iPod Touch\iPhone\iPad -- Ongoing App Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5155 replies to this topic

#61 willynateDgreat

willynateDgreat

2OLD2GAME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:05 AM

Aaa - I love the smell of a new thread. Wish I had something beyond the 3G so I could try RAGE. Oh well.
Posted Image

#62 DtotheP

DtotheP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:20 AM

You can get the regular, non-HD version of rage for the 3G at a buck less right now.

Also, shape's webcamera app is on sale for $2.
http://itunes.apple....d348150234?mt=8

#63 Cimpy101

Cimpy101

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:56 AM

Would anyone reccomend Zenonia or Hybrid?

It's alright. I found its quests to be super repetitive, but it is a polished game for sure. I don't regret buying it on sale

#64 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:24 AM

Amateur Surgeon 2 came out recently and as a result, both AS1 and AS2 are down to $1 each for the time being.

These are ports of Adult Swim flash games (And thus are free to play online.) and are not spectacular but I am such a giant Trauma Center fanboy that I enjoyed these for what they were. AS2 is better by MILES and if you only want one, that's the one to get, but AS1 also has a great many clever operations that you miss out on. Plus, the backstory, but it's almost more interesting to hear Alan tell it in AS2 than to live it in AS1.

They are both just charming games, in my opinion, more than you'd expect from Adult Swim.

The Phoenix Wright port, by the way, is functional and if you never played the game on DS, you should consider getting it here. I've only got a couple qualms with it. The menu you have to hold on to open and release to select is WAY too clunky and slow for it's own good, saving is too indeterminate for my tastes (You have a save option and what appears to be a home button restore option too. It looked ugly and not well thought out.), and the text is still unskippable until you beat the case and replay it (And then, naturally, you lose that savegame if you delete the app.), so there is absolutely NO reason to double dip if you already have PW1 on DS, but, if you don't, there's not likely to be a better chance for you to dive into the franchise.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#65 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:40 AM

..and what seems to be the problem?

Do you have any idea how many people have posted, "Tell me what apps to buy"? To those of us who view this forum several times a week, it gets pretty old. I don't mean to pick on you because you're far from the first (or the last), but it really clogs up these threads.

It's like walking into a gym and yelling, "So how do I get jacked up?" Or walking into a strip club and yelling, "So how do I get jacked off?" It's just sort of uncouth.

I think all these deja vu aspects just show that we need a prominent, general iDevice discussion thread on CAG. Then this one can be only about deals.

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#66 Kush

Kush

Pixelated Sausage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:33 PM

Having bought Game Dev Story because of the tiny sale... I must say, it might be my favorite iPhone game! It's not a game that you would say, "hey, this was built for the iphone!" But, it's the only game I've played that I have legitimately lost time playing. I started it for the first time last night and the next time I looked at the clock... over an hour had already passed! Simply ridiculous. It would be nice if the game got updated with some kind of leaderboard system in the future.

#67 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:40 PM

Got Rage HD. Really awesome.

The iPad needs more sales. Hopefully the pick up soon.

seanr1221.png

#68 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

The Phoenix Wright port, by the way, is functional and if you never played the game on DS, you should consider getting it here [...]

Thanks for the mini-review, RollingSkull! With the DS version of the first game becoming a bit hard to come by, I think I that I will go ahead and jump on this.

#69 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:24 PM

I'm figuring that towards the end of next year, I will have to refer to this as the iOS Devices Sales Thread. By then I think the AppleTV will be able to play games. Either with cloud based storage, or via bluetooth connection to the iPod/iPad/iPhone.

The Macintosh App Store will be an entirely different thread though since it wouldn't apply to as many people.

Eh. If/When Apple makes the AppleTV capable of using apps, I don't think it's going to use iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad apps because I think there'll be a lot of difference between the UI of a touchscreen-based device and a device without said interface.

Even if they did do that, I assume it'll be like today where most developers are making "universal apps" and "iPad apps" and pricing up the apps for the iPad. So you'll THEN have iPhone apps, iPhone Retina apps (aka what most "universal" apps are), iPad apps, and then AppleTV apps. With a few truly "universal" apps out there that work across most or all of these devices.

The older thread was a convenient place to look for apps very quickly, but with Ipad and AppleTV content coming to this one, I'm wait and see if that remains true here because now instead of knowing what I'm looking at is relevant to my device, I'll have to double-check to be sure it's not an iPad-only (or in the future AppleTV-only) app.

