and Mad Men did not at all. God it bored the living hell out of me. Yes, I agree the acting, production values, and music are all phenomenal, but the plot, comedy, and relationships were so drab that I couldn't handle it anymore. I had looked forward to getting to that show (in my backlog) for a long time and was sooooo thoroughly disappointed. Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead > Mad Men

SteamWidget.PNG