• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:33 PM

http://store.steampo....com/app/34830/

Not even sure what this game is but it's got a 55 / 100 Metacritic... not real promising.

Especially when you have to take quotes from a preview to pad your store page. You can tell where they have cherry picked through the reviews to find good quotes, haha.

The DLC is also half off, $2.49.

Edit: Price was 50% off and $14.99... it's now raised to $17.99 and 40% off. Now it's back to 50% off. Who knows.

Edited by animalspinners, 19 November 2010 - 01:41 AM.

#2 Xfactor19990

Xfactor19990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:34 PM

hmmm i might buy this..........

#3 norkusa

norkusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:42 PM

I was really excited to get this for 360 but it was such a huge letdown. Game requires you to be 'stealth' in many areas but you could be hiding in thick bushes 50 yards away from an enemy and they'll still see you. Also, there can be a group of enemy solders standing in a circle...you shoot one of them but the rest wont scatter because you used a silencer.

So much in this game makes no sense whatsoever. Too bad because Sniper could have been great.

#4 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:47 PM

I have a weakness for games that take place in jungle settings and this is on my wish list. I'll bite. Thanks OP.

#5 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:51 PM

Really interested, but waiting for $7.50. Thanks anyway spinners.
Posted Image

#6 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:04 AM

I was really excited to get this for 360 but it was such a huge letdown. Game requires you to be 'stealth' in many areas but you could be hiding in thick bushes 50 yards away from an enemy and they'll still see you. Also, there can be a group of enemy solders standing in a circle...you shoot one of them but the rest wont scatter because you used a silencer.

So much in this game makes no sense whatsoever. Too bad because Sniper could have been great.

There was a patch released soon after the game's release that tweaked the AI a little bit. No idea if it makes any difference though.

#7 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:11 AM

Wow, to make things worse, they just RAISED the price.

It's now 40% off, $17.99.

I'll update the OP... it sure as hell was 50% off when it first went on special.

Edit: Now it's back to 50% off.

#8 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:42 AM

Oh, thought maybe it was some game I had missed just called Sniper, then found out it is indeed Sniper: Ghost Warrior. Hope of a good sleeper sniper game killed by the dreadful reality that is Sniper: Ghost Warrior.

#9 cycophuk

cycophuk

Left to my own devices

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:00 AM

Waiting on this. I'm hoping this will be cheaper during the Xmas sale.

#10 Gimgak

Gimgak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:54 AM

City Interactive is always poor-mediocre, will probably wait a bit more for this. Looked interesting but meh not really worth it just yet.

#11 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:55 AM

Better deals are certain to come either next week or in the weeks of December. I think I'll save my money.