#70 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:27 PM

Eh. If/When Apple makes the AppleTV capable of using apps, I don't think it's going to use iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad apps because I think there'll be a lot of difference between the UI of a touchscreen-based device and a device without said interface.

Even if they did do that, I assume it'll be like today where most developers are making "universal apps" and "iPad apps" and pricing up the apps for the iPad. So you'll THEN have iPhone apps, iPhone Retina apps (aka what most "universal" apps are), iPad apps, and then AppleTV apps. With a few truly "universal" apps out there that work across most or all of these devices.

The older thread was a convenient place to look for apps very quickly, but with Ipad and AppleTV content coming to this one, I'm wait and see if that remains true here because now instead of knowing what I'm looking at is relevant to my device, I'll have to double-check to be sure it's not an iPad-only (or in the future AppleTV-only) app.

Considering there is no such thing as an Apple TV app at this point, and iPad app sales are few and far between, you can rest easy.

seanr1221.png

#71 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:38 PM

Picked up Beyond Ynth

#72 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:49 PM

Considering there is no such thing as an Apple TV app at this point, and iPad app sales are few and far between, you can rest easy.

actually if you jailbreak it you can get 3 apps so far, one of them is only a weather app though.... lol

#73 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:44 AM

...no such thing as an "official" Apple tv app...

#74 DtotheP

DtotheP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:51 AM

The idea is that you'll use your idevice as a controller for apple tv apps.

Also, maybe the first thread could include that same list of "essential apps" that get listed ad nauseum in this thread, because honestly, it gets annoying and takes a lot of space.

#75 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

OpenFeint: Dimms

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:22 AM

FAAD is currently featuring:

Rednecks vs Aliens
(http://itunes.apple....d386207467?mt=8)
"Do you have what it takes to survive an alien invasion? Defend your redneck farmhouse from waves of outer-space invaders in this new spin on the classic tower defence strategy genre. Kill enemies, earn money, buy upgrades, and repeat!
Get out the Potato Gun, Lawnmower Blade Launcher, or those old bottles of Mayonnaise. You will have to use everything at your disposal: tornadoes, farts, shotguns, AK-47's, mine traps (and much more). Yeehaw!"

Tap Tap Ants (http://itunes.apple....d348839552?mt=8)
"Do you have a good reflex? Do you Love to play tapping games?
Let’s have a test of your reflexes and tapping speed!
Start squashing Ants on "Tap Tap Ants" and Improve your reflex speed.
Imagine you have some delicious Pizzas and you don’t want to share those with ANTS!
But Ants are rushing to your foods! You have to kill those ants; the way to exterminate them is by tapping. The more ants you kill the more points you gather. But, you are being timed so you get a total of 60 seconds to kill the ants. DON’T MISS any Ants!!!"

#76 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

OpenFeint: Dimms

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:30 AM

A 3-D multi-player Battleship-clone, Minute Commander is FREE through the weekend (http://itunes.apple....d388640436?mt=8).
"Minute Commander is a futuristic turn-based 3d naval battle game in which you can play against 2-3 of your friends or against computer players. The game is played with SINGLE device and one turn lasts one MINUTE. The main goal is to destroy your enemy as fast as you can. Each player has a fleet consisting of one heavy, two medium and two light class ships. The ships are equipped with stock weapons when the battle starts. Larger range of weapons are delivered to the battle area as the game advances."

iMole Defence is also FREE until Monday (http://itunes.apple....d399749399?mt=8).
"This is a kind of tower defense and RTS game!
In the forest, there live a group of happy moles. They have always had enough to live on for life and enjoyed gourmet food for thousands of years. Every day the only work that they need to do is to take their favorite dessert back home.
Until yesterday, a guy called Boss broke into their home and announced that none of the moles were allowed to have too much food. What the reason was that for the so called “low carbon”,they had to keep weight.The damned Boss tries every possible method to prevent the moles from taking food back home. The moles also fight to defend the dessert.
Now, in the game, you are the abominable Boss!"

#77 JollehRoger

JollehRoger

Feel My Cagceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:55 PM

Do you have any idea how many people have posted, "Tell me what apps to buy"? To those of us who view this forum several times a week, it gets pretty old. I don't mean to pick on you because you're far from the first (or the last), but it really clogs up these threads.

