CAG on your mobile devices

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#61 Sinistar

Sinistar

Bob's my uncle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

why does my iphone always lose the mobile website??

I am having the the same thing happening on Android both in regular browser and Chrome.

#62 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

I am having the the same thing happening on Android both in regular browser and Chrome.

Not sure what "lose the mobile website" means - the page displayed for the URL reverts back to the full site?

Recently, my Android phone (default browser) doesn't load the mobile site on the first try sometimes, or maybe more accurately, it takes a while (15 seconds plus) to display anything. I don't think it's the phone or connection as another mobile website (a notorious deal site) loads instantly.

#63 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

Not loading mobile site for me again. Happened a while back.
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#64 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

Haven't stopped working for me on Opera.

#65 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:50 PM

Have you bookmarked the mobile URL?

#66 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

I've always bookmarked the mobile link, but every now and then (once every 6-10 months), it stops working and I have to find the link again on Page 1

Posted Image

#67 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

I've always bookmarked the mobile link, but every now and then (once every 6-10 months), it stops working and I have to find the link again on Page 1

I think it's more likely your phone deleted the cookie.

#68 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:46 AM

I think it's more likely your phone deleted the cookie.

Cheapy just referred to a mobile URL. Why does the page displayed depend on a cookie, if there's a dedicated URL?

#69 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:52 AM

Cheapy just referred to a mobile URL. Why does the page displayed depend on a cookie, if there's a dedicated URL?

Standard vBulletin functionality, style choices work through cookies.

#70 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:26 AM

So if I have the mobile link bookmarked, and somehow the cookie gets deleted, it won't display the mobile site anymore, even if it's already bookmarked? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Posted Image

#71 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

So if I have the mobile link bookmarked, and somehow the cookie gets deleted, it won't display the mobile site anymore, even if it's already bookmarked? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

If you have the link bookmarked, going to it should take you to the mobile site. The cookie is there to automatically set the style on subsequent visits.

#72 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

The last day or two (at least) I noticed on my Android phone that I was no longer logged into CAG (mobile site).

I click the login button on the mobile site home page and get an error:

"You do not have permission to perform the action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again."
Beneath this it shows "username" and "password" but they are grayed out.

Refreshed the page, cleared my browser cache, power cycled my phone - no change.

Anybody else getting this?

Any suggestions from the CAG IT wizard?

#73 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:10 AM

Bueller? Bueller?

The last day or two (at least) I noticed on my Android phone that I was no longer logged into CAG (mobile site).

"You do not have permission to perform the action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again."

Refreshed the page, cleared my browser cache, power cycled my phone - no change.

#74 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

It's a shame CAG doesn't have a decent mobile app. Hell, take the Android Cnetral app I use for example. It's based on tapatalk and works great. Why the same can't be done here I don't know. Whoever they hired to write the app did a fast job of it too.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#75 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

I should update this. I actually could login to CAG on my Android phone. I didn't realize that the grayed-out "username" and "password" were actually the fields themselves, and not field labels. Once I replaced them with my actual username and password, I was able to login.

So 2 things (well, 3, really):

1. Don't tell the user they don't have permission to perform an action when all they're trying to do is login - and since you're letting them login, they obviously do have permission.
2. Use a more standard UI for the login screen that displays the field labels in normal text to the left of the field boxes, not grayed-out inside the field boxes.
3. I don't know why I got logged out in the first place - or for that matter, why CAG occasionally resets from the mobile site to the full site, although I use the same shortcut link all the time. It could be something I'm doing, but I doubt it.

#76 Darthstryk3R

Darthstryk3R

Sith Happens!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

On windows lumia 900 when I use the mobile link nothing shows up to reply to posts.

#77 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

On windows lumia 900 when I use the mobile link nothing shows up to reply to posts.

This is still an issue on Windows Phones. The mobile site is broken. Any chance for a fix?

seanr1221.png

#78 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

FYI the 'jump to page' option at the bottom of mobile pages is not currently working. No matter what page number you select, it refreshes the page without the page parameter in the URL.

#79 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

I would like to see trader ratings in Tapatalk. Not sure if it needs to be implemented on CAG's end or Tapatalk's.
76561198025510545.png

#80 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Can't even access mobile site anymore on my iPhone. It used to work fine, but hasn't been working the last few days

Edit: Saw a link link to the mobile site, clicked it and its working fine again. Don't know why my old bookmark messed up. Oh well, got a new working one.

Edited by dchrisd, 05 March 2013 - 02:01 AM.

Posted Image

#81 invincibleaggre

invincibleaggre

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

working fine on my desire hd.

#82 KingZ

KingZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

Iphone 5: site works fine with browsers, doesnt work on Tapatalk.

#83 FloodyFloats

FloodyFloats

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

Site works fine on android not working on tapatalk though

#84 CAGMoose

CAGMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

The new mobile site is great :-)

#85 Sivarticus

Sivarticus

Kentucky Fried Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but on my old iOS theme there was an option to jump to the last page, but now there is only a next button. If anyone has a different solution for me please PM me. I visit a couple threads with 40+ pages and that would be a nightmare! Lol

#86 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

Same as above. Not being able to jump to the last page or even select a page on the mobile version is driving me nuts.

Unless I can't find it and am being stupid lol

Edited by evophile, 05 June 2013 - 08:59 PM.

evophile.pngevophile.png

#87 Fonz72

Fonz72

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

Mobile version is pretty bjorked without the ability to go to the last page of a thread.
Posted Image

#88 kerbacious

kerbacious

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

Same as everyone else but also having an issue with jumping to the last page

#89 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

Also having issues jumping to the last page on Galaxy S4

Posted ImagePosted Image

#90 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:03 PM

Count me among those unable to jump to last page.

HTC rezound