Wii: Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil $17.12 on Amazon.com

I was pretty sure they didn't add widescreen in this version as Capcom would have had to redo the whole game.

Also for those that like brick and mortar, this is $14.99(clearance) along with RE0 at Best Buy. Very good games, especially the remake. I still am in aww when I see the visuals.

This can be found for around $10 at TRU. Also, there is no widescreen because this game wasn't made for widescreen TVs. Capcom made a business decision not to retouch the game, so it's the same as the GameCube version.

[quote name='CaoPi']For some reason I coudn't get the widescreen mode to work for this it's strange you have to set the wii to 4:3 to get the widescreen to work...[/QUOTE]
It never had a widescreen option to begin with. All those "widescreen" gameplay videos for both this & Zero are just stretched, akes me disgusted knowing there are people that can stand that.

[quote name='SkyMasterson']I was pretty sure they didn't add widescreen in this version as Capcom would have had to redo the whole game.[/QUOTE]
Simply widening the camera angles =/= remaking everything

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Simply widening the camera angles =/= remaking everything[/QUOTE]

But the backgrounds are pre-rendered images. Wouldn't Capcom have had to re-capture background images in 16:9 from the renders?

bread's done
Back