It's like walking into a gym and yelling, "So how do I get jacked up?" Or walking into a strip club and yelling, "So how do I get jacked off?" It's just sort of uncouth.

I think all these deja vu aspects just show that we need a prominent, general iDevice discussion thread on CAG. Then this one can be only about deals.

Can you tell me what apps to buy? Also while we are on the subject, could you also tell me how to get jacked up while we're at the gym. On a related note, could you also tell me how do I get jacked off while we're at the strip club.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Add me OnLive: JollehRoger

#78 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:17 PM

On a related note, could you also tell me how do I get jacked off while we're at the strip club.

Depending upon the club it's going to range anywhere from $20-$100. It's figure into the private room charge. I assume. From movies. Not personal experience.

Damn it.

#79 soyverde

soyverde

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:35 PM

Can you tell me what apps to buy? Also while we are on the subject, could you also tell me how to get jacked up while we're at the gym. On a related note, could you also tell me how do I get jacked off while we're at the strip club.

Hey man, that's uncouth. We can't go around talking about worthwhile apps in an app deal thread. There's obviously an entire section for iOS discussions that you should be using. If there isn't, it's somehow your fault for not creating it. I'd appreciate if everyone would continue to further pollute this thread with random whining about relevant app/device content that does not specifically mention a sale. I'm capable of ignoring that content, unlike those pesky lists of worthy applications. :lol:

#80 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:37 PM

Way to keep peeing in the pool guys. At least I made my digressing rant funny.

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#81 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:56 PM

Train Conducter - FREE (http://itunes.apple....0t0f0fp0c0s5814)
"Control trains with the swipe of a finger, avoid disastrous collisions and explore 10 exotic Australian levels. THIS IS NO SIMULATION - JUST SUPER FUN! Become a Train Conductor today!"

Skate It by EA - .99 (http://itunes.apple....0t0f0fp0c0s5814)
"Skate it, own it, make it yours. Nail the kickflip, grind the rail, and lay down killer lines. The most realistic skate experience for iPhone® & iPod touch® is now in your hands."

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#82 Ronin317

Ronin317

The Yinzer Slayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:36 PM

Got Rage HD. Really awesome.

The iPad needs more sales. Hopefully the pick up soon.

When they change it to add the front and back cameras and a carbon fiber backing (as the rumor is), it will pick up.
Posted Image

#83 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:11 PM

its total BS that Lego harry Potter wont work on 4.0.1
Posted Image

#84 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:22 PM

Score one for people who don't pirate.

seanr1221.png

#85 jason506

jason506

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:22 PM

What device are you using, because I hear it won't work with anything lower than 3rd gen (the 8 gig isn't really third gen either).

#86 LuisRM

LuisRM

Midcore Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:23 PM

I agree, I've ran into that problem with a few apps and it's quite annoying. I guess that's one way to screw the jailbreakers.

Question though, did you notice that when you downloaded it through iTunes or through your phone? I got the notice on my phone. I wonder if I bought it on iTunes if I would have been screwed.

#87 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:46 PM

Rage HD is my 4th app/game over .99 and it is worth it! Sound and graphics are awesome. Controls are a bit iffy but I don't see how they could have done them better. I wish I could touch items to pick them up because I find myself wasting ammo trying to do it.
Posted Image

#88 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:25 AM

What device are you using, because I hear it won't work with anything lower than 3rd gen (the 8 gig isn't really third gen either).

im on a iphone 4 16gb fw4.0.1

I agree, I've ran into that problem with a few apps and it's quite annoying. I guess that's one way to screw the jailbreakers.

Question though, did you notice that when you downloaded it through iTunes or through your phone? I got the notice on my phone. I wonder if I bought it on iTunes if I would have been screwed.

It does not work on the iphone 4 fw 4.0.1 when downloaded off the appstore. Google it or look at the reviews. Many people have paid for it and gotten an error when downloading/installing.
Posted Image

#89 SirConnery

SirConnery

You're The Man Now Dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:19 AM

There will eventually be Apple TV apps, just indirectly. What Apple will do is take whatever is on your iOS device's display and send it wirelessly over Bluetooth to your AppleTV and show it on the screen. Your iOS device will still do all the processing.

The AppleTV has nand flash inside of it but that's reserved for future OS updates, not necessarily app store use.

#90 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:20 AM

If the Apple TV could do that, I'd buy one.

seanr1221.png