Broken Xbox 360 / Best Buy Warranty Help

cynicalaa22

CAGiversary!
I bought an Xbox 360 at launch at Best Buy, which I purchased an extended warranty on. The store has a service that they do called "Rapid Exchange" where you bring in your broken Xbox 360 to send back to the warehouse, and they send you a "refurbished" model (lately, they've been sending me 2008 models) in exchange for it. I have paid extra money to extend the warranty with the company, and am now wondering what I should do.

I have exchanged probably 7 different Xboxes since 2006, and I'm really getting tired of it. Each one I've had had different problems from E74 errors to weird red lines across the screen to not reading discs to the Red Ring of Death. Each time I've done this, it's taken about 2 weeks to get another console, which is to say the least annoying. I do not live near a Best Buy, and have to drive at least 30 minutes to get there.

The other day, I got one back from a disc read error, and it is now displaying an E74 error.

I am so fed up with this.

I'd like to get my money back, but I don't think it's an option. The Xbox 360 is VERY unreliable with its hardware, and I'd at least like to get a NEWER console so it doesn't crash again.

I am very close to going down there and making a scene (most of the time, the employees have been very rude to me about it).

What do you think I should do? Speak with a manager about getting my money back, or something similar? What are your suggestions?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and answer.

Why do people feel the need to make a scene? Seriously, that might get you out of the store faster, but I highly doubt it'll be the result you want.

I've never bought an extended warranty on something like that, but I'd see if they would just exchange you for one they have in stock. If you've had that many problems, they should be able to see that in their system I would think.

Talk to a supervisor if you need to, but don't make a scene. If you pulled that on me, I'd go out of my way to make sure you wouldn't leave with what you wanted. And remember, people are just doing their jobs. Most of these corporate big box stores have a policy that employees are just trying to follow.

bread's done
Back