Dead Space: Extraction (Wii) $10.99 + FS @ NewEgg

sergioalb64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...27134&cm_re=dead_space-_-78-127-134-_-Product

Link didn't work for me; I searched for the game and added to cart from the search results. Worked fine.

Searched but didn't find a thread for this. Will gladly remove if it's a repost.

I bought it last year when Amazon had it on sale on Black Friday for $25 (they had it for $20 a few days before that but I missed it). I liked it a lot, but I do like on-rails shooters :)

What's the deal with the PS3 release? Is it included with all PS3 copies of Dead Space 2? I thought I heard that it's only with the Limited Editions but I'm not sure.

[quote name='Vegan']What's the deal with the PS3 release? Is it included with all PS3 copies of Dead Space 2? I thought I heard that it's only with the Limited Editions but I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

Every first print copy will have it (Collectors & Non Collectors). Just like Medal of Honor did with the HD version of Frontlines and how they did Battlefield BC2's LE. After a short time they won't have them anymore.

One of my friends has been saying how much I need to get this, so I figured that for $11 I could do a lot worse. In for 1.

Not crapping on this game at all, and I would like to suggest anyone with a Wii who has not played this game pick it up. That said, one thing that really bothered me.

I enjoyed this game, but it was VERY slow paced, sometimes to the point of boredom. This one thing alone makes me unlikely to ever replay the game, despite being a short game (I believe my playthrough clocked in at 4.5 hours).

That said, there is an arcade mode where you just blast through enemies in various areas of the game, so while you may never play the story a second time, the game won't necessarily sit on the shelf (especially if you enjoy a fun rail shooter).

I rarely touch it, since I like Overkill more. But definitely buy it at this price, the one playthrough alone is worth the price of my admission.

Been wanting this for awhile and I can't imagine it getting much lower, and if so the amount would be negligible enough for me not to care. Thanks OP!

This was good fun with a friend of mine.

But if you haven't played Overkill yet, go with that one. So many lulz with a friend.

Dreadfully bad game that I paid full price for and sold immediately after beating.

You couldn't pay me to play it again.

The game is boring, easy, and worst of all it is loaded with game-ending glitches. Poor checkpoint placement and the inability to skip the "cutscenes" makes it truly painful to have to replay a level after the game freezes on you.

I'd recommend every Wii shooter before this one.

Respectfully, I can't disagree more; I found Extraction one of the more engaging rail-shooters on the Wii, though it helps that I was in the strange slice of people who 1) Owns both a Wii and a 360 or PS3, 2) Loved the crap out of the original Dead Space, and 3) Likes rail-shooters. I also like HOTD: Overkill, and it's probably a better straight-up light gun game, but the combination of the lore/setting of Dead Space, the light RPG-ish customization and just the more methodical pacing of the game all clicked with me.

I picked Extraction up last Black Friday, actually, when it was $25, and really liked it. At this price I'd recommend it for anyone who likes rail-shooters and doesn't mind something a bit more narrative-focused.

Does this play like a light gun game? I.E. can I use my Nyko Perfect Shot and play with a buddy in 2P mode? I can bet I can get $11 worth of entertainment that way...

EDIT: nevermind, found a review on NewEgg that said they played 2P with Perfect Shots...awesome! I'm in. Thanks OP!

[quote name='boylover']Dreadfully bad game that I paid full price for and sold immediately after beating.

You couldn't pay me to play it again.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you didn't play the same game everyone else did.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']EDIT: nevermind, found a review on NewEgg that said they played 2P with Perfect Shots...awesome! I'm in. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Don't be afraid to play it without the Perfect Shot. DS:E uses most of the buttons on the face of the Wiimote. I have a couple of Nyko Action Pak digital grips, that are digital versions of the analog Perfect Shots, and the game felt better with just a plain Wiimote and attached nunchuck--it feels fine as only one of the weapons in the game is really a "gun."

Totally recommend using gun grips with House of the Dead Overkill, though--it totally enhances the experience.

BTW--I have to say that anyone who maligns this game as unworthy has either:
A) never played this game, or
B) has tastes that stray far from the norm.

The Average MetaCritic pro score is 82.

Opinions are like noses and all that, blah, blah, blah... pancakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='donssword']Don't be afraid to play it without the Perfect Shot. DS:E uses most of the buttons on the face of the Wiimote. I have a couple of Nyko Action Pak digital grips, that are digital versions of the analog Perfect Shots, and the game felt better with just a plain Wiimote and attached nunchuck--it feels fine as only one of the weapons in the game is really a "gun."

Totally recommend using gun grips with House of the Dead Overkill, though--it totally enhances the experience.[/QUOTE]

Good deal. Yeah, picked up HotD:Overkill last year and that one does rock with the Perfect Shots. I also have that HotD collection on Wii. Good stuff.

I would never play a game like this myself...I'm a real pussy. Although I read that even with a friend it's pretty intense lol. At $11 ya can't lose. I am sure if it's not my cup of tea I can sell it later for nearly all of that back.

bread's done
Back