Current iPhone/iPod Touch optimized mobile site - Can we get it for WP7 and Android?

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Hi, I'm talking about the excellent vBulletin skin here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11&styleid=8

Of course, when you go to it on anything not an iPhone/iPod touch, it redirects you instantly back to the regular site.

"This style is for iPhones/iPods only. Please wait while we redirect you back to the standard CAG style.

Based on ElForro's iPhone Style"
Would it be possible to add "code" or whatever would be needed to allow other smartphone users to access it as well, I know it would work fine.

Specifically Windows Phone 7 and Android users.

Used the wonderful "iPhone site" on my iPhone forever and was sad to see I couldn't use it on my new WP7. Looks great for the half second before it redirects me. :(
It was so useful!

Thanks!

[quote name='dallow']Hi, I'm talking about the excellent vBulletin skin here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11&styleid=8

Of course, when you go to it on anything not an iPhone/iPod touch, it redirects you instantly back to the regular site.

Would it be possible to add "code" or whatever would be needed to allow other smartphone users to access it as well, I know it would work fine.

Specifically Windows Phone 7 and Android users.

Used the wonderful "iPhone site" on my iPhone forever and was sad to see I couldn't use it on my new WP7. Looks great for the half second before it redirects me. :(
It was so useful!

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Try this.

Hi John.

Not only is that mobile version buggy, it is nowhere near as user friendly as the skin in the I mentioned that works better for modern smartphones.

The traditional mobile site seems more apt for older wap style browsers.

I just don't see why it's limited to Apple devices when it would work just as well on WP7 and Android web browsers.

[quote name='dallow']Hi John.

Not only is that mobile version buggy, it is nowhere near as user friendly as the skin in the I mentioned that works better for modern smartphones.

The traditional mobile site seems more apt for older wap style browsers.

I just don't see why it's limited to Apple devices when it would work just as well on WP7 and Android web browsers.[/QUOTE]

What bugs, specifically? And in what way is it not as user friendly?

Can't even log in for one.

You can't deny it not even close to the "iphone" skin as far as usability.

Lack of color, pictures, text formatting.
Its just a text mobile site.

The one on my iPhone is like a mini-version of the site.

[quote name='dallow']Can't even log in for one.

You can't deny it not even close to the "iphone" skin as far as usability.

Lack of color, pictures, text formatting.
Its just a text mobile site.

The one on my iPhone is like a mini-version of the site.[/QUOTE]

Ok, we're clearly not talking about the same style. You're saying you see a WAP version of the site when you click that link?

I'll reply when I get home with what i mean exactly, with pictures. Its not wap of course but has that limited feel and look.

Its hard to navigate and reply on the full site on my current WP7.

[quote name='seanr1221']That site is ok, but I can't even figure out how to reply to a message :|[/QUOTE]

Hit the reply button:

And if you want to log in, posting a reply or thread as a guest wil automatically ask you for login info. Otherwise, there's a login button on the front page:

[quote name='dallow']You can't deny it not even close to the "iphone" skin as far as usability. [/QUOTE]

Yep, I'd deny that.

Either you're not using the right style, or the W7 mobile browser breaks it to the point where it isn't usable. (Which is what I'd be putting my money on.) But if that's the case it should be pretty obvious that the style isn't being displayed as intended, which doesn't sound like what you're describing.

Anyway, if that's the case I can fix it up for W7 as soon as I get access to a W7 phone, or some other way of effectively testing the style.

Looking at those pictures I can agree with you.
There's something broken with the browser.

Sean also uses a WP7 phone so that must be the culprit.

:Looks at mobile quote icon with envy:

I'll take a picture of what it looks like on my end tonight.

Thanks.

iphone version isnt all that wonderful anyways. No way to create a topic, edit or quote someone along with a few other missing things. wish they would make a nicer mobile site like idwaneo.org or xsellize.com

[quote name='Malik112099']iphone version isnt all that wonderful anyways. No way to create a topic, edit or quote someone along with a few other missing things. wish they would make a nicer mobile site like idwaneo.org or xsellize.com[/QUOTE]

iphoneidiotsguide.png

Yeah, after seeing what mobile site is supposed to look like in john's pics, I should have been using that instead of the "iPhone" mode. Quoting was something I wished you could do and there it was in the mobile version all along.

bread's done
Back