CAGcast #220: You Tell 'em, Slaphead

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 firstadopter

firstadopter

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:38 AM

The site is called Raptr, but you have register first to start the game time counters.

#62 firstadopter

firstadopter

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:42 AM

I thought that Wombat's topic of whether or not a game should ever be made from a business point of view was interesting. Anybody who has kept track of game sales for this console generation can probably get a gut feeling of whether a game will sell or not just by looking at a short demo. Many of these games that don't sell well are indeed good games, but what will it take to sell them? It's kind of sad to see talented developers avoid new and untested concepts out of fear that it just won't appeal to the mass audience. But hey, throw enough advertising money at something an it's instantly appealing. $500 million dollars sure did the trick for Microsoft.

It seems like the top sellers these days fall in the first person shooter (Halo, Call of Duty), first person action RPGs (Fallout, Mass Effect), sports (NBA2K11, Madden), and open world (GTA, Red Dead) buckets with an emphasis on brand name studios pedigrees behind them. Other then above, it's really hard to break out a new hit with an unknown studio (Batman AA excepted) even IF you make a great game.

#63 pLa

pLa

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:55 PM

Driving a police car that looks like a Lamborghini, you say? Welcome to Italy ( :
to be honest, there are only two of these roaming the highways as far as I know.

#64 Energy Penguin

Energy Penguin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:41 PM

Hey Cheapy,
Garnett Lee gave your site a shout out on Weekend Confirmed. They were talking about black Friday deals and he said to go to CAG for the most extensive coverage. That was cool.

#65 prence

prence

Yeah, I'm pretty awesome.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:02 PM

Finally got around to listening to this. My girlfriend takes insanely hot showers so when I do join her, I can go all over her back and she won't even notice.
Remote parties restarted the matchmaking process.

#66 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

^
^
^
Lmao